Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Hey, I do see something positive about this season. I'm positive there are only 3 games left.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    Hey, I do see something positive about this season. I'm positive there are only 3 games left.
    I entered this season with very low expectations, and they met my expectations

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Outstanding guy and good friend. Tremendous loss.

What a trainwreck of a season. 59th out of 60 teams in Team Defense. 55th in offense, 59th on the Power play, 58th on the Penalty kill. Just plain awful. See you next year.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Maybe one of your boosters will talk the AD into getting a new improved coach.... never know!

per Jeff Cox, Borek has started to wield the ax. make room for new scholarships (recruits) in hopes for better times ahead for 'Mack hockey. gotta give him a chance.

Gotta feel bad for some of the kids whose only sin was lack of skill or not fitting into a system, but I applaud the bold action. I don't know who among us in the fanbase wouldn't prefer to watch a radically different team next season.

THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

You are paid (with a scholarship) to perform. If you don't perform you lose that spot. No problem with it at all. I was on an academic scholly (humble brag) and needed to keep a certain GPA. If I did not, it got pulled.

McMahon wrote the names are Logan Coomes - Cole Mcbride - Logan Halladay - Jackson Bales - Lane McKay - Christian Simeone and Chase Olsen
    Today we skate with 'em.

If Heisenberg's site is correct, it's implying there are 16 incoming freshmen for MC.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

According to NEHJ, it's actually 18 incoming.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Seven cuts, six graduating seniors. Looking at Heisenberg's site, 12 players had committed to Dennehy. Six of those players are already going elsewhere. Maybe some of the other six won't make it to Merrimack either. Tough situation but no way around it.

McMahon has a spreadsheet going here too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xF0/edit#gid=0

Roster turnover anyone? The cuts give you an understanding of just how bad Dennehey's (and Curtis Carr's?) recruiting was over the past couple of years. I think Holway (Maine Transfer) will be an outstanding addition, and Joey Cassetti (former BC recruit) will add some size and skill. 3 goalie recruits should make for great competition to see who wins the job. I have to believe that '18-19 was the bottom, and it will only get better from here.

Roster turnover anyone? The cuts give you an understanding of just how bad Dennehey's (and Curtis Carr's?) recruiting was over the past couple of years. I think Holway (Maine Transfer) will be an outstanding addition, and Joey Cassetti (former BC recruit) will add some size and skill. 3 goalie recruits should make for great competition to see who wins the job. I have to believe that '18-19 was the bottom, and it will only get better from here.
    Merrimack is doing now what they should have been doing for the last 5 years. If a recruit doesn't work out and doesn't produce you cut the kid. It at a bunch of other teams but Dennehy was too worried about being all high and mighty and virtue signalling that he did it the right way. He would rather win 10 games and ***** and moan that everyone else cut kids. Even now he can't get over it. His twitter account every now and then I see he will chirp about teams over recruiting or cutting kids or decommits.

Carr had some misses (everyone does they just don't get all virtuous about it they cut the kid when they don't produce or get lazy and dont develop) but he also recruited seney, delia, Kovacevic, Gresock, etc. You have seen recruiting really take off now.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    McMahon has a spreadsheet going here too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xF0/edit#gid=0
    interesting that he has Cassetti ranked as the top recruit for next year. I thought that would be Forsmark where he is scoring the most in the USHL or maybe even the BCHL guys being ranked ahead of him. We will see I guess. Must be somethign with Cassetti if he was originally a BC recruit.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Casetti is the top ranked F going by the NZ rankings on that sheet, 4 Stars. Defenseman Declan Carlile is the top ranked recruit on that list at 4.25 Stars.

University of Maine Class of 2020
    Holway will be a good one. I think the team missed him, especially early in the year. Hes got offensive potential from the back end.

New interview about Devlin O’Brien. New recruit.

https://merrimackwarriorf1.blogspot....-2021.html?m=1

Good twitter follow is macksportsnow. Same guy did this interview

kovecevic signed https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...evic-Signs.php

really glad that we brought in holway beacuse we're gonna need him
    Today we skate with 'em.

How does Pantano have another year to play? Even though he did not play he dressed in his first year right? Weird. Good for him I guess but weird.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Thread Information