Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

at least the coach didn't say "I thought we did a lot of good things tonight"
    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Chicks dig high scoring games

Comment

2 Unsportsmanlike penalties (one on the bench) and 2 10 minute misconducts......just the sort of discipline that we're looking for!
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Good luck to your field hockey team as they go after a D2 NE 10 Championship today!
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-18-2018, 01:47 PM.
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Simon Loof departing the program. I thought about leaving Merrimack to pursue a modeling career in Sweden as well but I was really committed to my academics.

Comment

Well at least BC and BU suck too

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?
                Well, I guess we answered THAT question. 5 goals on 12 shots. Frightening. Of course his own defense assisted on some of those (at least the couple that they didn't flat out put in their own net).
                There's so much more I could post, but most of it would be removed by the Moderators.

Comment

Well, I guess we answered THAT question. 5 goals on 12 shots. Frightening. Of course his own defense assisted on some of those (at least the couple that they didn't flat out put in their own net).
                  There's so much more I could post, but most of it would be removed by the Moderators.
                  Still suffering from Dennehy's "recruiting" and will be for a few years. Halladay was supposed to be the next goalie and he sucks. We have no top scorers except maybe Gresock and Kovacevic is the only good defenseman. How many of our guys would be in the lineup for other hockey east teams? last week at the holy cross game someone I sit with asked me that and I think he has a great question. Kovacevic definitely and maybe Gresock and Taverneir? Now I did not go to the game on Friday but 9-1 is a ***** kicking. Petti Babcock Irvine are all players that might play on other teams but they would be 4th line and that is it. Energy players. With us they are top line . It goes back to needing better players so you can say all you want that dennehy is a better coach but he clearly did not recruit well since like 2013. In college sports that means you lose your job.
                  Last edited by MCWarrior1011; 12-03-2018, 08:33 AM.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

One thing I did think of, now that we know halladay sux, who is the goalie next year when Pantano’s gone? Freshman? I wonder if halladay gets cut...................
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                      Still suffering from Dennehy's "recruiting" and will be for a few years. Halladay was supposed to be the next goalie and he sucks. We have no top scorers except maybe Gresock and Kovacevic is the only good defenseman. How many of our guys would be in the lineup for other hockey east teams? last week at the holy cross game someone I sit with asked me that and I think he has a great question. Kovacevic definitely and maybe Gresock and Taverneir? Now I did not go to the game on Friday but 9-1 is a ***** kicking. Petti Babcock Irvine are all players that might play on other teams but they would be 4th line and that is it. Energy players. With us they are top line . It goes back to needing better players so you can say all you want that dennehy is a better coach but he clearly did not recruit well since like 2013. In college sports that means you lose your job.
                      Agree 100%. For every Seney, there have been 5 guys who couldn't score on a Penalty Shot with no goalie. Will be interesting to see if he can do even half the turnaround that Carvel has done at UMass in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                        One thing I did think of, now that we know halladay sux, who is the goalie next year when Pantano’s gone? Freshman? I wonder if halladay gets cut...................
                        1 bad game does not fortell a career. Especially when his first game was against the #2 team in the league (#13 in the nation) - A little bit of a puzzler why he didn't start against a less acclaimed team. We do have another goalie recruit projected to come in next year as well.

I have really low expectations for this season, 9-1 is a total embarrassment for sure, but I don't think we've reached 2006 levels of deplorable hockey yet. We have to give Borek a few years to bring in a few recruits who hopefully at least have a pulse.

Comment

This will be an interesting weekend. Does Merrimack fight back or will they fold? Remember, the Hawks were more talented than the Ducks, and the Hawks ran up the score in the 1st meeting, but the Ducks came back to beat them when it mattered!

Comment

This will be an interesting weekend. Does Merrimack fight back or will they fold? Remember, the Hawks were more talented than the Ducks, and the Hawks ran up the score in the 1st meeting, but the Ducks came back to beat them when it mattered!
                            yeah, but i'd worry about the LA Kings first (ie: Providence Friars).. whom you play first, tonight. All the best
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Watched as much as I could stomach. The disparity in speed and skill was enormous. Another game with a stupid, undisciplined 5 minute major and game misconduct. This is Serino era bad.

Comment

Watched as much as I could stomach. The disparity in speed and skill was enormous. Another game with a stupid, undisciplined 5 minute major and game misconduct. This is Serino era bad.
                                Like a 12-1 loss to Team Iceland!

Comment

Working...
                                X