Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What The Fark 5: I Can't Believe This Happened!

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    People are doing Bird Box challenges, including driving while blindfolded.
    Please tell me no.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Please tell me no.
      Sadly, yes.
      https://gizmodo.com/the-first-dumb-m...ere-1831680968

Hope that girl enjoys taking the bus from here on out.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Hey, it worked in The Scent of a Woman, what could go wrong?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          People are doing Bird Box challenges, including driving while blindfolded.
          I don't mind people doing the challenge around the house and such, to see what it's like to live like a blind person, but other than that, they are really stupid.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I don't mind people doing the challenge around the house and such, to see what it's like to live like a blind person, but other than that, they are really stupid.
            If we could only have a specific place for them to do it so they would only run into each other I am 100% in favor of this, at high speeds, without brakes, with their entire family in the car.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fear Factor tried it - it's pretty darn hard.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The old "radio station is about to undergo a format change, so they play something weird all weekend to drum up interest" stunt leads people to call the cops.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/2533106002/

Had a radio station in my hometown growing up do the same thing interspersed with movie quotes. Another played nothing but TV themes for an entire week. That was neat.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  The old "radio station is about to undergo a format change, so they play something weird all weekend to drum up interest" stunt leads people to call the cops.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/2533106002/

Had a radio station in my hometown growing up do the same thing interspersed with movie quotes. Another played nothing but TV themes for an entire week. That was neat.
                  *sigh*

Only in Middle 'Murica.

Comment

When the only good radio station in the Twin Cities changed their format about a dozen years ago they played ITEOTW(AWKI) the last 24 hours OB air.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      When the only good radio station in the Twin Cities changed their format about a dozen years ago they played ITEOTW(AWKI) the last 24 hours OB air.
                      Didn't 93X do that too before they became The Edge for while?
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I remember a station playing "A Change Would Do You Good" by Sheryl Crow for an entire weekend.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Didn't 93X do that too before they became The Edge for while?
                          REV105, 93X, and I think one other station did that, too. It's become the cliched "last song" for many a station.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Ugh. Thanks for the gentle reminder of why I pay for satellite radio so I don't have to deal with the shi**y programming of FM radio.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Ugh. Thanks for the gentle reminder of why I pay for satellite radio so I don't have to deal with the shi**y programming of FM radio.
                              About the only station I *really* listen to nowadays is MPR (The Current, 89.3 in the Twin Cities). Good mix of all kinds/eras of music.

Comment

Wow, this wasn’t in Wisconsin.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rt/2564916002/

Comment

Working...
                                X