X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: We Could Say a Prayer

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.

I don't really care about your response and have decided to move on. Why? For years, you provided minimal support for Christianity or Jesus for that matter. I've seen you back those who directly compare your God to a terrorist. I've seen you back people consider your faith a fantasy or myth. I've seen you look on as someone calls your faith a death cult. You've watched as blame is placed on Christianity because individuals who have used it as a cover to do evil. To begin with, you've had no disagreement with these transgressions. And when I or anyone else questions this hostility...you have criticized this questioning or more often rushed to support whatever garbage has been dumped on your God. I have no idea whether you are a Christian or not. But you're support for Jesus has been hard to find...and you're defense of hostility towards Him has been unquestionable.
    Forgive us, Supreme Leader 5mn!

/cult

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.

I don't really care about your response and have decided to move on. Why? For years, you provided minimal support for Christianity or Jesus for that matter. I've seen you back those who directly compare your God to a terrorist. I've seen you back people consider your faith a fantasy or myth. I've seen you look on as someone calls your faith a death cult. You've watched as blame is placed on Christianity because individuals who have used it as a cover to do evil. To begin with, you've had no disagreement with these transgressions. And when I or anyone else questions this hostility...you have criticized this questioning or more often rushed to support whatever garbage has been dumped on your God. I have no idea whether you are a Christian or not. But you're support for Jesus has been hard to find...and you're defense of hostility towards Him has been unquestionable.
      les, this where you insert Wayne's World caption - [you're] not worthy, [you] suck!
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          You're way off. He says he doesn't care about anything in the Bible except for the Gospels. But then pretends his version of Christianity is representative of the entire religion, never mind that 99% of Christendom would dispute most of what he says.
          I thought he was the literatalist. Maybe I'm thinking of Timothy.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Correct, Timmy A was the WELS 'thumper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I think so. 5Mn is the one who would argue that Republicans have never increased the size of government because they SAY they stand for small government. No Christian has ever been mean/hypocritical/disingenuous/greedy/racist/bigoted/misogynistic/anti-social/unscrupulous/unethical because they SAY they are not those things.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

At any rate, it seems les (of all people) managed to trigger the poor sap enough for one day.

Comment

Does this all boil down to a No True Scotsman argument?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Definitely.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Correct, Timmy A was the WELS 'thumper.
                      OK, well then.

Never mind.

Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Yep.

Comment

This is, from what I gather, a real DC comic that is starting up soon.

Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Jeebus...
                            You sound like you read the whole thing. I stopped reading when I was a Heretic for for supporting the Heathens (paraphrase). I disagree he only likes the Gospels. He surely has never read Matthew. Or any of the parts where you do not reject others but you sit down with them. I am sure Jesus screwed up sitting with the tax collectors, Samaritans etc. That kind of crap is the exact reason that Christianity gets a bad name.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            les, this where you insert Wayne's World caption - [you're] not worthy, [you] suck!
                            Who knew presenting a logical argument or pointing out illogical arguments could be so triggering. And I guess it really did #6 without trying

Comment

You're such a mean troll, les!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                You're such a mean troll, les!
                                I work at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X