• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

s'upp y'all

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    But it's a dry heat, right?
    like opening an oven door
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good evening lodge!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          This weekend marks 6 years since i left MN.

Bbdl did not tell me he'd prefer i stayed.
          To be fair, nobody else did either.

6 years already? Time flies!

Mornin' Lodge. Nothing to do today, so headed to South Church (Apple Valley for the locals). Meeting up with a fellow GPLer (he's a HUUUUUUUGE bicth! ).
          I'm feeling twice my age today. Work week was rough. Found a couple new muscles I didn't know I had, let's put it that way.
          They're called groin muscles, Brent.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I received $21.5M from Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd). The total is now $729,494,056.18.
            I received $800K from Douglas Philip. The total is now $730,294,056.18.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Staycation in full swing. Nothing like doing nothing.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              worked out for everyone then!
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Staycation in full swing. Nothing like doing nothing.

worked out for everyone then!
                Raised the IQ of both states.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Mornin’ y’all.

At the lake until Thursday mornin’. Life is good.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I believe we threw a party.

It's been stupid hot here too. Currently at 88 degrees. Odd thing is, while I'm perfectly fine with colder weather, and even prefer it to this crap...I've been moving progressively south since college.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So, I'm kind of a wreck right now. I found out about two weeks ago my cousin (J) was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She lives in Florida where she is a caregiver for her parents (her mom is my dad's sister) along with her brother (C). I wasn't sure about her plans (my aunt talked to my parents, wasn't 100% clear with plans - when everything would happen, etc.). A week ago Sunday, my other cousin (S) posted on Facebook, asking for thoughts and prayers for J as she was having surgery on Monday morning. I sent her a FB message right away - I didn't know it was that soon! I asked her to please keep me posted on everything, she said she would.

Monday morning cousin C posts same thing. He doesn't usually do that, but please keep J in thoughts, etc. I liked it, posted Please keep me posted. He posted later the surgery was difficult, but it was done, she was in a medically induced coma. Wednesday, my parents talked to my aunt, who said the tumor was benign (good!) but there was a lot of bleeding, she's on a respirator, still in ICU (not so good, but not unexpected). Friday I FB messaged cousin S (I'm in contact with her more than with cousin C, plus I figure he's more preoccupied) to ask for an update, we're worried and praying for her, please let me know what's going on. She messages me back she was on her way to the hospital and would message me. Still waiting. Yesterday, I asked my dad more than once to call his sister. He didn't because, well, he just doesn't call without me or my mother pushing him.

This morning while on the T, cousin C posts an update that J still in coma on respirator, thanks to everyone for thoughts and prayers, keep them coming. Thanks to cousin S who has been there to hold J's hand, etc. BUT, he's disappointed in his other cousins, who haven't reached out, J is always the one who calls, and sorry, we'll never bother you again. I almost dropped the phone. I'm 99% positive that was directed at me personally. I started to FB message him, saying I'm assuming that post was directed at me....I just didn't know how to word a response. I literally broke down in tears at the office this morning. I'm worried sick about J. I want to say, I've reached out to cousin S more than once and she has not provided any information. And not for nothing, I don't have his cell phone. My parents have been talking to his mom as well. It's not like we've (or I've) ignored the situation. I called my parents this morning and told my dad to call his sister. He did, called me back. My aunt is a total wreck. I also asked my parents about our other cousin (P), who no one really hears from, but she should know.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I should message him to let him know I have been trying to keep abreast of the situation but I just don't think Facebook is the place to do that and as I don't have his cell, I'm using the people I do know and keep in contact with. All these things are going through my head - has he told cousin S to not respond? When his mom tells him my dad called did he ask her what about [me]? Maybe, maybe not. I know he's going through a lot but I just thought that post was a little out of line. He could've direct messaged me as well.

What do you guys think I should do? And, as I'm sure it goes without saying, please keep her in your thoughts. She could use them.

Comment

If you're going to send a Facebook message, just state that you've been reaching out to your cousin S, and using your parents to contact his parents for updates. You wanted to get ahold of him, but didn't have his contact info other than through FB. Drop anything accusatory out of the message. Don't be defensive, and don't give him too much (any, hopefully) reason to lash out, though he might need to lash out due to all the stress. If he does, try not to take it too personally.

Stressful situations cause people to say and do uncharacteristic things.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If you're going to send a Facebook message, just state that you've been reaching out to your cousin S, and using your parents to contact his parents for updates. You wanted to get ahold of him, but didn't have his contact info other than through FB. Drop anything accusatory out of the message. Don't be defensive, and don't give him too much (any, hopefully) reason to lash out, though he might need to lash out due to all the stress. If he does, try not to take it too personally.

All this.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

All this.
                            As gratifying as it would be to send something that is totally justified in being accusatory, I agree with Brent and Clown. It won't be worth the drama and headache.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              As gratifying as it would be to send something that is totally justified in being accusatory, I agree with Brent and Clown. It won't be worth the drama and headache.
                              You have to treat this stuff like chess. What would happen if you sent something accusatory? Nothing good, and risk REALLY being in the doghouse. Gotta think ahead, and think of all possible outcomes.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You have to treat this stuff like chess. What would happen if you sent something accusatory? Nothing good, and risk REALLY being in the doghouse. Gotta think ahead, and think of all possible outcomes.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X