Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

I bought an hp zbook and it’s phenomenal
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I bought an hp zbook and it’s phenomenal
      What's the cost range on that, and would it be in my wheelhouse for needs? I don't need anything fancy, eff Apple, etc etc. Don't need anything for a while, but never hurts to scout around. I thought HP was basically dead.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Way beyond what the average user needs. I bought it to run business applications and do some light gaming occasionally.

It usually starts around 1,500.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Way beyond what the average user needs. I bought it to run business applications and do some light gaming occasionally.

It usually starts around 1,500.
          Gotcha, thanks! Figured as much, thought I'd ask. Haven't spent more than $800 or so on my last two lappys.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Loved my first Asus, my second (and current one) not so much. First one was a beast, this one is finicky. Went with cheapest model both times. I just need internetting. Don't care about games, and don't care about streaming (anymore; my first one was a streaming beast for a year or two, until I got my PS3).
            Looked at their RoG (Republic of Gamers) series. Not bad at all. Thinking I'll go with the Alienware because it seems better built.

The only real strike against Asus tends to be battery life, but on a gaming laptop that's not a HUGE deal breaker because you're usually going to be plugged in anyway.

I'm looking at low $2K range, heavy streaming, moderate gaming (few things on Steam I've missed out on that I'm ready to grab.)
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Looked at their RoG (Republic of Gamers) series. Not bad at all. Thinking I'll go with the Alienware because it seems better built.

The only real strike against Asus tends to be battery life, but on a gaming laptop that's not a HUGE deal breaker because you're usually going to be plugged in anyway.

I'm looking at low $2K range, heavy streaming, moderate gaming (few things on Steam I've missed out on that I'm ready to grab.)
              My battery life on both have been awesome. Can go 6 hours easy on it, with basic message-boarding, surfing. Streaming I was always plugged in (TV at home, pre-PS3, so why bother with not plugging it in?). Alienware has had a good rep since *I* was in college for gaming and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                My battery life on both have been awesome. Can go 6 hours easy on it, with basic message-boarding, surfing. Streaming I was always plugged in (TV at home, pre-PS3, so why bother with not plugging it in?). Alienware has had a good rep since *I* was in college for gaming and such.
                My Asus had a battery life of about 3 hours if I was lucky. I'm more a desk laptop guy, so not a huge deal breaker (plus as I mentioned if you're running intense stuff you wanna be plugged in anyway.)

Alienware is now owned by Dell. They're not the Holy Grail of gaming rigs like they once were, but are still solid under Dell's ownership. They're built like tanks (the 17 incher I'm looking at weighs just shy of 10 pounds.)
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  My Asus had a battery life of about 3 hours if I was lucky. I'm more a desk laptop guy, so not a huge deal breaker (plus as I mentioned if you're running intense stuff you wanna be plugged in anyway.)

Alienware is now owned by Dell. They're not the Holy Grail of gaming rigs like they once were, but are still solid under Dell's ownership. They're built like tanks (the 17 incher I'm looking at weighs just shy of 10 pounds.)
                  10 lbs? Jesus.

I'll be scouting other brands in the next few years. I mean, this latest computer has been a joke, but only compared to the monsters I had before as far as indestructibility. This is my 3rd since 1994 or so (one desktop, 2 lappys).

Comment

yawn!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

'ewe, there's a small chance I might be floating past Memphis at the end of MiM. Will let you know early next week once I know more.

Comment

s'upp y'all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Morning.

Heading to my annual Durham Bulls game tonight. Free food and some baseball isnt a bad deal. Even if its TB vs BAL minors.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

What is the best computer for using MS Excel 3-4 times per week, and maybe use an internet browser 1 time per week?
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                What is the best computer for using MS Excel 3-4 times per week, and maybe use an internet browser 1 time per week?
                                Find yourself something in the $500-600 range. I have an HP I picked up refurbished for about $450, normally an $800 laptop. It's great with exception to the proprietary software added by HP. FHP's software.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X