• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    Article in the Athletic on Sarah Nurse.
    https://theathletic.com/833371/2019/...das-next-star/

to me as a Gopher fan, she was always the scariest player on the ice for Wisconsin. )
    I think I heard my wife say this just about every time the Gophers played Wisconsin when she was playing. I remember when we drove to Grand Forks for the 2015 WCHA Final Face-Off only to witness what amounted to "The Sarah Nurse Show." I've rarely seen a player dominate a hockey weekend as she did then.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Big game tomorrow. UW is playing for the chance to host the cha champ and OSU is playing for their season. These 2 teams are not that evenly matched, UW handily outshot OSU a few weeks ago. OSU struggled to beat off the Mavs last weekend. UW gets the last line change and I'd always send out the Clark line against their top line. UW's big guns need to shut them down and then they win the game. The games in Madison were pretty chippy/physical, UW needs to stay away from that crap and just play their game. In a stark contrast, St. Cloud played a very clean game last weekend, it was pleasure to watch not having to get consumed by the questionable physicality.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

At his weekly presser MJ did not say if Mac or Sam would be back, but he did mention that Schneider played well in Sam's place.

Comment

It's a great day for hockey. Crush the rodents. They want to play Princeton anyway.

Comment

Sure is excellent to knock OSU out and at least get 1 trophy from the league this year.

Schneider played so awesome, I saw wheels I didn't know she had. Fantastic. Soup made some big saves in the 3rd after the rodents decided to come out and play. UW needs hot goaltending and the Sr's to lead the charge the next 2 weekends (thinking positively).

Shirley sure is snakebit right now, what a great setup from Curl that she missed on. That's ok, she can break the slump the next 2 weekends.

Comment

Mark Johnson did state that Schneider was very fast in his comments after she singed her LOI, I just don't think she had much of a chance until late to show what she can do. Here's hoping it carries over to next season.

Soup did show up today, although I wonder if she was screened on Zumwinkle's goal? I thought she had a clean look, but replay's show it was a little more crowded around her than what first appeared. She has to be on top of her game here on out and I think she will.

Shirley did score a huge goal yesterday, it looked like she had to reach a little to much on the setup from Curl. She will be ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
                Soup did show up today, although I wonder if she was screened on Zumwinkle's goal?
                It was deflected by Steffen's stick.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Tickets available at 8:30. Called at 8:45. On hold for 20 minutes. Sold out. Not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Tickets available at 8:30. Called at 8:45. On hold for 20 minutes. Sold out. Not happy.
                    Season-ticket holder pre-sale was at the same time as sign-up for WCHA tickets against St Cloud. You didn't get tickets then?!?

EDIT: I called to see if I could add tickets to my order, and they said 'standing room only'. (So I said 'no'.)
                    Last edited by robertearle; 03-11-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Season-ticket holder pre-sale was at the same time as sign-up for WCHA tickets against St Cloud. You didn't get tickets then?!?

EDIT: I called to see if I could add tickets to my order, and they said 'standing room only'. (So I said 'no'.)
                      That was nice of you to call to add to your order. Honestly, I don't recall seeing any ncaa pre-order info on the wcha round 1 games letter. Was it on that letter or a separate one?

Comment

That was nice of you to call to add to your order. Honestly, I don't recall seeing any ncaa pre-order info on the wcha round 1 games letter. Was it on that letter or a separate one?
                        All in the same letter, if I recall correctly.

(I added a ticket for a 'late comer' last year with no problem, so I thought maybe...)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          All in the same letter, if I recall correctly.

(I added a ticket for a 'late comer' last year with no problem, so I thought maybe...)
                          Then it's all my fault, I didn't read the letter entirely. I thought there would be a pre-order letter or email after they secured the bid. Thanks again for trying.

Comment

No offense, but how did you not know the tickets would be long past sold out by 8:45?

I believe last year's game was sold out by 8:35 - which is expected since they at most have a couple hundred tickets available, and that's including SRO.

(Unless the LaBahn Arena in Verona I kept hearing about during yesterday's TV broadcast is significantly larger than the one in Madison!)

Comment

Then it's all my fault, I didn't read the letter entirely. I thought there would be a pre-order letter or email after they secured the bid. Thanks again for trying.
                              Keep an eye on Craigslist-Madison. I have bought football tickets, and the occasional basketball and men's hockey tickets there, and never had any problem. Women's hockey tickets are certainly not as likely to show up there, but as you can see, they have shown up there a couple times this season for other games.

https://madison.craigslist.org/searc...date=all+dates

Comment

Were in! Section 8 row 7. Called at 8:33 this morning, sorry you wont be there. If I here of any tickets, do you want me to let you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X