Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Losing a grad transfer sucks enough as it is, but losing him to BU has to be a special kind of suck.

Comment

Now their top 4 scorers (using that term very loosely) are gone. Top returning scorer next year had a whopping 8 goals this year. '18 Recruits excite anyone? Kesselring is highly regarded, and Holmes might be solid. Anyone know about Gresock? August Von Ungern-Sternberg has a great name if nothing else (love his coaches quote, "...very good forechecking forward and one of our team's top PK players." In other words, he won't score any goals unless they deflect off his skate.
      But hey, at least the men's lacrosse team is crushing it!
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Maybe you guys can use being ultra PC as a recruiting platform https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...joke-professor
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
          Losing a grad transfer sucks enough as it is, but losing him to BU has to be a special kind of suck.
          I’d say it’s an endorsement of Dennehy’s staff’s recruiting and development if one of the top programs in the nation is interested in him at this time.

By all accounts Luddy a great student-athlete as well. I don’t know if he has a 4.0 like his brother - if so, he should have transferred to Harvard.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Maybe you guys can use being ultra PC as a recruiting platform https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...joke-professor
          There was plenty of un-pc stuff happening when I was there, and seems that way still based on Barstool Merrimack
          Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 05-08-2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

McMann posted more details http://www.themackreport.com/news/mo...sson-transfer/

How many teams is he going to talk to? I get a kick out of him wanting to be a top 2 center on a national contender. Kid, you're a good player and would be our top center here, but we ain't a national contender. You ain't got a snowball's chance in hell of being a top 2 center on any of the top teams in the country. Big head much?????

Stuff like this ****es me off. Not to sound like an old man (I'm not BTW) but he wants the easiest road. He wants to just go be a top 2 center on a contender? If I am MC I tell him to go leave. Even if he doesn't decide to transfer, tell him his spot is gone. With a new coach Mack is trying to build something now and we don't need someone like this in the locker room who doesn't want to be here. Grass isn't always greener. If I am Merrimack I force his hand, tell him to make his decision by the end of the week or his spot on our roster is gone to someone else. Plenty of recruits in the pipeline and you could take Larson's scholarship and give it to Borek to go bring in a kid now.
            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Snowflakes!
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Ciocco is officially on staff (changed his twitter bio). Also, know some people in minor hockey who say that there is a chance Dennehy hooks on in the pro ranks. Manchester, Worcester, Providence, a lot of local options for him if he decides to go that route.
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Non-MC folks... earmuffs..

Hockey aside - can we recognize for a second what an amazing weekend it's been for MC athletics? Lax is onto the NCAA final four, Softball is in the NCAA east regional.. baseball is onto the NCAA east regional after winning the conference title. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
                    Non-MC folks... earmuffs..

Hockey aside - can we recognize for a second what an amazing weekend it's been for MC athletics? Lax is onto the NCAA final four, Softball is in the NCAA east regional.. baseball is onto the NCAA east regional after winning the conference title. Amazing.
                    the PJ Brown kid is amazing. Saw he pitched 145 pitches today or something? Bonkers!
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                      the PJ Brown kid is amazing. Saw he pitched 145 pitches today or something? Bonkers!
                      145 pitches today, over 400 pitches total in the past 14 days!!! Absolutely insane! Plus 3 wins over nationally ranked teams - kid is a super hero..hopefully his arm doesn't fall off.
                      Also, the team didn't play a single home game all year! And is 31-19... incredible job by that coaching staff.. amazing story.

Comment

145 pitches today, over 400 pitches total in the past 14 days!!! Absolutely insane! Plus 3 wins over nationally ranked teams - kid is a super hero..hopefully his arm doesn't fall off.
                        Also, the team didn't play a single home game all year! And is 31-19... incredible job by that coaching staff.. amazing story.
                        you don't think they cut baseball do you? I was really nervous about that when I read a story about how they eliminated plans for a park on campus. I think I read someone (Mack Report??? can't remember) that that was not the case, but I am still nervous.
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                          you don't think they cut baseball do you? I was really nervous about that when I read a story about how they eliminated plans for a park on campus. I think I read someone (Mack Report??? can't remember) that that was not the case, but I am still nervous.
                          Apparently Gibson has personally told the players and alumni that the program won't be cut.. but who knows what's going on in Hopeys head.. it seems like he's making the decisions behind the scenes anyway.
                          But it would be a sad sight to see.. the baseball program over the last 5 years or so has been great to follow. What the athletic department did to that program this year is a travesty.. and for the team to accomplish what they have.. good on them.
                          From what I understand the baseball alumni association is pretty strong - backed by some powerful alums.. so I hope they can fight off those rumors. That program is a wonderful representation of the school and is popular around campus..it'd be a huge mistake to cut it.

Comment

Apparently Gibson has personally told the players and alumni that the program won't be cut.. but who knows what's going on in Hopeys head.. it seems like he's making the decisions behind the scenes anyway.
                            But it would be a sad sight to see.. the baseball program over the last 5 years or so has been great to follow. What the athletic department did to that program this year is a travesty.. and for the team to accomplish what they have.. good on them.
                            From what I understand the baseball alumni association is pretty strong - backed by some powerful alums.. so I hope they can fight off those rumors. That program is a wonderful representation of the school and is popular around campus..it'd be a huge mistake to cut it.
                            Bummed they lost today but still alive (double elimination). Glad to hear the same that it is sticking around as a program too.

Does anyone know what the hockey staff looks like? I know that Ciocco was reported but the school never made it official.
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Comment

Any chance Dennehy gets a look at BU? I know he is a BC alum and his win loss record hasn’t been great, but I think there’s a compelling argument for him to take on a larger program.

Big men’s lax game tonight. I’m making some tentative plans to go to Gillette next weekend for the national championship game if they get thru this round.

Comment

Working...
                                X