X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: We Could Say a Prayer

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    If / when Trump gets another SCOTUS pick, are we on our way to a Christian version of Sharia Law?
    There may be a few apes that try to make the push, but any effort would require changes to the Constitution. Those attempts at Christian Sharia would get struck down like a Jew at Hitlerfest.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      There may be a few apes that try to make the push, but any effort would require changes to the Constitution. Those attempts at Christian Sharia would get struck down like a Jew at Hitlerfest.
      or a heretic at the Inquisition.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Everyone who wasn't asking the questions was a heretic at the Inquisition.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

This is as good as any place to post this. The most charitable. Faith and charity are connected at the hip. But charity has certainly grown beyond faith and all is welcome.

Yes, those who volunteer are those who can afford to give: white and educated. Its also no surprise that women volunteer more than men. Beyond that, Utah volunteers more than other states (Mormonism obviously)...with Minnesota at #2. But Minneapolis volunteers more than any other city.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/19/us/vo...cfc/index.html
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Any excuse to stay indoors and out of the cold is a good excuse.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              This is as good as any place to post this. The most charitable. Faith and charity are connected at the hip. But charity has certainly grown beyond faith and all is welcome.

Yes, those who volunteer are those who can afford to give: white and educated. Its also no surprise that women volunteer more than men. Beyond that, Utah volunteers more than other states (Mormonism obviously)...with Minnesota at #2. But Minneapolis volunteers more than any other city.

There is a lot to pity in Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Apparently humbleness is not one of your virtues. Pride goeth before the fall.

Comment

I didn't say I'm great (I'll leave that for you to find out )

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Apparently humbleness is not one of your virtues. Pride goeth before the fall.
                  Not sure the negativity helps anything. Many are here to learn or give feedback and thereby learn in the process. You are welcome to add to that.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

The Five D's of Dodgeball are...

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The Five D's of Dodgeball are...
                      Dead Deities Don't Dodge Discussions?
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-24-2018, 08:31 PM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I live in Dutch conservative Christian country, and yet, I found at least 10 affirming churches in a 15 mile area, where Leviticus 18:22 isn't "the verse."
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          I live in Dutch conservative Christian country, and yet, I found at least 10 affirming churches in a 15 mile area, where Leviticus 18:22 isn't "the verse."
                          You've been busy. Have to applaud that. I'd love to see everyone invest that much in themselves and community for themselves.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            You've been busy. Have to applaud that. I'd love to see everyone invest that much in themselves and community for themselves.
                            Didn't have to do THAT much work. That many churches showed up at the Holland PRIDE festival. And many Christians have apologized for people like my aunt and my best friend, who seem to think I'm sinning and I need to find THEIR version of God.

It's just amazing what happens when I'm not reduced to who I'm attracted to, the clothes I wear, or horror of horrors, what I might do in my bedroom.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Didn't have to do THAT much work. That many churches showed up at the Holland PRIDE festival. And many Christians have apologized for people like my aunt and my best friend, who seem to think I'm sinning and I need to find THEIR version of God.
                              Is this person really still your "best friend"?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Is this person really still your "best friend"?
                                meant to say EX best friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X