• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-19 NMU Hockey Season

This is rather disappointing...

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/02/u...community.html

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Next week’s games at Huntsville Friday pregame 6:27 pm, Saturday 3:57 pm.
      Headed down Friday morning for the series. Daughter is going to do a college visit, and we are going to take in the games. Can't wait. I'd love for her to go the Northern, but no softball at NMU.
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
        Headed down Friday morning for the series. Daughter is going to do a college visit, and we are going to take in the games. Can't wait. I'd love for her to go the Northern, but no softball at NMU.
        I really enjoyed the Huntsville trip a few years ago. Their fans are top class.

Comment

The weather's nice here. Les Stuedeman runs a great program. I love that weekend when hockey and the Charger Chillout overlap.

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          I really enjoyed the Huntsville trip a few years ago. Their fans are top class.
          Thanks for the kind words.

I will unfortunately be out of town this weekend, and so now I've missed two full seasons due to work. Dang.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            The weather's nice here. Les Stuedeman runs a great program. I love that weekend when hockey and the Charger Chillout overlap.

Thanks for the kind words.

I will unfortunately be out of town this weekend, and so now I've missed two full seasons due to work. Dang.

GFM
            What is Charger Chillout?
            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

What is Charger Chillout?
              It's a large softball quasi-tournament (I don't think that everyone plays everyone each season, if that makes sense) that happens here every year. We sometimes get a couple of teams from further north that come down here and get some games in. Some years, it's 40ÂşF and rainy and miserable; this year I think it's supposed to be nicer.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

NMU 2 Alabama-Huntsville 2 (Final OT)

February 8th, 2019

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20190208yeuhhj

Comment

NMU Wildcats Claim 6-3 Victory at UAH

February 9th, 2019

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20190209wusqor

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                    NMU Wildcats Claim 6-3 Victory at UAH

February 9th, 2019

https://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/m...20190209wusqor
                    Just got home from Huntsville. Had a great time, with the exception of Friday's result. We dominated but kept shooting into the chest of their goalie. Saturday it looked to me they were making more of an effort to hit open spots. UAH defense plays well, and all the respect to those guys.
                    Recommend the trip to anybody. Good arena, stayed at the Embassy Suites, which is connected to the arena, which was real nice. Good beer venues and a good showing of Wildcat fans. I would recommend that you not get reserved seats in the lower sections, sight lines are poor, and the general admission seating is wide open with a much better view.
                    They tout they are the hockey capital of the South, and after our game, the Huntsville Havoc played, which was almost sold out. We didn't stay for that as the Hotel has free drinks til 7:30, so we didn't want to miss that.
                    We will certainly go back.
                    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

2018-19 NMU Hockey (15-13-1) Leading Scorers After (29) Games

February 9th, 2019

Jr. D - Philip Beaulieu (5 Goals & 22 assists) = 27 Points
                      Sr. F - Troy Loggins (13 Goals & 12 Assists) = 25 Points
                      Sr. C - Adam Rockwood (5 Goals & 14 Assists) = 19 Points
                      Jr. F - Darien Craighead (8 Goals & 6 Assists) = 14 Points
                      Sr. F - Denver Pierce (8 Goals & 6 Assists) = 14 Points
                      So. C - Joe Nardi (6 Goals & 7 Assists) = 13 Points
                      Fr. F - Griffin Loughran (4 Goals & 7 Assists) = 11 Points
                      Fr. F - Ty Readman (3 Goals & 7 Assists) = 10 Points

Comment

• Originally posted by devildog View Post
                        Just got home from Huntsville. Had a great time, with the exception of Friday's result. We dominated but kept shooting into the chest of their goalie. Saturday it looked to me they were making more of an effort to hit open spots. UAH defense plays well, and all the respect to those guys.
                        Recommend the trip to anybody. Good arena, stayed at the Embassy Suites, which is connected to the arena, which was real nice. Good beer venues and a good showing of Wildcat fans. I would recommend that you not get reserved seats in the lower sections, sight lines are poor, and the general admission seating is wide open with a much better view.
                        They tout they are the hockey capital of the South, and after our game, the Huntsville Havoc played, which was almost sold out. We didn't stay for that as the Hotel has free drinks til 7:30, so we didn't want to miss that.
                        We will certainly go back.
                        There was also a craft beer festival yesterday in Huntsville at one of the exhibit halls attached to the Arena. Good thing it wasn’t a nhight game, haha!
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                          2018-19 NMU Hockey (15-13-1) Leading Scorers After (29) Games

February 9th, 2019

Sr. F - Troy Loggins (13 Goals & 12 Assists) = 25 Points
                          Sr. F - Denver Pierce (8 Goals & 6 Assists) = 14 Points
                          Pierce was incorrectly credited with the empty net goal. It should have been Loggins. When the correction goes through, Loggins will have 14.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

2018-19 NMU Hockey (15-13-1) Leading Scorers After (29) Games - Updated

February 10th, 2019

Sr. F - Troy Loggins (14 Goals & 12 Assists) = 26 Points

Sr. F - Denver Pierce (7 Goals & 6 Assists) = 13 Points

Comment

2018-19 NMU Hockey (15-13-1) Freshmen Scoring Stats After (29) Games

February 10th, 2019

Fr. F Griffin Loughran (4 Goals & 7 Assists = 11 Points)
                              Fr. F Ty Readman (3 Goals & 7 Assists = 10 Points)
                              Fr. F Grant Loven (5 Goals & 2 Assists = 7 Points)
                              Fr. F Jarrett Lee (2 Goals & 2 Assists = 4 Points)
                              Fr. F Garrett Klee (1 Goal & 3 Assists = 4 Points)
                              Fr. F Vincent De May (2 Goals & 1 Assist = 3 Points)
                              Fr. D Matthew Acciaioli (0 Goals & 0 Assists = 0 Points)

Comment

2018-19 NMU Hockey (15-13-1) Penalty Minute Leaders After (29) Games

February 10th, 2019

Fr. F Griffin Loughran - (48 Minutes)
                                Sr. D Connor Frantti - (39 Minutes)
                                Jr. F Luke Voltin - (35 Minutes)
                                Sr. F Troy Loggins - (34 Minutes)
                                Jr. F Darien Craighead - (29 Minutes)
                                So. D Robert Fosdick - (22 Minutes)
                                Jr. D Philip Beaulieu - (20 Minutes)

Comment

Working...
                                X