Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

How does Pantano have another year to play? Even though he did not play he dressed in his first year right? Weird. Good for him I guess but weird.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Been out of the loop and just noticed we committed another swedish kid? Anyone know anything about him?
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

UMD will visit Merrimack on December 29 & 30.

https://umdbulldogs.com/schedule.asp...&schedule=1182

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          UMD will visit Merrimack on December 29 & 30.

https://umdbulldogs.com/schedule.asp...&schedule=1182

wow.. nice!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Defending champs - good get! I know we played out there 2-3 years ago.

Comment

BG guy here...sorry to troll your thread, but any thoughts on Carr? He wasn't on my radar but the press is very positive on him. I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                BG guy here...sorry to troll your thread, but any thoughts on Carr? He wasn't on my radar but the press is very positive on him. I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
                Looks like his profile is still online: https://merrimackathletics.com/coach...3&path=mhockey

TL;DR: Good recruiter - he brought in some of our stronger players over the past decade including 2-3 who made the NHL. He also ran the PK unit which was generally solid and occasionally brilliant (like, best in the nation for a couple months). We wouldn't have made too big a stink had he gotten the promotion to HC when Dennehey was let go, he was thought highly enough of the admin to remain on as the bridge guy/fallback plan for the new coach last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  Looks like his profile is still online: https://merrimackathletics.com/coach...3&path=mhockey

TL;DR: Good recruiter - he brought in some of our stronger players over the past decade including 2-3 who made the NHL. He also ran the PK unit which was generally solid and occasionally brilliant (like, best in the nation for a couple months). We wouldn't have made too big a stink had he gotten the promotion to HC when Dennehey was let go, he was thought highly enough of the admin to remain on as the bridge guy/fallback plan for the new coach last year.
                  Yuppie, at best I would say inconsistent recruiter (and the PK unit was 58th in the country last year.....ouch). While he had some recruiting hits (Seney, Kovacevic) there were a LOT of misses (7 cuts from the end of the year roster). Certainly wish him well at BG, but I'm also hoping that the current crop is recruits is MUCH stronger than what we've had in recent years (and maybe a couple of the incoming recruits were Carr recruits).
                  Last edited by RENCEB; 06-11-2019, 08:16 AM.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    Yuppie, at best I would say inconsistent recruiter (and the PK unit was 58th in the country last year.....ouch). While he had some recruiting hits (Seney, Kovacevic) there were a LOT of misses (7 cuts from the end of the year roster). Certainly wish him well at BG, but I'm also hoping that the current crop is recruits is MUCH stronger than what we've had in recent years (and maybe a couple of the incoming recruits were Carr recruits).
                    If we want to be a better team we need better recruits. You bring up a good point about all those guys getting cut. Also since Delia left you could say we have not had a goalie. Last two years has been like piecing it all together trying to find someone who worked. Pantano was the best and he was not highly recruited so they missed on two goalies (Vogler and Halladay) and you can't have that. Everyone had high praise for Carr on Twitter (guys like Jeff Cox) and lord knows McMahon pumped his tires at every chance but having a clean slate is not a bad thing.
                    Last edited by MCWarrior1011; 06-14-2019, 09:32 AM.
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

16 incoming recruits plus one grad transfer - yikes!

https://www.themackreport.com/news/b...reshman-class/

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Not to mention Jeszka and Holway transferring in.

Comment

More than half the team is new. Certainly a quick way to "change the culture"

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

3 recruited goalies. Somebody will be disappointed.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Time for a new thread?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                3 recruited goalies. Somebody will be disappointed.
                                Lots of teams carry 3 goalies. Especially if all of them are freshman. Usually, one of them is advised that they are coming in as a 3rd goalie and that they will have to wait for a chance to play themselves into a spot. It is a difficult spot to fill because in order for the goalie to be good enough to be worth bringing into your Div I program, they were almost always a starter in their previous gig. Not many starters want to come in as a third, behind 2 freshman. Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X