This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Hey there Lodge. Had a dentist appointment this morning - regular cleaning. Told the hygienist I had a small canker sore back bottom left side. Turns out, not only is there that irritation, I also now need to have some deep scaling done. Greeeeaaat. Also, from time to time, I get what I think are a variation of a canker sore on the roof of my mouth. They usually last 3-5 days and then go away. All the time I go to the dentist I've never had one when I had an appointment so they can see it. I finally had one not the last time I was there but the time before. Hygienist had never seen it before. Um, OK. No biggie. It's something I've dealt with for years. Told her I could feel one this morning that started yesterday. She noticed that too.

Then the dentist comes in for his look see. He notices a second one. Calls in his new dentist partner who is also a pathologist. I had to go into her room. She took pictures and they did a brush biopsy. Excellent. He seems to think it's a virus of some sort. I'm going to think positive about this as I've had these in the past and they just run their course. But still. You hear pathology and biopsy and your mind goes to places....

So I get to work later than expected. I put my lunch in the fridge. Pull out my shoes out of my backpack to change from my sneakers and notice I took two different shoes with me. Big thumbs up on how this day is going. I've been trying to find someone to go out and have a tasty alcoholic beverage after work as I have not been in a while to see hottie bartender. I may wind up going by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I received $10.5M from Mrs. Vivian Douglas. The total is now $504,505,026.39.
      I received $5M from Mr. James David. The total is now $509,505,026.39.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        What is the best computer for using MS Excel 3-4 times per week, and maybe use an internet browser 1 time per week?
        You might look at the newer Surface laptops. They are in $1500 range, but are light, portable, and convert to tablet.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          You might look at the newer Surface laptops. They are in $1500 range, but are light, portable, and convert to tablet.
          That is much more than I want to spend. I'm thinking more in the $300-$400 range. For that price, I'll just keep using my work computer.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ended up going with an Acer Predator. Didn't like how the Alienware felt in person, and the Asus I looked at seemed a little shorter on specs. Loved the look and keyboard feel of the Predator, and got a pretty nice deal.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Did it come with an appearance by Chris Hansen?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Good evening Lodge!

Surprise visit by the plasterer at pre-8AM that lasted all day. No kitchen for 2+ days. And the day improved from there Does every day that starts with a T qualify as Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  What do you think will pop up when he starts it up?
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Bought Mothers Day cards yesterday. Sat down tonight to write out the one for my godmother to mail tomorrow and realized I bought a birthday card. D'oh! On a somewhat separate note, when did cards become so expensive????

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Bought Mothers Day cards yesterday. Sat down tonight to write out the one for my godmother to mail tomorrow and realized I bought a birthday card. D'oh! On a somewhat separate note, when did cards become so expensive????
                      They became expensive a while back. I gave up on cards, frankly. Spend $4 or whatever for something that will be tossed a couple days later? What a racket. I'd rather wish them a happy whatever in person if possible, or a phone call.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        No, but I actually might end up putting stickers on it because I probably don't want to sit around a coffee shop with a laptop with "PREDATOR" in giant block letters on the back of it.
                        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 05-10-2018, 09:56 PM.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          No, but I actually might end up putting stickers on it because I probably don't want to sit around a coffee shop with a laptop with "PREDATOR" in giant block letters on the back of it.
                          Just put pictures of the front grill of a Lexus on it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

****ed up my hand. Puncture wound. Could see fat cells coming out of the hole before it sealed back up.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              You could throw a Nashville sticker on the front.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                ****ed up my hand. Puncture wound. Could see fat cells coming out of the hole before it sealed back up.
                                Ouch. Hope all is well.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X