Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-19 NMU Hockey Season

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    There was also a craft beer festival yesterday in Huntsville at one of the exhibit halls attached to the Arena. Good thing it wasn’t a nhight game, haha!
    Yeah, there were a lot more people at the craft beer festival than at the UAH game. I think there were some drunk folks headed into the Havoc game, though.
    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

NMU Hockey Heads to Bemidji State for WCHA Series

February 14th, 2019

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20190213jtw3a9

Comment

NMU Wildcats hockey team still looking to lock down home ice berth in WCHA playoffs

February 15th, 2019

http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/...80%88playoffs/

Comment

NMU Wildcats Get (2-2) Tie At Bemidji State

February 15th, 2019

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...505924831.html

Comment

NMU Wildcats Fall (3-0) At Bemidji State

February 16th, 2019

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...505952501.html

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
              NMU Wildcats Fall (3-0) At Bemidji State

February 16th, 2019

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...505952501.html
              Been a disappointing your, thus far.
              “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
              – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

Should be a great series with the Lakers and Wildcats. Lots on the line for both teams.

Any word if LSSU and NMU will do the non-conference home and home series next season? I have a hunch that it won't happen.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Should be a great series with the Lakers and Wildcats. Lots on the line for both teams.

Any word if LSSU and NMU will do the non-conference home and home series next season? I have a hunch that it won't happen.
                  I'm pretty sure it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Are they playing 4 WCHA games?
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Are they playing 4 WCHA games?
                      I think only 2 WCHA games next year since it was 4 this year. I think the games are in the Sault next year, since the 2 last year were in Marquette.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                        I think only 2 WCHA games next year since it was 4 this year. I think the games are in the Sault next year, since the 2 last year were in Marquette.
                        If the scheduling pattern holds, NMU wil have 4 vs Fairbanks, Mankato, Tech, Ferris & Huntsville, 2 at LSSU and BG and 2 home vs Anchorage and Bemidji. NMU will also have non-conference series at home vs St Cloud and Michigan State and a road trip to Cornell with the possibility of up to two more non-conference games.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Best guesses for NMU's finish:

gain 11-12 points - 3rd
                          gain 4-10 points - 4th
                          gain 0-3 points - 5th

Scenarios for 5th are more involved, and therefore less likely. This assumes BGSU holds serve and finishes 2nd, if they don't then 2nd comes back into play with 11-12 points gained but that's even less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Best guesses for NMU's finish:

gain 11-12 points - 3rd
                            gain 4-10 points - 4th
                            gain 0-3 points - 5th

Scenarios for 5th are more involved, and therefore less likely. This assumes BGSU holds serve and finishes 2nd, if they don't then 2nd comes back into play with 11-12 points gained but that's even less likely.
                            I don't know. I'v been waiting for this team to step up all year, and they don't seem to be able to do it. Last weekend was big and we flopped. This weekend is even bigger, but it's big for LSSU too. Tolvanen needs to steal a game, as a Hobey Baker candidate, and we have to get the offense going. Heading into weekends like this hoping for a split can easily turn into getting swept, which doesn't make 5th place look so far fetched.
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller

Comment

Strong Second Period Gives NMU 4-2 Victory over LSSU

February 22nd, 2019

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20190222y63v7n

Comment

NMU icers move into 3rd place in WCHA by beating LSSU 4-2

February 22nd, 2019

http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/...ing-a-big-win/

Comment

Working...
                                X