Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Note on Cano: it isn't for a proper PED, but for what they term a masking agent, which is treated the same. The Independent analyst determined it was used to cheat the system (intent), though Cano states it was given to him by a licensed doctor in the Dominican Republic this past winter to treat a medical ailment.

Comment

Maybe players should stop seeing Dominican doctors. Its a very common refrain from players being banned.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Like I said on another board. I don’t care who prescribed it. If I’m in his shoes, I’m checking with the MLBPA before I take a swig of Robitussin, let alone a prescription.

EDIT: This drug policy isn’t exactly new. The players know that they have the resources to check this stuff out. And if they don’t, it’s their own **** fault.
        Last edited by Hammer; 05-15-2018, 02:25 PM.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Like I said on another board. I don’t care who prescribed it. If I’m in his shoes, I’m checking with the MLBPA before I take a swig of Robitussin, let alone a prescription.

EDIT: This drug policy isn’t exactly new. The players know that they have the resources to check this stuff out. And if they don’t, it’s their own **** fault.
          Yep. Olympians cry the same song, and they've been at it a lot longer with way more resources to make sure they get it right.

In Cano's case, I found it very interesting when I read that MLB was holding off on the penalty (they alerted Cano of the failed test at the beginning of the season), until they discovered intent. I don't know how they do that, but the fact they investigate it and are able to determine intent (assuming the investigation is all above board) is very telling (and ****ing) against the player.

And, the fact that Cano is not going to appeal it at all (and fully admits to it while still claiming some innocence) tells me they showed him the evidence, and he knows he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hades.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

IMO...the suspension shouldn't start until he is healthy.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              And, the fact that Cano is not going to appeal it at all (and fully admits to it while still claiming some innocence) tells me they showed him the evidence, and he knows he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hades.
              I'm sure that the way Ryan Braun mishandled his public denial set a (very low) bar for players to just own up to their "mistake."
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                IMO...the suspension shouldn't start until he is healthy.
                And how do you define "healthy enough to play?" It’s a mess MLB doesn’t need to complicate.

Besides they don’t get paid during the suspension, so it doesn’t really matter when it starts.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  And how do you define "healthy enough to play?"
                  Simple. On the active roster.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A's and Red Sox finally underway after nearly 2 hours of rain delay
                    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      And how do you define "healthy enough to play?" It’s a mess MLB doesn’t need to complicate.

Besides they don’t get paid during the suspension, so it doesn’t really matter when it starts.
                      It matters that he accepted with a broken hand and would have been out for several months. Hes basically getting a 40 game suspension instead of 80.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Simple. On the active roster.
                        That works for me
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

First at-bat after returning from bereavement leave for his mother's funeral...Stephen Piscotty crushes a home run over the Monster.

That's storybook stuff.
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            It matters that he accepted with a broken hand and would have been out for several months. Hes basically getting a 40 game suspension instead of 80.
                            Exactly. So i would say when he is cleared by a doctor/team to resume playing...then start the suspension.
                            Seems easy.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Exactly. So i would say when he is cleared by a doctor/team to resume playing...then start the suspension.
                              Seems easy.
                              Well, the issue I see is this: what's to stop a team from clearing him to play after his initial stint on the 10-day DL?
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Well, the issue I see is this: what's to stop a team from clearing him to play after his initial stint on the 10-day DL?
                                And the union would have a sh*fit.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X