X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Still 3 of us that have yet to clear. Open enrollment ends Friday at midnight (well, 11:59) and we can't access the system to do it, can't access any study materials outside of the classroom, can't set up any accounts for any of the tools that we'll use, can't set up direct deposit so paycheck will get mailed to my address in freaking Indiana...because I can't update my address with them.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "Holy ****, weddings are expensive!" gear grindings...
    That is kind of ridiculous! someone at mr les work was working for a month until they realized they didn't do something they should have done to clear them. Decided the person couldn't work until it was cleared. Talk about cf. They didn't have enough people to cover, everyone had to rearrange schedules but it wasn't fixable. There was a bit of kerfluffle and suddenly they managed to pull it off
    Last edited by leswp1; 10-30-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

After I say "that's crazy" twice, please wrap up your story.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Also, not having the money to take No Nut November literally really grinds my gears.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          That is kind of ridiculous! someone at mr les work was working for a month until they realized they didn't do something they should have done to clear them. Decided the person couldn't work until it was cleared. Talk about cf. They didn't have enough people to cover, everyone had to rearrange schedules but it wasn't fixable. There was a bit of kerfluffle and suddenly they managed to pull it off
          It is. Finally was cleared today. Employee number now only works for one thing, however...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

It is. Finally was cleared today. Employee number now only works for one thing, however...
            Are you getting paid while they are standing about with their finger up their arse? If yes then enjoy the vacation.

Comment

Just found out my "smart" Christmas lights somehow became dumb lights while in storage over the summer. Every strand has at least one LED smart bulb that went bad, causing half the strand to not respond to the controller box.

Also, none of the bulbs are replaceable.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Are you getting paid while they are standing about with their finger up their arse? If yes then enjoy the vacation.
                Yes, but we were brought in and started like we had been cleared before the official start date. However, my paycheck got mailed to Indianapolis because I couldn't set up direct deposit since I just gained access to that yesterday...and I need to register something through an app. But I can only do that from a work computer.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Yes, but we were brought in and started like we had been cleared before the official start date. However, my paycheck got mailed to Indianapolis because I couldn't set up direct deposit since I just gained access to that yesterday...and I need to register something through an app. But I can only do that from a work computer.
                  Bummer. I forgot that part.

Comment

Grinding my gears... I was supposed to go back to work part-time yesterday, but "someone" forgot to do "something" and I am now on day 2 of waiting to have my access restored (so I can't do anything). My paperwork was completely done last Wednesday, and they knew when I was supposed to go back, so I did everything I needed to do - in plenty of time. So I have been stuck sitting at home, in case my boss calls - so I'll be able to log on and work.
                    Last edited by jen; 11-12-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Baking for coffee hours and providing treats for coffee hour? Easy.

Hosting coffee hour? Exhausting.

Comment

A couple things that grind my gears:

Cis people telling me when and how to be offended. It's never on the cis person to decide what's offensive or degrading to the trans person. Example: If I think Dave Chappelle made a transphobic joke, then I think he made a transphobic joke. A few cis people tried to tell me "oh, he wasn't being transphobic." You're not trans; it's not up to you to decide.

"Struggling with pronouns."- I've been Facebook out for over 2 years. I can understand struggling when I first tell you, but if you're still "struggling" two years later... it's not a struggle, it's a deliberate choice. I know with operant conditioning, antecedent - stimulus - behavior - consequence- reinforcement. Then again, the goal of reinforcement is to get you to do it without me handing you a cookie every time you say "she/her."

Comment

Women who go to professional conferences, bring babies, sit in the middle of the room and let the baby fuss with little if any attempt to quiet the child.

Comment

ho ho ho. it's the best time of year. employee review time. blech.

especially this year. I've been back for a month (and only part-time). I have done very little. my feedback (on myself and others) is going to be minimal.
                            Last edited by jen; 12-13-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I hate employee reviews.

With what you went through, hopefully your manager understands.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I hate employee reviews.

With what you went through, hopefully your manager understands.
                                And still going through. I am very lucky that my boss is one of the very few people who "get it" regarding concussions. I think his kids have had some, and he played college football, so I assume he's dealt with them as well. If anything, he has erred on the side of caution regarding my work. Luckily I was my normal self for the first 4 months, so the work year wasn't a TOTAL write-off.

But reviews are still a pain in the ***.

Comment

Working...
                                X