Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Watched as much as I could stomach. The disparity in speed and skill was enormous. Another game with a stupid, undisciplined 5 minute major and game misconduct. This is Serino era bad.
    Players aren't good enough
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

If this were PREMIER LEAGUE Soccer, they'd get relegated to DIII. 2nd worst defensive team in the country, and in the bottom 5 offensively. I firmly believe they will not win another game this year. DU might score a dozen.
      Hard to know if Borek can coach given what he has to work with. Just a really sad situation in North Andover.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The Merrimack thing for them to do would be to now gut out a win at Denver and then lose horribly to CC, but that might be a stretch. They also tend to suck in these New Years tourneys.

Comment

If this were PREMIER LEAGUE Soccer, they'd get relegated to DIII. 2nd worst defensive team in the country, and in the bottom 5 offensively. I firmly believe they will not win another game this year. DU might score a dozen.
          Hard to know if Borek can coach given what he has to work with. Just a really sad situation in North Andover.
          Agree that if you are judging Borek based on this year's team you are an idiot. He has nothing to work with. Dennehy and his lack of recruiting the last 4 years will haunt the program for at least another 3 or 4 years until Borek gets his guys in here and hopefully he does a good enough job to make them competitive again.
          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Nice write up on Seney: https://www.nhl.com/news/rookie-cent...ls/c-302768328

Comment

• Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

I have something positive to say - the quality of production for the tv this year seems much improved over the ASN days.

Comment

When the game went to OT, I said to my friend they'll find a way to "f" this up, and they certainly didn't disappoint. Brutal.

Too bad. They got screwed on UNH's 1st goal. Irvine had a great chance in the last minute, and drills it directly into the "N" in UNH on the goalie's chest.

Vogler played well.
                Last edited by RENCEB; 01-04-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Agree, Vogler deserved a better result. The refs should have blown the whistle earlier on the first UNH goal.

Comment

Okay, props on an excellent defensive weekend. Yuppie Scum, as you said Vogler deserved better on Friday night, and now Pantano with his 4th shutout of the season, tied for second most in the country (pretty amazing to have 4 shutouts, yet a save % below 0.9). Maybe, just maybe they've finally righted the ship defensively?

Comment

Now if they could just find the scoring touch.. can’t count on 3 goals per weekend getting it done.

Comment

Terrific win over Michigan! Is this the same team that was last in the nation in team defense just a week ago? 2 to UNH, shut out NU, and give up 2 to Michigan? Not sure what switch got flipped, but I hope it stays in the "ON" position!

Comment

Must be something in the home cooked meal that the Irvine family provided. Kovacevic back is big too.

Maybe they can roll for a bit during the HEA stretch and find their way into the playoffs.

Comment

Terrific win over Michigan! Is this the same team that was last in the nation in team defense just a week ago? 2 to UNH, shut out NU, and give up 2 to Michigan? Not sure what switch got flipped, but I hope it stays in the "ON" position!
                            good W @ Michigan.. & you guys getting some pretty sound goaltending as well. nice job.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                              Must be something in the home cooked meal that the Irvine family provided. Kovacevic back is big too.

Maybe they can roll for a bit during the HEA stretch and find their way into the playoffs.
                              They still haven't played UConn, Maine and UVM. THOSE are the games they absolutely have to win to have any chance of sneaking into the playoffs.

Comment

So now they're scoring goals? ""Uh oh, Happy learned how to putt"! Seriously, this is SOOOOO far from where they were during the beginning of the year that i have to say "mea culpa". I thought they wouldn't win another game after one of their early season routs, and they've made me eat crow (fried, with a side of sweet potato fries please). Really good win over one of the teams they need to beat to sneak into the playoffs. Some terrific goals. Keep it going!!

Comment

Working...
                                X