Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Anybody know if there are any closures of restaurants etc in Andover or North Andover due to the gas problem? I know Lawrence is still hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Things really would have to break MC's way to finish out of the cellar this year. We should as always have strong goaltending with 3 starter candidates. [...]
    Sorry, but things will have to break MC's way for them not to be one of the bottom feeders in all of college hockey.

And 3 starter candidates in goal? Really? Where? There is 1 (Pantano).

Look, I realize the cupboard is pretty bare. Dennehy's last couple of recruiting classes were abysmal. You want to start the season off on a good note? Don't start your 4th string goalie in the 1st game!! (yes, I know they only have 3 goalies on the roster). Vogler was 1-7-2 last year, with a less than 88% save percentage, and starts the season? Give up 5 goals on 19 shots? NO chance you can win with that!

#frustratedonegamein
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Offense was non-existent til well into the third period today too. It’s gonna be a long year.

MMQB here but I feel like if I had explicitly stated that I was going to try a few guys in net on opening weekend, I would have started Pantano on opening night. He had a great year last year and deserved a chance to roll with it. Maybe he could have been the difference that got us ONE win this weekend vs zero.
    Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 10-07-2018 at 10:40 PM.

It looks like it might be a long winter in North Andover. It is only two games in, but i didn’t see much of a change in style this weekend. Although they did not win the effort was still there.I told myself that I would be on here more often and that I would not say anything negative about players, so I will say that I like the new home jerseys and am happy that they now beer.

Last weekend I had the privilege of going to two outstanding places. The Bentley Arena is a great rink. Perfect size and the crowd was good. The other great thing was the goaltending in that game. I thought Bentley had the better opportunities but Merrimack was able to capitalize.

Army’s Tate Rink wasn’t as nice, but what a campus. Right along the Hudson the school is a thing of beauty. What wasn’t beautiful was the play for the second half of the first period and the second period. However I did like the play in the third.

Right now the two issues I see are playing a full game and getting the puck out of the zone. The first three to four shifts seem fine, but the team then goes into a lull. Also I can’t count the amount of pucks that are 5 to 10 feet away from the blue line that are not getting out. Do that against Hockey East teams and you are toast.

Well that was a pleasant surprise!

Some interesting comments from older players saying it was the most complete game they’d had in their entire careers. Also talked about how they’d “go to war” for that locker room - Interesting dynamic considering all of the new players and HC.

Homecoming next Saturday, should be a sold out crowd coming into a game with lots of momentum.. should be fun!

Wow, I picked a hell of a game to miss. It sounds like BU is really struggling in general right now, but let's not take anything away from MC. Great win, maybe we wrote the obituary for this squad a little early.

Well THAT was a pleasant surprise. Second goal was outstanding. Beautiful passing and going hard to the net. 2nd shutout for Pantano, and another game giving up one goal. Keep it up.

Recruit Kevin Wall de-commits. He's currently 3rd in the BCHL in scoring.

https://www.themackreport.com/news/wa...rom-merrimack/

Michigan Tech Fan

Hello Warrior Fans,

A few days ago, I picked up a few Merrimack jerseys, including one from the late 1990s early 2000s. It is a bit of a mystery to me as the name is removed. It looks like the photo below but it is a #27 Nike jersey and has the standard Hockey East patch. The other strange part is that it was signed not once, not twice but three times by the same mystery person on the inside of the jersey. Looks like they were practicing to sign something more important. Anyone have a guess who this might be? Anyone know what years this style of Nike jersey was worn? Any help would be appreciated.

Do I have a guess? Well that looks like an R and an F and a T together, so that's a nope.
    (If you watch SNL, you know what I'm talking about...)

Unrelated, I made my first trip to Merrimack last weekend and watched you guys put a whoopin' on BU. Nice work!

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Well that was an unproductive weekend. Smoked at Amherst, then can't close it out in North Andover. Having said that, this is not your father's (or older brother's) UMass. Makar is outstanding, and Leonard was an excellent local get for the Minutmen. I could see them making some noise in Hockey East this year.
    Last edited by RENCEB; 10-29-2018 at 09:29 AM.

THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Well that was an unproductive weekend. Smoked at Amherst, then can't close it out in North Andover. Having said that, this is not your father's (or older brother's) UMass. Makar is outstanding, and Leonard was an excellent local get for the Minutmen. I could see them making some noise in Hockey East this year.
    my expectations are low. Borek was stuck with Dennehy's leftovers so give him 3 years to get some scoring in here.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Pantano with 31 saves, another terrific effort. Too many penalties. Wow, BC is STRUGGLING, 0-5 with only 5 goals in 6 games. Let's hope they don't find their offense until the weekend is over.

Wow, what is going on on Comm Ave?

Michigan Tech Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Hello Warrior Fans,
    A few days ago, I picked up a few Merrimack jerseys, including one from the late 1990s early 2000s. It is a bit of a mystery to me as the name is removed (photos below). The other strange part is that it was signed not once, not twice but three times by the same mystery person on the inside of the jersey. Looks like they were practicing to sign something more important. Anyone have a guess who this might be? Anyone know what years this style of Nike jersey was worn? Any help would be appreciated.

Do I have a guess? Well that looks like an R and an F and a T all together, so that's a nope.
    (If you watch SNL, you know what I'm talking about...)

Unrelated, I made my first trip to Merrimack last weekend and watched you guys put a whoopin' on BU. Nice work!

UPDATED 11/5/18 with photos. Anyone have any guesses?
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-05-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    UPDATED 11/5/18 with photos. Anyone have any guesses?
    I actually thought the first name was Robert? but I can't think of any robert on the team around that time. The last name doesn't line up either.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Anyone subscribed to McMahons VIP podcast? Saw that he may have discussed gym renovations..would love to see what he said if anyone has any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Alumni View Post
    Anyone subscribed to McMahons VIP podcast? Saw that he may have discussed gym renovations..would love to see what he said if anyone has any insight.
    basically he said there are probably going to do it but he believes they are building a fieldhouse first and that the football team needs to move their locker room to the field house. Apparently the football team has locker rooms in the gym, which I think weird but once they move out then they will have the space to renovate the gym
    Today we skate with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    basically he said there are probably going to do it but he believes they are building a fieldhouse first and that the football team needs to move their locker room to the field house. Apparently the football team has locker rooms in the gym, which I think weird but once they move out then they will have the space to renovate the gym
    I completely forgot that football has their locker room in the basketball gym. It actually makes no sense..they literally have to walk across the basketball court in order to get outside to the football field, haha. You’d think that would be the basketball locker room, but those are closer to the hockey rink.. strange design. A field house really is necessary, but the current basketball gym is a bit of an embarrassment for D1 competition in my opinion. Really makes you think how big of an adjustment it will be for the school to move up- so many renovations/building projects to be done.

Side note - the away locker room at Lawler is hilarious. Absolutely no effort at all to give the away team any amenities.. good bit of gamesmanship. Reminds me of how Camden Yards used to have a cobblestone path leading from the bullpen to the field.. home field advantage indeed.

Thread Information