Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Maybe one of your boosters will talk the AD into getting a new improved coach.... never know!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• per Jeff Cox, Borek has started to wield the ax. make room for new scholarships (recruits) in hopes for better times ahead for 'Mack hockey. gotta give him a chance.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Gotta feel bad for some of the kids whose only sin was lack of skill or not fitting into a system, but I applaud the bold action. I don't know who among us in the fanbase wouldn't prefer to watch a radically different team next season.

Comment

You are paid (with a scholarship) to perform. If you don't perform you lose that spot. No problem with it at all. I was on an academic scholly (humble brag) and needed to keep a certain GPA. If I did not, it got pulled.

McMahon wrote the names are Logan Coomes - Cole Mcbride - Logan Halladay - Jackson Bales - Lane McKay - Christian Simeone and Chase Olsen
          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

If Heisenberg's site is correct, it's implying there are 16 incoming freshmen for MC.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

According to NEHJ, it's actually 18 incoming.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Seven cuts, six graduating seniors. Looking at Heisenberg's site, 12 players had committed to Dennehy. Six of those players are already going elsewhere. Maybe some of the other six won't make it to Merrimack either. Tough situation but no way around it.

Comment

McMahon has a spreadsheet going here too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xF0/edit#gid=0

Comment

Roster turnover anyone? The cuts give you an understanding of just how bad Dennehey's (and Curtis Carr's?) recruiting was over the past couple of years. I think Holway (Maine Transfer) will be an outstanding addition, and Joey Cassetti (former BC recruit) will add some size and skill. 3 goalie recruits should make for great competition to see who wins the job. I have to believe that '18-19 was the bottom, and it will only get better from here.
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      Roster turnover anyone? The cuts give you an understanding of just how bad Dennehey's (and Curtis Carr's?) recruiting was over the past couple of years. I think Holway (Maine Transfer) will be an outstanding addition, and Joey Cassetti (former BC recruit) will add some size and skill. 3 goalie recruits should make for great competition to see who wins the job. I have to believe that '18-19 was the bottom, and it will only get better from here.
                      Merrimack is doing now what they should have been doing for the last 5 years. If a recruit doesn't work out and doesn't produce you cut the kid. It at a bunch of other teams but Dennehy was too worried about being all high and mighty and virtue signalling that he did it the right way. He would rather win 10 games and ***** and moan that everyone else cut kids. Even now he can't get over it. His twitter account every now and then I see he will chirp about teams over recruiting or cutting kids or decommits.

Carr had some misses (everyone does they just don't get all virtuous about it they cut the kid when they don't produce or get lazy and dont develop) but he also recruited seney, delia, Kovacevic, Gresock, etc. You have seen recruiting really take off now.
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                        McMahon has a spreadsheet going here too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xF0/edit#gid=0
                        interesting that he has Cassetti ranked as the top recruit for next year. I thought that would be Forsmark where he is scoring the most in the USHL or maybe even the BCHL guys being ranked ahead of him. We will see I guess. Must be somethign with Cassetti if he was originally a BC recruit.
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Casetti is the top ranked F going by the NZ rankings on that sheet, 4 Stars. Defenseman Declan Carlile is the top ranked recruit on that list at 4.25 Stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            Holway will be a good one. I think the team missed him, especially early in the year. Hes got offensive potential from the back end.

Comment

New interview about Devlin O’Brien. New recruit.

https://merrimackwarriorf1.blogspot....-2021.html?m=1

Good twitter follow is macksportsnow. Same guy did this interview
                              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

kovecevic signed https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...evic-Signs.php

really glad that we brought in holway beacuse we're gonna need him
                                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X