• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    made the link link
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Josh Hader.....

That was sick.

Edit to add: Josh Hader recorded 54 outs in April. He struck out 39 batters. That’s insane.
      Last edited by The Rube; 04-30-2018, 10:47 PM.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Josh Hader.....

That was sick.

Edit to add: Josh Hader recorded 54 outs in April. He struck out 39 batters. That’s insane.
        He's been doing that all year, but last night was... wow.

Comment

Corey Seager out for the year with TJ surgery. HUGE blow to the Dodgers. How the hell does a shortstop need TJ surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            Corey Seager out for the year with TJ surgery. HUGE blow to the Dodgers. How the hell does a shortstop need TJ surgery?
            I'd go with bad throwing motion or bad luck in the genetics lottery.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

deGrom hyperextended elbow.

The Mets and my fantasy team say "either the wallpaper goes or I do."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trout broke statcast with a projected 524 foot BOMB

https://***********/Cut4/status/991867496050364416
                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  deGrom hyperextended elbow.

The Mets and my fantasy team say "either the wallpaper goes or I do."
                  Which he got by swinging a bat. If he played for the team on the Lexington Ave line as opposed to the Flushing line, this never would have happened.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You shut your wh**e mouth with that language. The DH sucks, long live pitchers raking!
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Paxton strikes out 16 A's...and winds up with a no-decision in a 3-2 Oakland victory as Nicasio gives up a game-tying two run bomb to Lowrie and Diaz gives up a ninth inning go-ahead solo shot to Canha.

That might be peak Mariners.

Also, none of the A's got the Golden Sombrero...but Nelson Cruz did
                      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                        Paxton strikes out 16 A's...and winds up with a no-decision in a 3-2 Oakland victory as Nicasio gives up a game-tying two run bomb to Lowrie and Diaz gives up a ninth inning go-ahead solo shot to Canha.
                        Look at Verlander the other day. 14 Ks and ZERO walks (I believe only the fifth pitcher ever to do that), zero runs in eight innings, and Houston still loses. Thanks to the dumb*ss decision to pitch to Sanchez with first base open. But I'm happy about that outcome...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          You shut your wh**e mouth with that language. The DH sucks, long live pitchers raking!
                          Then enjoy deGrom on the DL...
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Look at Verlander the other day. 14 Ks and ZERO walks (I believe only the fifth pitcher ever to do that), zero runs in eight innings, and Houston still loses. Thanks to the dumb*ss decision to pitch to Sanchez with first base open. But I'm happy about that outcome...
                            Randy Johnson has no sympathy for Verlander. That was pretty much Big Unit's entire career.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Then enjoy deGrom on the DL...
                              The Braves fan inside of me is.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                The Braves fan inside of me is.
                                Cue Philly Fan's version of the chop.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X