Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 259

Thread: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

  1. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  2. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?
    Yeah, I know Vogler has played some good games in the past, but this year he must have pictures of Borek or something.

    I imagine the thinking is to keep Pantano from taking too much abuse before the conference schedule really picks up? But he most certainly is playing like an ace this year.

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?
    And I thought THAT game was embarrassing. Tonight, give up a goal 13 seconds in and get outshot 15-1 in your own building in the 1st period? Maybe, just maybe they weren't, um, ready to play? Wow. Sure, I understand that the cupboard was left bare, but c'mon.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  4. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Well, the women’s team is doing pretty well

  5. #165
    THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    at least the coach didn't say "I thought we did a lot of good things tonight"
    Today we skate with 'em.

  6. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Chicks dig high scoring games

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    2 Unsportsmanlike penalties (one on the bench) and 2 10 minute misconducts......just the sort of discipline that we're looking for!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,233

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Good luck to your field hockey team as they go after a D2 NE 10 Championship today!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-18-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  9. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Simon Loof departing the program. I thought about leaving Merrimack to pursue a modeling career in Sweden as well but I was really committed to my academics.

  10. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Well at least BC and BU suck too

  11. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?
    Well, I guess we answered THAT question. 5 goals on 12 shots. Frightening. Of course his own defense assisted on some of those (at least the couple that they didn't flat out put in their own net).
    There's so much more I could post, but most of it would be removed by the Moderators.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  12. #172
    THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Well, I guess we answered THAT question. 5 goals on 12 shots. Frightening. Of course his own defense assisted on some of those (at least the couple that they didn't flat out put in their own net).
    There's so much more I could post, but most of it would be removed by the Moderators.
    Still suffering from Dennehy's "recruiting" and will be for a few years. Halladay was supposed to be the next goalie and he sucks. We have no top scorers except maybe Gresock and Kovacevic is the only good defenseman. How many of our guys would be in the lineup for other hockey east teams? last week at the holy cross game someone I sit with asked me that and I think he has a great question. Kovacevic definitely and maybe Gresock and Taverneir? Now I did not go to the game on Friday but 9-1 is a ***** kicking. Petti Babcock Irvine are all players that might play on other teams but they would be 4th line and that is it. Energy players. With us they are top line . It goes back to needing better players so you can say all you want that dennehy is a better coach but he clearly did not recruit well since like 2013. In college sports that means you lose your job.
    Last edited by MCWarrior1011; 12-03-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    Today we skate with 'em.

  13. #173
    THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    One thing I did think of, now that we know halladay sux, who is the goalie next year when Pantano’s gone? Freshman? I wonder if halladay gets cut...................

  14. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    Still suffering from Dennehy's "recruiting" and will be for a few years. Halladay was supposed to be the next goalie and he sucks. We have no top scorers except maybe Gresock and Kovacevic is the only good defenseman. How many of our guys would be in the lineup for other hockey east teams? last week at the holy cross game someone I sit with asked me that and I think he has a great question. Kovacevic definitely and maybe Gresock and Taverneir? Now I did not go to the game on Friday but 9-1 is a ***** kicking. Petti Babcock Irvine are all players that might play on other teams but they would be 4th line and that is it. Energy players. With us they are top line . It goes back to needing better players so you can say all you want that dennehy is a better coach but he clearly did not recruit well since like 2013. In college sports that means you lose your job.
    Agree 100%. For every Seney, there have been 5 guys who couldn't score on a Penalty Shot with no goalie. Will be interesting to see if he can do even half the turnaround that Carvel has done at UMass in a couple of years.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  15. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    One thing I did think of, now that we know halladay sux, who is the goalie next year when Pantano’s gone? Freshman? I wonder if halladay gets cut...................
    1 bad game does not fortell a career. Especially when his first game was against the #2 team in the league (#13 in the nation) - A little bit of a puzzler why he didn't start against a less acclaimed team. We do have another goalie recruit projected to come in next year as well.

    I have really low expectations for this season, 9-1 is a total embarrassment for sure, but I don't think we've reached 2006 levels of deplorable hockey yet. We have to give Borek a few years to bring in a few recruits who hopefully at least have a pulse.

  16. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    This will be an interesting weekend. Does Merrimack fight back or will they fold? Remember, the Hawks were more talented than the Ducks, and the Hawks ran up the score in the 1st meeting, but the Ducks came back to beat them when it mattered!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  17. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,132

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    This will be an interesting weekend. Does Merrimack fight back or will they fold? Remember, the Hawks were more talented than the Ducks, and the Hawks ran up the score in the 1st meeting, but the Ducks came back to beat them when it mattered!
    yeah, but i'd worry about the LA Kings first (ie: Providence Friars).. whom you play first, tonight. All the best
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  18. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Franklin, MA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Watched as much as I could stomach. The disparity in speed and skill was enormous. Another game with a stupid, undisciplined 5 minute major and game misconduct. This is Serino era bad.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

  19. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Watched as much as I could stomach. The disparity in speed and skill was enormous. Another game with a stupid, undisciplined 5 minute major and game misconduct. This is Serino era bad.
    Like a 12-1 loss to Team Iceland!

  20. #180
    THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    259

    Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

    Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Watched as much as I could stomach. The disparity in speed and skill was enormous. Another game with a stupid, undisciplined 5 minute major and game misconduct. This is Serino era bad.
    Players aren't good enough
    Today we skate with 'em.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •