Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Consider yourself surprised. Swept again by UVM, just like last year. Nice to see Halladay actually have a decent game. Much better than his previous performances.
    Well for some reason it was thought prudent for his first start to be against one of the top teams in the conference if not the nation. Talk about getting thrown in the deep end..

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Well for some reason it was thought prudent for his first start to be against one of the top teams in the conference if not the nation. Talk about getting thrown in the deep end..
      you have to see if he can play, right? Next year if he's the starter is he only going to start against the crap teams?
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
        you have to see if he can play, right? Next year if he's the starter is he only going to start against the crap teams?
        Look, I'm not a hockey coach. I understand icing, and that impresses my wife. But put yourself in Halladay's skates for a minute.

You're a sophomore, you haven't started a game in anger (i'm not counting Hockeytown USA games here) for 2 years. Wouldn't you be more comfortable starting your first game at the D1 level against a crappy team like Lake State, or Holy Cross, even a conference team UNH or UConn and not on the road against the #11 team in Division 1 with one of the best student sections in the league? Just to keep the stakes low and get comfortable with playing at the D1 level which to my understanding is still a significant leap above USHL. I understand wanting to compete, but wanting to get an easy W and prove your place on a roster is a significant motivation too.

Is that so off base? Especially when he clearly did not play to the level of earning the starting job directly out of the gate when it was so clearly up for grabs?

I'll end my rant about a meaningless game that happened months ago now..

Comment

Sorry for your loss Merrimack...

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/arti...ance-brady.php
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Poor Deals got hung out to dry by his D last night. I am told that Jack Edwards made some unflattering comments about our Alma Mater as well

Comment

I am told that Jack Edwards made some unflattering comments about our Alma Mater as well
              Any specifics on that?
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Poor Deals got hung out to dry by his D last night. I am told that Jack Edwards made some unflattering comments about our Alma Mater as well
                Jack Edwards is boob
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Really? 3-1 lead and ends in a tie! Man up would ya

Comment

So long, playoffs..

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                      Look, I'm not a hockey coach. I understand icing, and that impresses my wife. But put yourself in Halladay's skates for a minute.

You're a sophomore, you haven't started a game in anger (i'm not counting Hockeytown USA games here) for 2 years. Wouldn't you be more comfortable starting your first game at the D1 level against a crappy team like Lake State, or Holy Cross, even a conference team UNH or UConn and not on the road against the #11 team in Division 1 with one of the best student sections in the league? Just to keep the stakes low and get comfortable with playing at the D1 level which to my understanding is still a significant leap above USHL. I understand wanting to compete, but wanting to get an easy W and prove your place on a roster is a significant motivation too.

Is that so off base? Especially when he clearly did not play to the level of earning the starting job directly out of the gate when it was so clearly up for grabs?

I'll end my rant about a meaningless game that happened months ago now..
                      Merrimack calling Lake State crappy? Have you even followed college hockey this season? I’ll forgive you though because I’d be depressed as hell having Borek as LSSU’s coach again.

Comment

So long, playoffs..
                        In my best Jim Mora voice - "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?" As I said early on, this would be one of the worst teams in college hockey and that's what they are. No offense, no defense, no powerplay no penalty kill, but hey, they DO rank in the top 10 for most penalty minutes. I hope there's a decent recruiting class because there are less than a handful of current players that should even make the team next year. Even their wins over BC and BU are not that great because those teams are way down this year.
                        Last edited by RENCEB; 02-17-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Hey, I do see something positive about this season. I'm positive there are only 3 games left.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            Hey, I do see something positive about this season. I'm positive there are only 3 games left.
                            I entered this season with very low expectations, and they met my expectations

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Outstanding guy and good friend. Tremendous loss.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

What a trainwreck of a season. 59th out of 60 teams in Team Defense. 55th in offense, 59th on the Power play, 58th on the Penalty kill. Just plain awful. See you next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X