Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

The best children

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Oh lord Trump is going to bomb Madrid now...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          We often don't discover problems until after the fact. Sometimes long after the fact. I want to see republicans in congress scream from the highest mountaintop this is wrong. In America we protect children. Or at least we're supposed to. I don't care if it happened yesterday, last year or 10 years ago. Hold the loose cannons in law enforcement responsible and make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm not holding my breath. So all republicans can still go fvck themselves.
          “The ACLU obtained more than 30,000 pages of records for its report, all of which relate to alleged abuses taking place between 2009 and 2014, under the Obama administration.“
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

We have some conservatives who post here often, despite being clearly outnumbered and often getting nothing but shyt for it. And they often do so in an even-handed and thoughtful manner. This site would not be as good without them.

None of them voted for Trump, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              We have some conservatives who post here often, despite being clearly outnumbered and often getting nothing but shyt for it. And they often do so in an even-handed and thoughtful manner. This site would not be as good without them.

None of them voted for Trump, of course.
              Unless Trump’s presidency ends early, a streak of mine dating back to 1984 will end. I have voted for a second term for every sitting President, except Carter. I’ve always believed 4 years is too short a time to make a difference.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Trump: Our ancestors "tamed a continent"

At least no one here voted him into office despite continually defending him...
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Unless Trump’s presidency ends early, a streak of mine dating back to 1984 will end. I have voted for a second term for every sitting President, except Carter. I’ve always believed 4 years is too short a time to make a difference.
                  There's probably some truth to that, and it confirms your objectivity, but I cannot understand voting for Dubya after the Iraq invasion. Our representatives voted to support it, so Dems have ownership of that decision too, but for voters who were not subject to the intense political pressure of false patriotism, it seemed even then to be completely unjustified and dangerous in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    There's probably some truth to that, and it confirms your objectivity, but I cannot understand voting for Dubya after the Iraq invasion. Our representatives voted to support it, so Dems have ownership of that decision too, but for voters who were not subject to the intense political pressure of false patriotism, it seemed even then to be completely unjustified and dangerous in the long run.
                    The Iraq war wasn't an obvious unmitigated disaster until 2005-06, after his re-election.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Pretty inspiring https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-virginia-west
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Tweet today blames dems for the policy of separating children from families at the border.

Because of course

Comment

There it is. Someone in the media to use the appropriate "lie" word for what Trump tweeted this morning. Because that's what he did. Lied. Bald-faced, openly, LIED.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So... when can we expect to be sanctioned by the UN?

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                The Iraq war wasn't an obvious unmitigated disaster until 2005-06, after his re-election.
                                It was a forseeable disaster in the fall of 2014.

As to the WMDs, the man in charge of monitoring the weapons in Iraq had been on record as saying there were no WMDs in country before the invasion. On the overall benefit/detriment analysis, there was Cheney's own prior assessment under HWB which basically predicted the catastrophe that eventually occurred.

Comment

Working...
                                X