Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

thanks for posting,nice thread*******http://gshort.click/isna/11/o.png********

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      I

Oh yeah, and having an Ivy League degree to fall back on when the hockey runs out...well, that doesn't suck.
      not only does it not suck, it's the reason for the jump IMO. Unless he's a hot shot , why wouldn't a kid that got into Brown, NOT go try and get that Ivy degree? They're worth a lot! :-) and play hockey too in the ECAC . Seems like a good decision to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        not only does it not suck, it's the reason for the jump IMO. Unless he's a hot shot , why wouldn't a kid that got into Brown, NOT go try and get that Ivy degree? They're worth a lot! :-) and play hockey too in the ECAC . Seems like a good decision to me.
        Again (for like the 5th time) I am not saying it's a dumb decision, I am just saying we don't see it often so it is an odd move. Merrimack has had the top scholar athlete almost every year in the league. Why didn't those kids all go to Brown? There are plenty of smart kids who go to worse academic schools because it's Hockey East or whatever. I just can't remember the last time we saw a kid de-commit so that he could commit to Brown.
        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Having a top scholar athlete is one thing, but you can't compare the academics of Merrimack to Brown. You cannot compete.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Now Brown can poach from your other sports teams

Official Release:
            https://www.northeastconference.org/...ns_NEC_18.aspx
            Last edited by Middle Street; 09-10-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              Now Brown can poach from your other sports teams

Official Release:
              https://www.northeastconference.org/...ns_NEC_18.aspx
              Wonderful news, should be a lot of fun. Very happy for the kids on the other sports who will get the chance to compete at the highest level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                Wonderful news, should be a lot of fun. Very happy for the kids on the other sports who will get the chance to compete at the highest level.
                Ok, explain how things were better than when the D-III rumors were swirling 10 or so years ago

I’m being honest. My past knowledge, and I know things have changed somewhat, says this is a potentially regretful idea.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Ok, explain how things were better than when the D-III rumors were swirling 10 or so years ago

I’m being honest. My past knowledge, and I know things have changed somewhat, says this is a potentially regretful idea.
                  Completely different administration. Higher enrollment, bigger money coming in from donors/boosters. They just completed a 50 million dollar capital campaign. I don't see why we can't compete against powerhouses like Farleigh Dickenson.
                  Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 09-10-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Somewhat???? Try "entirely". The whole strategy changed and athletics is now a top priority.
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

I wonder what the chances are of a new basketball gym going up? Or would they maybe just do a removable floor in the rink?

Comment

• stay safe everyone in/ around the 'Mack community!
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hockey is upon us! I can't wait. 5 days away from Lake Superior at home

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior51 View Post
                            Hockey is upon us! I can't wait. 5 days away from Lake Superior at home
                            Going to drive up to the game on Sunday to take in Lawler and Lake St. for the first time, how is parking around the arena?
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Going to drive up to the game on Sunday to take in Lawler and Lake St. for the first time, how is parking around the arena?
                              hope i am not wrong with the information, but you can park right outside the rink, or on one of the campus lots adjacent to rink.. short walk to lobby. From my prev experience, always folks present to direct you to the nearby lot/ lots.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                hope i am not wrong with the information, but you can park right outside the rink, or on one of the campus lots adjacent to rink.. short walk to lobby. From my prev experience, always folks present to direct you to the nearby lot/ lots.
                                The lot directly in front of the rink is now VIP parking, and the one across the street is usually reserved for the arts center. But if you are early enough, you can park at the next one down in front of the Sakowitch Center which is a pretty easy walk.

If you are arriving within 15 minutes of puck drop, go in the Elm Street entrance to campus, drive in until the parking starts to look congested and park immediately, then walk across to the rink. You don't want to get stuck at one of the intersectons waiting for the useless Public Safety traffic direction only to have to drive down to the far lots.

I'll be heading down Sunday as well, the afternoon game is nice as we'll be able to check out all the new stuff around campus in the daylight.

Comment

Working...
                                X