Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-19 USA Women's National Teams

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/977407

6 SSM, 4 Selects, 2 Toronto Aeros, 1 of the rest including Harvard.

5 MN, 4 NY, 2 MI, 1 of many other states.

Comment

One man's reaction:

2019 US Women’s World U18 Final Roster Reaction
      https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wom...oster-reaction
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

How does a Canadian that has doubled up two American Aeros on points on the same team not make the Canadian U 18 team when the Americans make the US team? Aeros are middle of the road team this year. Canadian player is #3 in PWHL. The two Americans aren't even in the top 25. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
          How does a Canadian that has doubled up two American Aeros on points on the same team not make the Canadian U 18 team when the Americans make the US team? Aeros are middle of the road team this year. Canadian player is #3 in PWHL. The two Americans aren't even in the top 25. Interesting stuff.
          https://youtu.be/26mYX7mEepk
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Before answering this question, I would need to see the pushup stats.

Comment

Having never seen any of them play I could only guess. Maybe all those points come because the rest of the team is not very good? Maybe they have a weakness. Maybe TC is screwed up, that seems to be a very popular opinion here

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                Shut it down, the thread has been won
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                  Let me check my journal to see if I made a notation in there.

Comment

1-0 win for the USA over Canada in the Rivalry Series today. Knight with the only goal. Rigsby with 33 saves. The refs let them play for the most part which was greatly to the "Canadian Maulers" advantage. The Knight, Brandt and Cameranesi line looked very good together. 2nd game is Thursday.
                    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-12-2019, 10:38 PM. Reason: Hope Megan Bozek doesn't have a black eye or two.
                    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      1-0 win for the USA over Canada in the Rivalry Series today. Knight with the only goal. Rigsby with 33 saves. The refs let them play for the most part which was greatly to the "Canadian Maulers" advantage. The Knight, Brandt and Cameranesi line looked very good together. 2nd game is Thursday.
                      Thanks for the report, bluffrinkrat. Are these games being streamed anywhere?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        I don't know whether or not they're streamed. I watched the game on cable on the NHL channel. The game Thursday is on at 6 PM central time from Toronto on the NHL channel.
                        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-12-2019, 11:02 PM. Reason: The Canadian color person was happy with the no calls.

Comment

Knight capitalized on a fortunate bounce off the body of Hannah Brandt -- effectively a rebound, though the initial shot never made it on goal. Savannah Harmon took that initial shot; both she and Brandt got assists. Right place, right time, with the Canadian goaltender (Maschmeyer) out of position.
                          Last edited by CrazyDave; 02-12-2019, 11:23 PM.
                          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Cameranesi is awesome. She’s an Olympian so I can’t call her underrated, but what a play maker, who seems to be under the radar compared to the rest. Knight and her complement each other so well.

Canada looked way better than they did in the Four Nations Final, although yes the rosters are different. Hope Brittany Howard gets some more time in the next game. Really nice story of her, Savannah Harmon and Haley Scamurra representing their national teams for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Didn't know about it and was told right after the game finished tonight. Was told what bluffrinkrat told you about the NHL channel but just found this...

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...t-tsn-schedule

Comment

In a side note the color person mentioned that the Lams were not in the game and then they showed a photo of Monique and Jocelyne each holding their new baby. Very cute. No mention was made if they will be future boy or girl hockey players. My wife said I should mention this.

Comment

Working...
                                X