Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Shame to have lost the commitment of Matt Holmes but this other kid Cassetti looks like a very good get: http://www.themackreport.com/news/jo...-to-merrimack/

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Shame to have lost the commitment of Matt Holmes but this other kid Cassetti looks like a very good get: http://www.themackreport.com/news/jo...-to-merrimack/
      Merrimack to Brown seems like a weird move unless the kid is really good at academics. Brown's hockey team has been steaming hot garbage. I wonder if Merrimack cut him? I can't come up with a reason (other than academics) why Brown is better than Merrimack for hockey.
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
        Merrimack to Brown seems like a weird move unless the kid is really good at academics. Brown's hockey team has been steaming hot garbage. I wonder if Merrimack cut him? I can't come up with a reason (other than academics) why Brown is better than Merrimack for hockey.
        Academics is a pretty important piece of the puzzle...
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Academics is a pretty important piece of the puzzle...
          Then why isn't there an Ivy League school winning the national title every year? I get it like I said but isn't it rare to see a kid make it a priority? Especially if he is any good? De-committing from a Hockey East school to go to Brown is weird and no one can convince me otherwise.
          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

I'm not sure why you're surprised a kid leaves a program following a coaching change....but whatever.

Brown may not be lighting the league up , but they are notoriosly hard to play against and they' ve consistently sent plenty to the AHL, NHL, KHL and the E...

To name a few but certainly not all of recent note: Farnham, Lafferty, Hathaway, Lappin, Lorito, McArdle, Robertson, Zolnierczyk, Danis, etc

Oh yeah, and having an Ivy League degree to fall back on when the hockey runs out...well, that doesn't suck.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-22-2018, 08:37 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Let's be honest here. Is Merrimack better than Brown at hockey? Sure. Is it night and day? No. Is there much of a chance of winning anything of note either way? Not really. So with all that and a new coach, might as well go for the Ivy.

Comment

Well Brown has won 25 games...................over the last four years combined

All I am saying is that it's weird to see a kid de-commit to go to Brown no matter where he is coming from.
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Took me a while to find it on twitter but I remembered seeing an exchange Dennehy had with a couple people. When told it should be about the kids in regard to a kid deciding to decommit and go somewhere else where they think is best for them, Dennehy tweeted #DefinitionOfCommitment. So I guess that would mean a kid isn't allowed to change his mind. Seems like a dumb take.

Comment

I can’t ever get angry at a kid choosing to go to an Ivy League school. I could do without the tease but whatever.

Scotty Bo seems to be bringing in some quality recruits regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                      Then why isn't there an Ivy League school winning the national title every year? I get it like I said but isn't it rare to see a kid make it a priority? Especially if he is any good? De-committing from a Hockey East school to go to Brown is weird and no one can convince me otherwise.
                      This is nonsense my friend..

If you go to Brown and light it up on the ice, your talent will still get you into the pros. And if it doesn’t work out, you get a very good degree. (My CEO and most of the C-Suite at my co are Brown alumni)

Not to disparage the quality of a Merrimack degree, since mine has worked out pretty well. But an Ivy League degree simply opens doors that ours don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                        This is nonsense my friend..

If you go to Brown and light it up on the ice, your talent will still get you into the pros. And if it doesn’t work out, you get a very good degree. (My CEO and most of the C-Suite at my co are Brown alumni)

Not to disparage the quality of a Merrimack degree, since mine has worked out pretty well. But an Ivy League degree simply opens doors that ours don’t.
                        Again, I said that the only reason to make this move is academics. I get it.

But it's still a weird move. Kevin Roy left Brown for Northeastern, why? So did Aston Reese. My point is that if every kid thought like this, Brown would be a great team because it would be getting all these players. My only point is that it's rare to see a kid leave a Hockey East team for a ECAC team, especially a bad one like Brown. It's strange to see a kid make academics a priority like that was my only point.
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Roy and Aston-Reese both committed to Jerry Keefe at Brown and followed him to NU. Almost like coaching changes matter to recruits and Merrimack just had one.

Comment

Again, I said that the only reason to make this move is academics. I get it.

But it's still a weird move. Kevin Roy left Brown for Northeastern, why? So did Aston Reese. My point is that if every kid thought like this, Brown would be a great team because it would be getting all these players. My only point is that it's rare to see a kid leave a Hockey East team for a ECAC team, especially a bad one like Brown. It's strange to see a kid make academics a priority like that was my only point.
                            Look up Ed Caron on hockeydb. Wildcats could have used him against the Gophs in the 2003 NC game.

Comment

Hopefully someone lets the student section know that they will have a chance to boo one of our "de-commits" a few times a season: http://www.themackreport.com/news/fo...-northeastern/

Comment

The new jerseys look way better "in person" than in the initial renderings! Love the yellow strings.

https://***********/MerrimackMIH/sta...17828782743556

Comment

Working...
                                X