Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    No it isn't, he's a bag man for the financial industry, charter schools, oligarchs, and basically everything else the Republicans want in terms of economic issues. The guy isn't all that distinguishable from Mitt Romney on those issues.

And explain how she's an idiot. She has a history of activism, she has good policies, she explains them well for the most part. It's not like she's your average out of touch celeb.
    IIRC Cuomo banned fracking, got the state legislature to legalize same sex marriage and passed a free college tuition bill. Having The Mittster as my governor back in the day, I'm fairly sure he wasn't in favor of any of those liberal policies back then, and certainly hasn't been since he ran for Prez on 2012 to present day.

Cuomo seems like a moderate. That's not the same thing as a Republican as moderate Republicans don't exist.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No it isn't, he's a bag man for the financial industry, charter schools, oligarchs, and basically everything else the Republicans want in terms of economic issues. The guy isn't all that distinguishable from Mitt Romney on those issues.

And explain how she's an idiot. She has a history of activism, she has good policies, she explains them well for the most part. It's not like she's your average out of touch celeb.
      If Rover keeps agreeing with me I may change my mind.

My impressions of Nixon are from watching her speaking engagements, which are unimpressive and marked by all the intellectual ability of a very pretty white mouse. I do not care for her. She seems to me to be running a vanity campaign for her ego.

I am all in favor of her policies. If you're telling me she'll help the cause, then fine, I'll accept that. She comes across to me as superficial and empty. But if she wins elections because she's big with People Magazine Voters, inshallah. There are a lot of them and American Idol gets a bigger turnout than the US presidential election.
      Last edited by Kepler; 06-06-2018, 01:03 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Senator Bob Corker finally finds his balls, uses them.

Retirement sure brings out the best "fu**-it" attitudes, doesn't it?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Senator Bob Corker finally finds his balls, uses them.

Retirement sure brings out the best "fu**-it" attitudes, doesn't it?
          That and presumably whatever corporate lobby shop he'll be jumping to has given him his marching orders. Just a whore being passed from one john to the next.

Hope he gives the Boiled Ham in a Wig an aneurysm.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He accused the Canadians of burning down the WH during the War of 1812 as a national security reason during his call with Trudeau...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              He accused the Canadians of burning down the WH during the War of 1812 as a national security reason during his call with Trudeau...
              jfc
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Tell me again how Hillary was a lock.

I'm not saying on everything. But time and again, the Dems show exactly how spineless they are by backing down to Republicans on policy. I see you didn't even bother to address the things I mentioned, but brought up a bunch of others. OK,

CHiP. An already existing program that electing a Dem meant it would continue. Nothing new,. groundbreaking, or particularly game-changing about it.

ACA. A Rube Goldberg contraption based on a Conservative think tank's policy papers. Truly progressive. And they killed their bargaining power from the get-go by taking the public option, let alone single payer, off the table.

Dodd-Frank was about the most watered down financial "regulation" they could get passed, as again, they wouldn't fight the Repubs for anything tougher. But once again, policy straight out of that centrist, Third Way, Republican lite that you think the Dems should be. And what about this most recent horrible banking legislation they joined with the Repubs to get passed?

Donald Trump ran on a populist message, even though just an act, and got elected. But somehow, the Democrats shouldn't go that way, and should stick to the tried and true milquetoast stances that got them smoked by Trump in the first place. What's the definition of insanity again?

But Hillary was a lock, right?
                I definitely want single-payer as well, but do people really fail to see that the medicaid expansion was absolutely monumental for millions of people? The health exchanges, subsidies, etc. were only a small part of what the ACA did.
                Passing the ACA cost a lot of political capitol. One aspect of that was Nancy Pelosi having to convince a number of Dem Reps to stick their necks out and vote for something that could very likely, and in many cases did, cost them their jobs. It's something people seem to have forgotten too easily.
                Last edited by Stauber1; 06-06-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  I definitely want single-payer as well, but do people really fail to see that the medicaid expansion was absolutely monumental for millions of people? The health exchanges, subsidies, etc. were only a small part of what the ACA did.
                  Passing the ACA cost a lot of political capitol. One aspect of that was Nancy Pelosi having to convince a number of Dem Reps to stick their necks out and vote for something that could very likely, and in many cases did, cost them their jobs. It's something people seem to have forgotten too easily.
                  Correct. Everyone has forgotten.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Don't know much about history...don't know much biology or science or economics or the Constitution or, for that matter, basic civics. Lying, bullying, projecting, advance aggrieved whining and pulling out all the stops to CYA, those things he knows.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Don't know much about history...don't know much biology or science or economics or the Constitution or, for that matter, basic civics. Lying, bullying, projecting, advance aggrieved whining and pulling out all the stops to CYA, those things he knows.
                      See post #845

Comment

It cost them their "jobs" because they caved to Joe Liebermann and conservadem types on the public option part rather than holding their feet to the fire and threatening their "jobs". Which is ironic in a number of ways.

Comment

Completely agree. Reminds me of the Brady bill back in Clinton's term. Only time in 50 years the NRA lost on capitol hill, yet Bubba and the Dems apparently spent that whole 8 years only passing Republican legislation, since Republicans are all about defying the NRA. A lot of Dems put their jobs on the line for that as well and were rewarded with indifference from the base during the next mid-term election.
                          Last edited by Rover; 06-06-2018, 02:04 PM.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

It cost them their "jobs" because they caved to Joe Liebermann and conservadem types on the public option part rather than holding their feet to the fire and threatening their "jobs". Which is ironic in a number of ways.
                            What part of they didn't have 60 votes do you not understand?

Comment

Nice revisionist history. You would have nothing right now without that compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Nice revisionist history. You would have nothing right now without that compromise.
                                If Bernie has magical powers, and he was in Congress at the time, why didn't he use his magic wand to make the public option happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X