Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

Just checking in. Looks like another day for you and me in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Sorry, hovey, you said exactly that. Did you want to clarify your statement?
      Sorry, dx, I didn't.

Here is what rufus attributed to me:

"You yourself said just yesterday that you aren't worried about anything this president does until he starts rounding up and arresting people."

I'll wait. Go ahead and find a quote by me where I state that I'm not worried about anything this president does until he starts rounding up and arresting people.

The whole "arrest" discussion centered around a USA Today article, and then someone's question to me about whether I was worried about Trump's threat to arrest journalists. I said that I had no concern about Trump arresting journalists. He simply doesn't have the ability to do that, even as President.

I can't help it that some people (not journalists, by the way) are pizzing themselves worried that Trump is going to round up all the journalists in a gulag. But I don't worry about it.

But how you leap from that to rufus interpretation of my post is something someone else will have to explain.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Regarding that whole "rounding people up" thing from the last thread:
        We're Making Undocumented People Straight Up Wear Yellow Bracelets Now

Following that up, the kids separated from their parents during these deportations? The Federal Government has lost 1,500 of 'em and couldn't give a sh** less where they are.

*edit* I'd just like to add that I'm happy they found a way to re-use all those old Lance Armstrong bracelets...
        Saw that article yesterday, just straight up disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          ... worried that Trump is going to round up all the journalists in a gulag.
          I only know of one President who ordered the round-up and imprisonment of "fake news" journalists ... so far.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sorry, dx, I didn't.

Here is what rufus attributed to me:

"You yourself said just yesterday that you aren't worried about anything this president does until he starts rounding up and arresting people."

I'll wait. Go ahead and find a quote by me where I state that I'm not worried about anything this president does until he starts rounding up and arresting people.

The whole "arrest" discussion centered around a USA Today article, and then someone's question to me about whether I was worried about Trump's threat to arrest journalists. I said that I had no concern about Trump arresting journalists. He simply doesn't have the ability to do that, even as President.

I can't help it that some people (not journalists, by the way) are pizzing themselves worried that Trump is going to round up all the journalists in a gulag. But I don't worry about it.

But how you leap from that to rufus interpretation of my post is something someone else will have to explain.
            Ummm so from the time you said you'll wait for someone to find something, you only got one more sentence out before saying what we're supposed to find. At least make us work for it

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Ummm so from the time you said you'll wait for someone to find something, you only got one more sentence out before saying what we're supposed to find. At least make us work for it
              If they're going to try to find what they think I posted, as opposed to what I actually posted, they are going to have to work for it.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

THE best people

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/389...grant-children

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Put Gina Haspel on it. I hear she's good with people.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

JFC...
                    I need to quit paying attention to the news. I'm rapidly reaching a point of no return where all I want to see is republicans leaders dying. Just flat out dying. The republicans running congress have it in their power to say "no more." They can decide enough is enough and America needs a re-set and a return to some form of the ideals it was founded on. Fvck, just read the inscription at the Statue of Liberty. Yet they turn a blind eye to all of it. Every story that comes out with yet another example of how those in positions of power are behaving reprehensibly or criminally is met with silence or approval by nearly every republican. Fvck them all. They all should die today.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      JFC...
                      I need to quit paying attention to the news. I'm rapidly reaching a point of no return where all I want to see is republicans leaders dying. Just flat out dying. The republicans running congress have it in their power to say "no more." They can decide enough is enough and America needs a re-set and a return to some form of the ideals it was founded on. Fvck, just read the inscription at the Statue of Liberty. Yet they turn a blind eye to all of it. Every story that comes out with yet another example of how those in positions of power are behaving reprehensibly or criminally is met with silence or approval by nearly every republican. Fvck them all. They all should die today.
                      Doesn't the article say that the report documents abuses that occurred between 2009 and 2014, during the period the Obama administration was running DHS? Not that I blame Obama for the actions of a bunch of perverted border agents, but I'm curious about your response.

Comment

You would think our so-called "Christians" would be up in arms over that. But............

We do so love the little children, though.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Doesn't the article say that the report documents abuses that occurred between 2009 and 2014, during the period the Obama administration was running DHS? Not that I blame Obama for the actions of a bunch of perverted border agents, but I'm curious about your response.
                          Depends which part he's referring to but the separation of kids from their parents is not an Obama era policy.

But yes, it's one of many no so bright spots on Obama's record.

Comment

Doesn't the article say that the report documents abuses that occurred between 2009 and 2014, during the period the Obama administration was running DHS?
                            Remnants. 43's fault.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We often don't discover problems until after the fact. Sometimes long after the fact. I want to see republicans in congress scream from the highest mountaintop this is wrong. In America we protect children. Or at least we're supposed to. I don't care if it happened yesterday, last year or 10 years ago. Hold the loose cannons in law enforcement responsible and make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm not holding my breath. So all republicans can still go fvck themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                We often don't discover problems until after the fact. Sometimes long after the fact. I want to see republicans in congress scream from the highest mountaintop this is wrong. In America we protect children. Or at least we're supposed to. I don't care if it happened yesterday, last year or 10 years ago. Hold the loose cannons in law enforcement responsible and make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm not holding my breath. So all republicans can still go fvck themselves.
                                Yeah, except the story clearly points out that the abuse of the 116 children was reported years ago, and in 2014 DHS apparently couldn't figure out what happened, so it's not like it was just discovered now.

There is no shame in admitting that you only read the first two paragraphs of the link before coming on here to rant about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X