Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The National >>>>> B1G

With you...the hatred is rational.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      lol, why would that be? You all underestimated the B1G. I'd say you shouldn't do it from here on out.
      Why would that be? Probably because of the past history of the NCHC's dominance over big10 schools in hockey since realignment. As far as underestimating the big10, talk is big... The whole college hockey world has heard for years that the big10 will dominate hockey. Maybe it's time for you to lower your expectations a bit.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rt7YLh8yciM

???
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          The whole college hockey world has heard for years that the big10 will dominate hockey.
          They did?

Comment

I tweeted this yesterday. For understanding:

TOTAL NCAA TEAMS: 80 (16 x 5 years)
            TOTAL FROZEN FOUR: 20 (4 x 5 years)
            CHAMPS: 5

Parens show number of teams.

In its five years, the NCHC has had 25 percent of NCAA tourney teams (20), 40 percent of Frozen Four teams (8), and 60 percent of national champions (3).

Other conferences:
            AHC - 6.25 percent NCAA teams (5), no Frozen Fours
            B1G: 13.75 percent NCAA teams (11), 20 percent Frozen Fours (4), no titles
            ECAC: 18.75 percent NCAA teams (15), 15 percent Frozen Fours (3), 20 percent titles (1)
            Hockey East: 26.25 percent NCAA teams (21), 25 percent Frozen Fours (5), 20 percent titles (1)
            WCHA: 10 percent NCAA teams (8), no Frozen Fours
            "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Frankly, I still think that anything after percent NCAA teams is almost irrelevant. Everything is a coin flip as we've seen in recent years and was confirmed in the ESPN broadcast. The 1 v 4 matchup is barely an edge for the 1 seed anymore.

It's really hard to draw conclusions beyond that. Maybe use the KRACH after the post-season is completed. I have no idea.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

WCHA: 37 titles and counting... everyone else is a distant second.
                (Sorry quitters, but previously earned credits do not transfer with you to your new conferences...
                Just be glad the NCAA didn't make your team sit out a year before playing in your new conference.
                )

Ryan
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Sorry quitters, but previously earned credits do not transfer with you to your new conferences...
                  But for the schools the "previously earned credits" stay with them as they move to another conference, i.e. Michigan should not "lose" the titles they won when they were in the WCHA and then the CCHA. Likewise, should the ECAC get credit for the titles that BC and BU won prior to 1984, or do they go to Hockey East, or do they just vanish?

Bottom line: Using NCAA Championships as a way to determine conference strength doesn't make much sense - too many moving parts over the years.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    WCHA: 37 titles and counting... everyone else is a distant second.
                    (Sorry quitters, but previously earned credits do not transfer with you to your new conferences...
                    Just be glad the NCAA didn't make your team sit out a year before playing in your new conference.
                    )

Ryan
                    I agree. UND is a 8 time champion,but the NCHC only has 3 championships. The NCHC had 6 teams that played together the year prior.
                    "My greatest achievement."
                    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      But for the schools the "previously earned credits" stay with them as they move to another conference, i.e. Michigan should not "lose" the titles they won when they were in the WCHA and then the CCHA. Likewise, should the ECAC get credit for the titles that BC and BU won prior to 1984, or do they go to Hockey East, or do they just vanish?

Bottom line: Using NCAA Championships as a way to determine conference strength doesn't make much sense - too many moving parts over the years.
                      Using previously earned credits is fine... everyone has an opinion. These big vs NCHC threads are just a fun way to pass time and maybe rile up a few blow-hards. BTW, anybody checked on SpeedKills lately? It does bring up an interesting topic though... comparing the big to the NCHC can be done since they both formed at the same time and were brand new conferences...

Comment

I get a kick out of these my dad can beat up your dad type threads. Round and round they go
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          The schools and old leagues both get credit for the previous titles, just like the schools and current leagues get credit for the titles. However, the ECAC only gets credit for the 3 BU titles in the seventies and the NEIHL gets credit for the BC title from 1949. Which, by the way means that the NEIHL has more titles than the B1G has and the same goes for the Tri-State League with one title. Also the WCHA's claim of 37 titles is false, as the league was formed in 1959-60 and of the first seven titles they claim 6 were won by the MCHL/WIHL and one was won by no league (1959).

So, for the record, here are the number of titles won by each league:
                          WCHA - 30
                          ECAC - 9
                          Hockey East - 9
                          CCHA - 8
                          MCHL/WIHL - 6
                          no league - 4
                          NCHC - 3
                          Tri-State - 1
                          NEIHL -1
                          Ivy - 0
                          AHA - 0
                          MAAC - 0
                          CHA - 0
                          B1G - 0

Sean
                          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-10-2018, 04:32 PM. Reason: Added Ivy League
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            The schools and old leagues both get credit for the previous titles, just like the schools and current leagues get credit for the titles. However, the ECAC only gets credit for the 3 BU titles in the seventies and the NEIHL gets credit for the BC title from 1949. Which, by the way means that the NEIHL has more titles than the B1G has and the same goes for the Tri-State League with one title. Also the WCHA's claim of 37 titles is a false, as the league was formed in 1959-60 and of the first seven titles they claim 6 were won by the MCHL/WIHL and one was won by no league (1959).

So, for the record, here are the number of titles won by each league:
                            WCHA - 30
                            ECAC - 9
                            Hockey East - 9
                            CCHA - 8
                            MCHL/WIHL - 6
                            no league - 4
                            NCHC - 3
                            Tri-State - 1
                            NEIHL -1
                            AHA - 0
                            MAAC - 0
                            CHA - 0
                            B1G - 0

Sean
                            Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              They did?
                              2.5 of the 4 Frozen Four teams this year....
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                Tri-State - 1
                                NEIHL -1
                                AHA - 0
                                MAAC - 0
                                CHA - 0
                                B1G - 0

Sean is the best!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X