Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Even during that WCG, to be honest. Even though we struggled to hit him, dude utterly lost his command and wound up walking a bunch of guys. If we didn't whiff with the bases loaded we may be talking about a totally different game.
    I forgot about all those walks. I just remember the Ks. So yeah, put him down as early heir to the David Price throne...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      I think it's still quite early to make a call on that, no? Only his second postseason.
      I said "becoming." There's still time to go either way.
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        ...Watching them fail to score without hitting a home run (which is the norm for plenty of other teams too) has become predictable. ....
        Weird thing last night was that, prior to the Holt cycle-completing home run with the backup catcher on the mound, the Red Sox had scored 14 runs without a single dinger.

Comment

I'm dying here
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I'm dying here
            The only thing that saved Kimbrel was that Stanton was worse than Kimbrel...
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Having done a good job babying his pitching staff up to now I hope Cora lets his starters go deeper into the game because there's nobody in the Sox bullpen that I trust, including Kimbrel. Obviously you're stuck with him as closer but for the rest of them its a crap shoot whenever they enter the game. I'd rather have Sale pitching the 6th and 7th inning than Kelly or Hembree to name a few.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Having done a good job babying his pitching staff up to now I hope Cora lets his starters go deeper into the game because there's nobody in the Sox bullpen that I trust, including Kimbrel. Obviously you're stuck with him as closer but for the rest of them its a crap shoot whenever they enter the game. I'd rather have Sale pitching the 6th and 7th inning than Kelly or Hembree to name a few.
                I'm going to trust Cora on this one. Up to this point, all his intuitions have been good. Last night, I was very uncomfortable when he brought in Barnes, but I had to admit that the Yankees were starting to get to Porcello, who's prone to gopher balls against a gopher ball hitting team, and the top of the order was coming up for the dreaded third time through the order. The previous night, he left Eovaldi in, but the Yankees showed no signs of getting to him. He also pulled Price early, the bullpen did a good job (contrary to the disaster in game 1), and the game was within reach until the Sanchez moon shot.

Aaron Boone is getting reamed in the New York papers for leaving in Severino and Sabbathia for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I read this as if you were implying 2 wins for each game played vs the Orioles.
                  You should only get 0.5 win for beating the Orioles.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    I'm going to trust Cora on this one. Up to this point, all his intuitions have been good. Last night, I was very uncomfortable when he brought in Barnes, but I had to admit that the Yankees were starting to get to Porcello, who's prone to gopher balls against a gopher ball hitting team, and the top of the order was coming up for the dreaded third time through the order. The previous night, he left Eovaldi in, but the Yankees showed no signs of getting to him. He also pulled Price early, the bullpen did a good job (contrary to the disaster in game 1), and the game was within reach until the Sanchez moon shot.

Aaron Boone is getting reamed in the New York papers for leaving in Severino and Sabbathia for too long.
                    I trust him too, but I'm worried about the Astros seeing Barnes, Kelly, etc 4 times in a series. If they do I think they're going to tee off on them.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Didi Gregorious will undergo TJS, hopes to be back sometime next season.

Manny Machado, line 1. Manny Machado, line 1 please.

Comment

I barely watch MLB anymore, confining 95% of my viewership to the post season the last few years when the Dodgers have been in. Is it just LA that sucks so much at situational, fundamental hitting, or is this the way the game is played by every team. There was a time when 99% of major league hitters would have driven in the runner from third that Grandel left stranded last night in the second inning. The Brewers were GIVING the Dodgers the run. All he needed to do was make contact and pull the ball to the right side of the infield. And then when Grandel hit the double to lead off the 5th inning, there was no attempt by either Hernandez or Bueller to move him to third. None. In what world do teams expect to score runs playing this kind of ball? LA lost two games in the Series last year because they could not score a runner from 3rd with fewer than two outs, something that used to be so common it became one of those baseball "truisms." I guess they did not learn than fundamentals sometimes score as many runs as homers. And fundamentals USED to be something that almost any hitter could accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                        X