Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWHL Announcement Event On Tuesday In Saint Paul

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Not sure where to put this, as it touches several different topics, but it's a good article.

Former Team USA star is face of Rangers’ girls hockey initiative
    https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/former...ey-initiative/
    It's the NY Post, so the best place to out it is the compost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      Ha. Didn’t read the article but how do they call Kessel a FORMER USA star? Goals in both the Olympic and most recent WWC shootout!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        Ha. Didn’t read the article but how do they call Kessel a FORMER USA star? Goals in both the Olympic and most recent WWC shootout!
        A little premature to be sure, but honestly it would not surprise me if she doesn't make the final roster for the next Olympics. Be that as it may, it's good to see she is giving back to the game in the interim.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          A little premature to be sure, but honestly it would not surprise me if she doesn't make the final roster for the next Olympics. Be that as it may, it's good to see she is giving back to the game in the interim.
          Yep, I agree with both statements. Thanks for sharing the article... off to read it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
            The article states that in 2016, Kessel signed a $26,000 contract with the Minnesota Golden Gophers, which if true would be a surprise to her former Gopher teammates, and would also send some fans reaching for the paint thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
              The article states that in 2016, Kessel signed a $26,000 contract with the Minnesota Golden Gophers, which if true would be a surprise to her former Gopher teammates, and would also send some fans reaching for the paint thinner.
              Maybe the statement "the NWHL's Minnesota Golden Gophers" would help with the reaching for the thinner? Probably not...
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

It all makes sense now. That "concussion" was just her way of saying, "Show me the money!"
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Buffalo Beauts will be using Northtown Center at Amherst in Williamsville as their home arena for 2019-20. The arena has an 2,000 person capacity.

Comment

That's where the University of Buffalo club teams play (the main UB Amherst campus is across the street).
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

With the release of the 19-20 schedule, the Riveters reveal their new home rink to be ProSkate Ice Arena in Monmouth Junction, NJ (South Brunswick in Middlesex County). I can't find any info on capacity.

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      The Devils have ended their partnership with the NWHL's Metropolitan Riveters. This comes after the Pegulas severed ties with the Buffalo Beauts. The Riveters will need a third different home rink if there is going to be a 19-20 NWHL season.

This seems like a concerted effort by the NHL to force the league to fold.

Comment

so....it is August 1. after signing 30 girls in June, only 6 have signed in July....a long way to go to fill the rosters. I was hopeful they would pick up some steam in the signings but that didn't happen. Perhaps girls that don't make National Teams will sign afterwards. Right now everyone going to camp will not sign! I know some programs ran free-agent camps recently so maybe some action there.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                          so....it is August 1. after signing 30 girls in June, only 6 have signed in July....a long way to go to fill the rosters. I was hopeful they would pick up some steam in the signings but that didn't happen. Perhaps girls that don't make National Teams will sign afterwards. Right now everyone going to camp will not sign! I know some programs ran free-agent camps recently so maybe some action there.
                          Whitecaps update from the StarTribune - schedule is officially set: https://www.startribune.com/whitecap...-13/513343812/

And footnote: "The Whitecaps re-signed forward Haylea Schmid, who played six games for the team last season, and signed goalie Allie Morse. Schmid played at St. Cloud State and St. Francis High School. Morse played at Providence and Park (Cottage Grove)."

Comment

both whitecaps signings were announced in July and are in my count of 6 total for July.

there have been several announcemnets in last 2 days (1 for whale,1 for beauts and 1 for pride).

count is 39

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                              both whitecaps signings were announced in July and are in my count of 6 total for July.

there have been several announcemnets in last 2 days (1 for whale,1 for beauts and 1 for pride).

count is 39
                              Add one more to the Whitecaps:

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/8...whitecaps.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                They also signed native Minnesotan Audra Richards, who played for the Metropolitan Riveters last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X