Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I give this a 9.5/10.... That is probably the most creative way I've seen an umpire ridiculed. As a fellow ump, I just have to tip my cap and give credit when it's due. I really wish I could see a camera on the Field Umpire to see his reaction.

Also, last night saw the Dogs' coach handing 3rd base off to a kid in the stands after he gets tossed. The kid and his friends' reaction is classic . Independent baseball at it's finest!
    And to be honest, it didn't look like THAT bad of a pitch. Maybe a bit outside, but 1) you've got 2 strikes already and you've also got a piece of wood in your hand, use it, and 2) that call certainly wasn't an Angel Hernandez special.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Small sample size, but Vlad is back from injury and now in AAA Buffalo, and through nine games is keeping his trend of hitting better as he moves up.

Rookie ball - 273, 65 games
      Lansing A - 316, 71
      Dunedin High A - 337, 49
      New Hampshire AA - 402, 61
      Buffalo AAA - 462, 9
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Orioles eliminated from winning the AL East last night. In fact, they need to win all of their remaining games to finish .500.

Fittingly, it was a game they led 8 -3 and lost 19 -12.

I'm no fan of Buck Showalter, but I almost feel sad for the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
          Orioles eliminated from winning the AL East last night. In fact, they need to win all of their remaining games to finish .500.

Fittingly, it was a game they led 8 -3 and lost 19 -12.

I'm no fan of Buck Showalter, but I almost feel sad for the guy.
          Are you saying there's still a chance for the wild card??
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And....Implications of the MiLB extra inning rule

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...162414074.html
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That play by Ramon Laureano. Holy ****
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

A's beat the Mariners tonight and are now just one back of the Astros. Going for the sweep of the M's in a HUGE series tomorrow, and then we have the Astros this weekend.
                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Puig is a little *****.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Marlins drill Acuna Jr. of the Braves on the 1st pitch.
                    He had hit leadoff homers in both games of yesterday's Doubleheader.
                    Pitcher was tossed. Saw a stat saying it was the fastest pitxh he'd ever thrown to start a game.
                    Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 08-15-2018, 07:19 PM.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Pretty clearly a pitch that just got away. They were setting up inside but it just didn’t break.

You don’t throw a breaking ball like that if you’re going to bean someone.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Pretty clearly a pitch that just got away. They were setting up inside but it just didn’t break.

You don’t throw a breaking ball like that if you’re going to bean someone.
                        It was not a breaking ball. Pitch hit him at 97MPH.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          It was not a breaking ball. Pitch hit him at 97MPH.
                          Not to mention he stared Acuña down and then dropped his glove and beckoned the Braves towards him.

He's just lucky he was ejected there and didn't have to bat.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Puig is a little *****.
                            Yeah he is.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Re: Acuña:

Rule 9.23(b)

A consecutive-game hitting streak shall not be terminated if all of a batter’s plate appearances (one or more) in a game result in a base on balls, hit batsman, defensive interference or obstruction or a sacrifice bunt. The streak shall terminate if the player has a sacrifice fly and no hit. A player’s individual consecutive-game hitting streak shall be determined by the consecutive games in which such player appears and is not determined by his club’s games.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Not to mention he stared Acuña down and then dropped his glove and beckoned the Braves towards him.

He's just lucky he was ejected there and didn't have to bat.
                                He will eventually.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X