Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Would definitely mean a redshirt for Beydoun
    That's a good point that I did not think of.

I'm still don't like the idea of Packy in the room, even if he is #3 and never gets game time,

If he had as bad an attitude that's been rumoured, I think it's a tough situation for everyone involved. Especially after leaving the team last spring.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Was it ever confirmed that he actually left? Or was he just shopping around for a pro deal? Honestly, I can't even remember the facts now.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Would definitely mean a redshirt for Beydoun
        I figured that one of them would be transferring out at Christmas. But this makes better sense.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Was it ever confirmed that he actually left? Or was he just shopping around for a pro deal? Honestly, I can't even remember the facts now.
        Well if I remember right it was a JSH back in May or June that Coach laid out what was going on with the goalies. Devin was initially not coming back. Packy wasn't coming back. Went out and got Jurusik, and then Devin decided to come back. Then Packy wanted to, but to late, so he wouldn't be back. It was also that show that Joe went into how he and Packy had a great conversation that got other people involved as well. One that Joe said he wished had happened much earlier.. So that all sounds like he was gone.

I thought it was interesting that on todays JSH Joe talked about the forwards. And he talked about the D. But no mention of the goalies or Packy back on the roster...

I guess it is what it is. Only time will tell how this all plays out. Fingers crossed that there isn't a replay of last year.

Comment

I'm more concerned that it sounds like Ford is not fully ready to go, 9 months later. He's practicing, but in a no-contact jersey. That tells me it was ACL, MCL, or concussion. Joe mentioned he had to have surgery. That's more experience at defense lost to start the year.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-17-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Well, bowl me over with a feather. I guess Packy let the door hit em on the arse on the way out.

I really enjoyed Joe's talk about the process, getting better everyday, and attitude today on the Dirkside. If what you guys are saying is true, it hardly squares with Packy coming back into the room.
            Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 09-18-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I'm more concerned that it sounds like Ford is not fully ready to go, 9 months later. He's practicing, but in a no-contact jersey. That tells me it was ACL, MCL, or concussion. Joe mentioned he had to have surgery. That's more experience at defense lost to start the year.

I thought that back when it happened it was mentioned somewhere that it was a knee injury. I know he had surgery. And I agree it has to be a little concerning that he hasn't been cleared to play. Leaves the D a bit on the inexperienced side.

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
              Well, bowl me over with a feather. I guess Packy let the door hit em on the arse on the way out..
              Yes, but obviously someone opened the door and let him back in..

Comment

A brief pause from the four goalie discussion for number two-four, Jim Storm. The sky appeared to be the limit for Storm, who put up 58 and 54 pts in his So & Jr seasons before jumping straight to the NHL. Jim played in 68 games with the Hartford Whalers his first year as a pro posting 16 points. However his potential at the pro level never seemed to reach expectations as he would only play three more years of professional hockey with just 16 of those games at the NHL level. However anyone who was lucky enough to watch him wear the Huskies colors, was treated to stunning play making and goal scoring abilities.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I think that I'll be over that game in another six years.
                  Maybe.
                  GFM
                  I thought about dedicating that post you, but I'm not that cruel.
                  Ryan

Comment

I thought it was an ACL, but I don't remember where I heard that. In that case, 9 months is still a pretty quick recovery, I wouldn't expect him back much sooner than that.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Today's threads are that of Tech's current strength and conditioning coach, Tyler Shelast, from the 2007-08 season. Borrowing from the Tech Hockey website: "Shelast had a four-year career at Michigan Tech where he scored 51 career goals with 36 assists for 87 points in 151 career games... The former Huskies forward played five years of professional hockey most notably signing a two-year contract with the NHL’s Dallas Stars."

Comment

Any guesses on who's replacing Brewster? Joe's show made it sound like someone is pretty much in place.

Enjoyed the article on Gotz. Interesting to see him going for Engineering and be told by on by Mel but ultimately end up at Tech. Good to see the DMG coverage with last year's beat writer having left in the off season.
                        Attitude is everything: Gotz brings right mindset to rink each day is ready to help Huskies
                        http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/...-help-huskies/

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          Any guesses on who's replacing Brewster? Joe's show made it sound like someone is pretty much in place.

Enjoyed the article on Gotz. Interesting to see him going for Engineering and be told by on by Mel but ultimately end up at Tech. Good to see the DMG coverage with last year's beat writer having left in the off season.
                          Attitude is everything: Gotz brings right mindset to rink each day is ready to help Huskies
                          http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/...-help-huskies/
                          Nice coverage by the Gazette this year on the Huskies. What the new player want to bring to this year's team.
                          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Not a lot of info on today's jersey as honestly I'm not 100% sure of when it was even worn. My best guess is early 1980s due to the mutli-color neck. I'm not sure if that nameplate should be on the jersey either. Hard to find good photos from this era. Regardless, the count down rolls on...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Not a lot of info on today's jersey as honestly I'm not 100% sure of when it was even worn. My best guess is early 1980s due to the mutli-color neck. I'm not sure if that nameplate should be on the jersey either. Hard to find good photos from this era. Regardless, the count down rolls on...

Mike Lauen did wear #22 and is still in the top 30 in all-time scoring at MTU with 73-73=146. He was part of the "Freshman Line" in 1979-80 with Brent DeNat and Todd Scott, scoring 24 goals that season to lead Tech in that category. He also scored 24 to pace the way in 1980-81 as a sophomore. An injury in his junior season slowed him for his final two years, but he did manage to earn an AHL deal with the Sherbrooke Jets - and played 3 games in the NHL in 1983-84 with the parent club in Winnipeg.

So not an insignificant player. And you'd have to date this in his junior or senior seasons, because the nameplates were under the numbers in his freshman and sophomore years.
                              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 09-20-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                you'd have to date this in his junior or senior seasons, because the nameplates were under the numbers in his freshman and sophomore years.
                                Thanks for the assist on yesterday's posting. I'll add that to my notes.

THREE WEEKS FROM MICHIGAN TECH HOCKEY!

I only have a few #21 Huskies jerseys in the collection and honestly, I've already shared those styles previously in the count down. So let's change it up on a Friday. No bio or intro needed for this one. If you don't know Randy, you don't know Tech Hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X