This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

God dammit, starting to think I should be more financially responsible than spending $50k on a 700hp+ muscle car.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      God dammit, starting to think I should be more financially responsible than spending $50k on a 700hp+ muscle car.
      Did God tell you to buy it? If so maybe God wants you make an appeal on YouTube or start a GoFundMe page for your dream car?
      God doesn't want you going slow!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Happy Birthday MNS!

Late to the party today. THe painters arrived this AM and the day went crazy from there.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

It's Tuesday, yes? Definitely a Tuesday. A Scarlet Tuesday, at that.

So, drop the car off to get my hitch wiring and that jazz done this am. Leaving the house, my tire pressure monitoring system says my front left is low. Limp to the gas station, fill the tire up, bring it to the dealership. They call me to say it's ready, they did find a nail in it but I guess it couldn't be patched, slow leak, just take it easy and I should be fine.

Things didn't end up fine. Luckily made it to the seadoo dealer to pick up the new toy. But no sooner did I back up to it, get out and hear a hissing. Well, Fml. Tire goes totally flat. Threw the spare on, hitch up to the trailer, got it home without further incident.

Appointment set up tomorrow to throw new rubber all around on the car, it was getting close to that time anyways, maybe another 2-3k miles. Sigh.

Comment

$800/6 months to insure the Hellcat. But the kicker is, insurance on our other 2 cars would go up by about $150 every 6 months, because the insurance company thinks anyone insane enough to buy a Hellcat is probably not driving their regular vehicles like a normal person.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

$800/6 months to insure the Hellcat. But the kicker is, insurance on our other 2 cars would go up by about $150 every 6 months, because the insurance company thinks anyone insane enough to buy a Hellcat is probably not driving their regular vehicles like a normal person.
              JESUS.

As for best man speeches, for one of them, it was basically telling everyone how we met (briefly), then how I met the bride and told the future groom, "Don't screw this up," and finished with, "As a Minnesotan, I can honestly say this wedding is the best thing to ever come out of Wisconsin." Hey, the crowd laughed hysterically. It worked.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

$500 for the year to insure the Seadoo. Could have gone a little cheaper, but I didn't think it was outrageous for very good coverage.

Comment

For reference, it costs me about $960 per YEAR for my insurance on the Camaro.

Hellcat insurance be nuts, yo.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    For reference, it costs me about $960 per YEAR for my insurance on the Camaro.

Hellcat insurance be nuts, yo.
                    We currently pay about 1800 per year for my truck and the wife's car. So, yeah, the Hellcat insurance is a bit expensive. But it should be, the thing is a 700hp monster, that does 200mph, and a quarter mile in like 10 seconds from factory.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We currently pay about 1800 per year for my truck and the wife's car. So, yeah, the Hellcat insurance is a bit expensive. But it should be, the thing is a 700hp monster, that does 200mph, and a quarter mile in like 10 seconds from factory.
                      I understand what the Hellcat is. And man, having one would be friggin' awesome.

Comment

I understand what the Hellcat is. And man, having one would be friggin' awesome.
                        Until the first corner.

Most of my "attainable" dream car choices I can shoot down.

Corvette - I'd be too afraid of driving it on a bad road/over a speed bump and farking it up. Dad's got one and he's petrified to drive it on half the roads around town.
                        Mustang - Never liked them. No real reason why, and I completely agree it's an unfair assessment and they've improved massively. Guess the '90s/early '00s V6 crapboxes tainted my view. Plus DAE Cars and Coffee crowd crashes amirite.
                        Camaro - Actually drove one as a rental, sightlines are just too claustrophobic for me.
                        Hellcat - Just start planning my funeral now.
                        BMW - Nope. German engineering is brilliant and world-class until the moment something breaks. Then it's an expensive hot mess that costs ten times more than it should to fix because reasons. Plus I'd like to not be THAT guy.
                        Audi - See above.
                        Porsche - See above.
                        Golf GTI - See above - I've heard they get spendy to maintain above 60K miles.
                        WRX/Evo - Hard veto. TOO good for me to handle. I don't trust myself with one. I know enough Forza to be dangerous.
                        370Z - Meh. Chunky looking and needs a model refresh badly.
                        Import Skyline - Let's all play "International Logistical, Financial, and Mechanical Nightmare!" I'll start!
                        Any motorcycle - Hard veto. My dad is a former rider and told me I'm the last person he ever wants to see on a bike - it takes a certain kind of person to track EVERYTHING going on around you, and I'm not it.
                        Tesla - Would have to run 240V from the house to charge it, and I'm not...quite...sold on Elon Musk. He did good on the Model S, but his ego is getting the better of him with respect to the problems cropping up on the Model 3.

You could talk me into:

Lotus Elise - Actually has a Toyota engine known for being pretty reliable. Suspect everything else on it would be spendy, though.
                        Honda Civic Type R - Smashing reviews, FWD so I don't do something moronic. But God the design screams boy racer.
                        Kia Stinger GT - My current "gun to your head, buy a $50K sports car right this second" choice. Excellent performance for the money, comes in AWD (or RWD if I'm feeling brave,) enough power/weight to be interesting but not get me killed, solid warranty, well put together, okay interior, a bargain for the price.
                        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 06-05-2018, 11:11 PM.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Ugh. Early morning.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Camaro: agree on the sightlines. Took me QUITE a while to adjust from the Wrangler.
                            Mustang: like you, just not my style. I appreciate that they brought back the "side-vents," that helps, but still, no.
                            Anything German...well, I'm still a sucker for Porsche 911s.
                            Tesla: they're nice, but the uncertainty of the stability of the company worries me.
                            Nissan Z: love the look of them, but haven't researched them.

Oh, added note on the German line: Audi TT's look AWESOME, but........previously mentioned issues.

Comment

Camaro: agree on the sightlines. Took me QUITE a while to adjust from the Wrangler.
                              Mustang: like you, just not my style. I appreciate that they brought back the "side-vents," that helps, but still, no.
                              Anything German...well, I'm still a sucker for Porsche 911s.
                              Tesla: they're nice, but the uncertainty of the stability of the company worries me.
                              Nissan Z: love the look of them, but haven't researched them.

Oh, added note on the German line: Audi TT's look AWESOME, but........previously mentioned issues.
                              A 911 Turbo S would be my weapon of choice at the "fark you money" tier. Probably the supercar best suited for the "real" world.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                                A 911 Turbo S would be my weapon of choice at the "fark you money" tier. Probably the supercar best suited for the "real" world.
                                I think I'd tend to agree, from what little I know. And they are gorgeous cars to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X