Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: But the Second Amendment!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’d go with 7-10 at the most for an AR. A sort of inverse proportion to its stopping power. I could be talked into five.
    I think 5 is all you can have in a clip for hunting in Maine, maybe its 3? An AR has more stopping power than Other hunting rifles?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I think 5 is all you can have in a clip for hunting in Maine, maybe its 3? An AR has more stopping power than Other hunting rifles?

It’s five for deer hunting and three for duck.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It certain doesn’t compared to a .30-06. I don’t think I said that an AR has more stopping power compared to anything else.

But there’s an upper limit beyond which it’s just silly to draw distinctions. An AR and .30-06 are both on the same plane when it comes to lethality of a single shot. And you don’t see a lot of people with .30-06 clips that can carry 30 rounds. Why? Because it’s just unnecessarily or it’s regulated. Also, your shoulder might fall off.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It certain doesn’t compared to a .30-06. I don’t think I said that an AR has more stopping power compared to anything else.

But there’s an upper limit beyond which it’s just silly to draw distinctions. An AR and .30-06 are both on the same plane when it comes to lethality of a single shot. And you don’t see a lot of people with .30-06 clips that can carry 30 rounds. Why? Because it’s just unnecessarily or it’s regulated. Also, your shoulder might fall off.
          I dont disagree but what's to stop someone from having 30 rd clip for an .06, or any other rifle

Comment

I don’t know. Maybe nothing. There probably should be laws. That’s kind of the point we’re trying to make.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don’t know. Maybe nothing. There probably should be laws. That’s kind of the point we’re trying to make.
              My point the talk about " assault rifles " is pointless when other rifles are just as lethal. If you are going make laws, make them that work

Comment

I'd rather see laws that target the gun users, not the guns themselves, at least at this point in time. As dx said, idiot gun owners are a problem. So, let's fix that part first.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I'd rather see laws that target the gun users, not the guns themselves, at least at this point in time. As dx said, idiot gun owners are a problem. So, let's fix that part first.
                  If I can only hunt with 3 or 5 rounds, why not limit rifles to 3 or 5 rounds, period

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    If I can only hunt with 3 or 5 rounds, why not limit rifles to 3 or 5 rounds, period

Well, the top speed limit in this country is 75, I think. So why have cars that can do twice that? Yes, it's dck-swinging to brag about, nothing more, but the question remains the same, you know? I'm sure there is technology that can cap a top speed in a car while keeping the rest of performance intact.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, the top speed limit in this country is 75, I think. So why have cars that can do twice that? Yes, it's dck-swinging to brag about, nothing more, but the question remains the same, you know? I'm sure there is technology that can cap a top speed in a car while keeping the rest of performance intact.
                      It's called a governor. Trucks have them. Why not put breathalyzer on all cars also.? We could do that all day long.

Comment

The laws should be about clip and magazine size. More likely to be effective in killing less people and less likely to be unconstitutional.

'Course, those 3% of people that own 50% of the guns in the nation also already have two dozen 30 round clips in their garage, but nothing's perfect.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, the top speed limit in this country is 75, I think.
                          80 in certain rural stretches of the western desert states.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            The laws should be about clip and magazine size. More likely to be effective in killing less people and less likely to be unconstitutional.

'Course, those 3% of people that own 50% of the guns in the nation also already have two dozen 30 round clips in their garage, but nothing's perfect.
                            100% agree. So the guys who need to stroke their guns can still feel all manly. Or something. But with less risk.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              It's called a governor. Trucks have them. Why not put breathalyzer on all cars also.? We could do that all day long.

They do, if you get (x) amount of DUI's.

And going back to stroking guns and clip size, it goes back to the owner. If a responsible owner wants to unload a 15, 20, 30, whatever round clip at a paper target at the range, go for it. Or, if in a rural area (if it's legal) blow up a pumpkin or whatever with that many rounds, fine.

Edit: back to breathalyzers: I wish bars could have them, but the insurance/liability is just too great, which stinks.

Comment

They do, if you get (x) amount of DUI's.

And going back to stroking guns and clip size, it goes back to the owner. If a responsible owner wants to unload a 15, 20, 30, whatever round clip at a paper target at the range, go for it. Or, if in a rural area (if it's legal) blow up a pumpkin or whatever with that many rounds, fine.

Edit: back to breathalyzers: I wish bars could have them, but the insurance/liability is just too great, which stinks.
                                Why should bars have them, it's your responsibility, just like you think about guns.

Comment

Working...
                                X