• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    That's a lot of whatta coulda shoulda.
    woulda, not whatta.

Comment

Re: Tier 1 U19 Nationals Who will win.

Mission has be at Shattuck 4 Times. That is the elephant in the room.
      lol
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Shattuck with the 5-1 win including an empty-netter.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          lol
          So much for the elephant in the room...
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

That's a lot of whatta coulda shoulda. Ten losses is far from dominant.
            Well they looked pretty darn dominant when it counted!!
            Congrats on the 3-Peat Shattuck!!

Comment

Shattuck looked really, really good. I am NOT a Shattuck parent but have to say they looked unbeatable. Belle Tire is a very good team and SSM took them down in dominate fashion in the finals. I did take a peek at their roster and I'm not surprised they are as good as they are, they are an absolute all-star team. They roster girls from 11 different states and a couple of Canadian girls. None of the other participants are allowed that on their rosters. That doesn't really seem fair. I've watched numerous D1 college games over the past few years and am absolutely convinced that this SSM team could beat more than half of them. Congratulations to SSM on their accomplishment.

QUOTE=AAA Dad;6653290]Well they looked pretty darn dominant when it counted!!
              Congrats on the 3-Peat Shattuck!![/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                Shattuck looked really, really good. I am NOT a Shattuck parent but have to say they looked unbeatable. Belle Tire is a very good team and SSM took them down in dominate fashion in the finals. I did take a peek at their roster and I'm not surprised they are as good as they are, they are an absolute all-star team. They roster girls from 11 different states and a couple of Canadian girls. None of the other participants are allowed that on their rosters. That doesn't really seem fair. I've watched numerous D1 college games over the past few years and am absolutely convinced that this SSM team could beat more than half of them. Congratulations to SSM on their accomplishment.

QUOTE=AAA Dad;6653290]Well they looked pretty darn dominant when it counted!!
                Congrats on the 3-Peat Shattuck!!
                [/QUOTE]

"Allowed" that on their rosters? I did not know that Tier 1 teams have rules that limit where they can be from. SSM might be the best at recruiting but I believe that there are lots of teams that have girls from several different states.

There are 2 high schools (1 public and 1 private) whose rinks are about 3 miles from each other in the SW suburbs in Minneapolis that could combine and probably give SSM a pretty good game...most likely a better game than Belle or Mission or anyone else could. Even better would be just combining the girls from Edina that are playing for EHS and other privates and they could probably make the Tier 1 semis.

Feels a little like sour grapes to me. SSM is legit...at least at U19.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                  I did take a peek at their roster and I'm not surprised they are as good as they are, they are an absolute all-star team. They roster girls from 11 different states and a couple of Canadian girls. None of the other participants are allowed that on their rosters. That doesn't really seem fair.
                  Selects Academy rosters girls from 10 different states and has a couple of Canadian girls, just to give one example. This isn't as "unusual" as one would expect for these Academies and Prep Schools.

Comment

SO...i think some of the states limit outside of state participation. Isn't that why Team Pittsburgh got disbanded/moved to Connecticut a couple years ago (2014). I know that several MA girls were dropped from the team because there were too many out of staters. The next year they moved to CT because the rules were more lenient. Also in MA they limited (up through U14) how many girls can be from out of state. Once they reach u16/u19 i beleive they are more lenient because of prep school students looking to play on local club teams. This is obviously not the case at schools like SSM and Selects.
                    Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 04-10-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                      The next year they moved to CT because the rules were more lenient.
                      Are you citing government-imposed rules, or the club's internal policy?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

the USA HOCKEY district sets the rules....i spoke of MA. Each district can have rules about who can represent their District at Nationals and whether players can be from out of state, or how many, etc. Pennsylvania DISTRICT rules were pretty lenient and that is why Team Pitssburg was allowed to complete with many out of state girls. 4 years ago, the Pennsylvania DISTRICT changed the rules. I know of 2 MA girls who had to leave the team because they were from out of district and there were too many to allow them to compete to represent the district at Nationals . the next year, the core of the team fmoved to Connecticut, where the New England district allowed more out of district players to be on a team that competed to represent their district at Nationals. I would not be surprised if NY changed their rules in the future. The Selects team has taken a spot that was for normally Buffalo or Rochester dominated before.

Comment

PA is represented by 2 USA Hockey Affiliates. Eastern PA is part of the Atlantic District (NJ, DE E-PA) while Western PA is part of the Mid-Am District (WPA, WVA, OH). I'm guessing Mid-Am dropped the hammer.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                          X