Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

You and me both - I thought we were going to see one of the all time bad Mack seasons. Now I’m thinking all the guys who no longer wanted to be a part of this team are gone, everyone else is invested and roles are starting to solidify. I’m back on the bandwagon for now.

Comment

Huge game tonight. UNH 1 point up in the standings, but with 2 games in hand, MC can't afford to lose another head-to-head match-up if they're going to sneak into the 7th or 8th slot by the end of the year. Let's hope it isn't Whittemore South.....UNH usually brings a good contingent.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Two rejuvenated teams going at it tonight, should be a good game.

Comment

The Scotty No Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            The Scotty No Show.
            Apt description. That was ugly. What on God's green earth was Kovacevic thinking on the 1st goal? He left the UNH player completely alone and went to the other side of the net where the other MC defenseman AND an MC forward were already fighting for the puck! The second goal looked like a UNH powerplay, and Babcock made a horrible giveaway in his own end on the 4th goal. Vogler was not the answer in net.

Comment

The Scotty No Show.
              Said it once and will say it again, Dennehy's (lack of) recruiting will still haunt this team for another 2 years. All these guys we heard would be good (McMahon pumped their tires) suck. McBride, Bales, Coomes, McKay, Olsen, DeStefani, Loof. Two of those guys are gone. All of them were supposed to score and none of them are but all we heard about was how great they were when they committed. Even Taverneir only has two goals. Other than Gresock the team has no skill and no finish. Also, we are going to rip on Kovacevic? Really you guys? He has been our best player all year. If anything he is trying to do too much because he has to, he knows that there is no one else around him.
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Holy smokes. Watched the game on NESN yesterday. Outclassed in every way against a team that was under .500 until yesterday (yeah yeah they have talent, they still were not winning games). Glad the Mack blew it up last year because we would just be going more down this rabbit hole but jury is out on whether or not they hired the right guy. Hopefully his recruiting prowess pays off. Borek is a known recruiter and I think we need that.
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                  Said it once and will say it again, Dennehy's (lack of) recruiting will still haunt this team for another 2 years. All these guys we heard would be good (McMahon pumped their tires) suck. McBride, Bales, Coomes, McKay, Olsen, DeStefani, Loof. Two of those guys are gone. All of them were supposed to score and none of them are but all we heard about was how great they were when they committed. Even Taverneir only has two goals. Other than Gresock the team has no skill and no finish. Also, we are going to rip on Kovacevic? Really you guys? He has been our best player all year. If anything he is trying to do too much because he has to, he knows that there is no one else around him.
                  I was surprised Borek kept Curtis Carr who was the main recruiter under Dennehy as Dennehy’s associate head coach. Might have been a contract situation so Borek had to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                    I was surprised Borek kept Curtis Carr who was the main recruiter under Dennehy as Dennehy’s associate head coach. Might have been a contract situation so Borek had to keep him.
                    Well, Borek is probably now “main recruiter.” Have heard mostly positives about Carr, and some continuity will probably be helpful, considering his players will be mostly Dennehy guys for the couple few years.

I am enjoying the more offensive minded play I have seen in a few games this year. Now just add talent.

Comment

Well, Borek is probably now “main recruiter.” Have heard mostly positives about Carr, and some continuity will probably be helpful, considering his players will be mostly Dennehy guys for the couple few years.

I am enjoying the more offensive minded play I have seen in a few games this year. Now just add talent.
                      I only hear good things about Carr. He has been able to find some diamonds too with Seney, Delia, Kovacevvic. Assistant coaches take marching orders from their head coaches.
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

2 games at last place UVM this weekend. Given the offensive offensive numbers for each team (UVM 53rd and MC 55th in the country in scoring) it could very well be a 0-0 tie each night. However, Catamounts are very solid defensively (23rd). I'm guessing a couple of low scoring games, and unfortunately, UVM sweeps.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                          I'm guessing a couple of low scoring games, and unfortunately, UVM sweeps.
                          Seriously? Frankly, I'd be very surprised if that were to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            suck vs. suck this weekend.
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                              I only hear good things about Carr. He has been able to find some diamonds too with Seney, Delia, Kovacevvic. Assistant coaches take marching orders from their head coaches.
                              I was curious about how long Borek would have to rely on Dennehy's recruits so I went to the Heisenberg site. Of the 19 players committed to show up next fall, only 5 committed to Dennehy. 3 more of dennehy's commits have already decommitted. I would expect more 'roster mangement'.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                Consider yourself surprised. Swept again by UVM, just like last year. Nice to see Halladay actually have a decent game. Much better than his previous performances.
                                Last edited by RENCEB; 01-26-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X