• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    SCSU fans will now start saying, "We didn't want him anymore anyways."
    Enjoy our sloppy seconds.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      KFAN reporting signs are pointing to Motzko being the guy..
      I thought it was going to be Potulny?
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Did they happen to divulge what those signs were? Any other sources confirming what KFAN is reporting?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Did they happen to divulge what those signs were? Any other sources confirming what KFAN is reporting?
          Players meeting at 1. No motzko at year end coaches show last night. The massive amount of speculation that he would be the guy.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Players meeting at 1. No motzko at year end coaches show last night. The massive amount of speculation that he would be the guy.
            Thanks, just saw the other thread.

Comment

Yesterday you were set on Potulny. I'd much rather it be Putulny.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I thought it was going to be Potulny?
                This was what I was told from someone I trust with close ties to the Gopher hockey program.

That was Friday night. By Tuesday, things can change.

I’ll admit I was wrong, but I will continue sharing things I hear as I think that’s a value of message boards.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

The Strib is saying it's going to be Motzko.

http://www.startribune.com/bob-motzk...say/478072863/
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

So tBob is the new coach.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The Strib is saying it's going to be Motzko.

http://www.startribune.com/bob-motzk...say/478072863/
                      It’s official. Minnesota released it.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

It’s official. Minnesota released it.
                        Front page on gophersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Did they happen to divulge what those signs were?
                          Find your next Gopher coach here:

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Find your next Gopher coach here:

Lest we forget, once upon a time St. Cloud found a former Gophers coach, and unless I'm mistaken they named an arena after him.

Comment

Well, this is an underwhelming turns of events. I was hoping for a much bigger change. Not excited in the least for the new coach or the returning players for next year.
                              I think it's gonna be some more mediocre seasons in the future. I hope I'm wrong but that is all I can think about right now.
                              National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                                Well, this is an underwhelming turns of events. I was hoping for a much bigger change. Not excited in the least for the new coach or the returning players for next year.
                                I think it's gonna be some more mediocre seasons in the future. I hope I'm wrong but that is all I can think about right now.
                                So who did you want to replace Lucia with?
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X