X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: We Could Say a Prayer

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Matthew 7:5
    How does that focus on the negatives in others? It's introspective, we need to examine/judge ourselves first and overcome those sins, and only then can we help others.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      How does that focus on the negatives in others? It's introspective, we need to examine/judge ourselves first and overcome those sins, and only then can we help others.
      It was a comment on 5mn, not an answer to him.

That boy throws a lot of stones from his cut-rate crystal cathedral.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sunday, our lesson was from the Prodigal Son.

And I keep thinking... I found my way back to faith because people listened to my hurt. I found my way back not through bullying and intimidation. I found my way back because people modeled what Jesus' love was. Truth is, when I got so burned out on endurance, that was a sign I gained the world, but lost things that were far more important.

Tonight, and I need to get ready soon, my church will officially bless me as Amber Marie. My chosen family will be there, including the women I call Mom. We're going out for dinner and wine afterward.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

RICO, please.

https://onepeterfive.com/vatican-scandals-follow-money/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Sunday, our lesson was from the Prodigal Son.

And I keep thinking... I found my way back to faith because people listened to my hurt. I found my way back not through bullying and intimidation. I found my way back because people modeled what Jesus' love was. Truth is, when I got so burned out on endurance, that was a sign I gained the world, but lost things that were far more important.

Tonight, and I need to get ready soon, my church will officially bless me as Amber Marie. My chosen family will be there, including the women I call Mom. We're going out for dinner and wine afterward.
            Cool. The investment seems to have paid off quite well.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Cool. The investment seems to have paid off quite well.
              Suggest you further explain your comment...
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

And yes, 5mn, Christians do good. But my advice is to read outside of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (and duck), and realize that everyone's sh-t does indeed stink.

Romans 3:23: "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

Isaiah 64:6: "All of us have become like one who is unclean. All our right and good works are like dirty pieces of cloth. And all of us dry up like a leaf. Our sins take us away like the wind."

Ephesians 2:8-9: "8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast."

1 Corinthians 13:1-7: If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

That's just some of the Bible telling to tone down the bragging. Suggest you read the entire OT and the NT after John.

Or in case the Bible can't explain my point to you... maybe Andre 3000 can explain it better:

"I know you like to think
                Your sh-t don't stink
                But lean a little bit closer
                See the roses really smell like poo poo..."

Comment

Today in F-ckwit News.

“The biggest threat to biblical principles today is the failure to apply a biblical standard of maleness and femaleness,” Huckabee told The Christian Post during a sit-down interview last week in Anaheim, California. “We are creating this illusion that there is no gender, there is no identity, and I'm blaming the Christian Church.”
                  Hello, God?

It's me, Kepler.

You know I don't ask you for much. I certainly don't keep after you with every begging whim and mewling wish like your so-called "fundamental" followers. But if you could see your way clear to recall this f-ckstain to the love of your bosom? Or if you're sick of him too send him down to hell for some eternal torment? Either way's cool with me.

Kthxbai.

Oh, and nice work on Bob Kraft. I see what you did there.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-08-2019, 05:21 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If he existed, I'd want him to take Trump first. Alas, there is no god, and we're stuck with the lousy lot we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      If he existed, I'd want him to take Trump first. Alas, there is no god, and we're stuck with the lousy lot we've got.
                      I have no interest in living in Pencelandia, thanks.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I have no interest in living in Pencelandia, thanks.
                        OK, fair enough.

Little Stevie Miller first?

Comment

Fade, Kep, I know Huckabee is an *******.

But for the moment, let me please take comfort in the fact there are Christians who don't think like him. That I get to go to a house of worship every Sunday where I'm embraced, where the message is "we love our girl and we want what's best for her." Let me celebrate that after my renaming service, I walked out to champagne and cookies.

Comment

And honestly, Kep, you should know...

The best way to silence someone like Huckabee is never put a microphone in his face. Stop reporting every horrible thing that comes out of his mouth. We know he's a bigot coated bigot with bigot filling and bigot sprinkles. Stop giving him a platform.

Comment

And honestly, Kep, you should know...

The best way to silence someone like Huckabee is never put a microphone in his face. Stop reporting every horrible thing that comes out of his mouth. We know he's a bigot coated bigot with bigot filling and bigot sprinkles. Stop giving him a platform.
                              Fair point.
                              Cornell University

Comment

a bigot coated bigot with bigot filling and bigot sprinkles..
                                mookie has never eaten bigot.... is it tasty?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X