Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
    The Badgers don't control their own destiny.
    (Sportscaster Bob Costas would correctly point out that nobody 'controls their own destiny' or '... their own fate'. One's fate or destiny, by the very definitions of the words, cannot be controlled. If it is your 'destiny', then it is your destiny, and nobody can change it or 'control' it.)

-------------

Lauren Bench was really good, and the Badgers were pretty ordinary. The two goals given up by Campbell were a gimmie put-back of a kick save and a screened (by one of her own defenders) shot from the outside on a PK that I don't think she ever saw.

Rats!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      (Sportscaster Bob Costas would correctly point out that nobody 'controls their own destiny' or '... their own fate'. One's fate or destiny, by the very definitions of the words, cannot be controlled. If it is your 'destiny', then it is your destiny, and nobody can change it or 'control' it.)
      The Badgers' destiny - which they do not control because destiny can't be controlled - does not currently include a first-round bye in the WCHA playoffs.

Comment

Well, that was ugly. Too bad they waiting until the 3rd period to play their game, it was too late then. Shots thru 2 periods were 16-16, shots in the 3rd period were 12-2 UW. UW getting 8 shots in the first and 8 in the second have to be the season low or right there. Since the 5 week layoff, they have been averaging 2.42 goals per game.

Today is a big game and a great day for hockey!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

To paraphrase Kermit the frog...It's not easy beating a team in green.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

A better result but the tea leaves read worse. SOG for UW per period: 6 13 7. 26 SOG isn't going to cut it. The posted lines had the same combos, but the starting lineup had Curl on line 1 in place of Cogan. Cogan scored with A from Roque and Shirley, so assuming she was on line 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              A better result but the tea leaves read worse. SOG for UW per period: 6 13 7. 26 SOG isn't going to cut it. The posted lines had the same combos, but the starting lineup had Curl on line 1 in place of Cogan. Cogan scored with A from Roque and Shirley, so assuming she was on line 2.
              Clark-Pankowski-Curl
              Cogan-Roque-Shirley
              Mauermann-Shaver-Norby
              Pettet-Schneider-Drake

Once or twice, I saw Norby-Schneider-Poseck

-----------

Between the first and second period, they didn't so much as re-surface the ice as sweep up the sawdust from the Badgers squeezing their sticks. Between periods, MJ must have said 'stop thinking so much, and throw the puck at the net!' During the second period, Buchbinder was at the point on a power play, and three times she shot from out there. I think that doubles her shot total for the year. But one of those shots started the sequence that resulted in Cogan's second goal, so...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                Clark-Pankowski-Curl
                Cogan-Roque-Shirley
                Mauermann-Shaver-Norby
                Pettet-Schneider-Drake

Once or twice, I saw Norby-Schneider-Poseck

-----------

Between the first and second period, they didn't so much as re-surface the ice as sweep up the sawdust from the Badgers squeezing their sticks.
                That sure doesn't make me feel any better. The 13 sog in the second was quite the improvement over the first, but then in the 3rd it went back down again. I don't want to read too much into this, but it's hard not to. At least this weekend I'll get to see for myself how they look.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  That sure doesn't make me feel any better. The 13 sog in the second was quite the improvement over the first, but then in the 3rd it went back down again. I don't want to read too much into this, but it's hard not to. At least this weekend I'll get to see for myself how they look.
                  The team looks to lack Passion/Desire/Grit just flat! It was Burrmidji's Stanley Cup, but I don't think the Badgers could have played worse. Would like to see a good hard check or a little attitude from the girls! Clark & Pankowski certainly haven't had the impact you (Timothy A) thought they would. Maybe its too late at this point, but I still would like to see them split these two up. They don't need each other to create chances & I think Clark could create chances for others... Horns down this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                    It was Burrmidji's Stanley Cup, but I don't think the Badgers could have played worse. Would like to see a good hard check or a little attitude
                    Sorry, but for teams like Bemidji their super bowl is against the UofM.

Hard checks and attitude? You can go to men's games for that. (Well maybe not UW's)

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Sorry, but for teams like Bemidji their super bowl is against the UofM.
                      Well, that does explain why Bemidji always engages in ugly defensive battles.

Comment

, but I still would like to see them split these two up. They don't need each other to create chances & I think Clark could create chances for others... Horns down this weekend!
                        I'm with you. I'd also move Pankowski back to wing. I think Shirley would be an awesome C. So the C's should be Clark, Roque, Shirley and Shaver if I was lining them up.

Mauermann Clark Cogan
                        Pankowski Roque Norby
                        Curl Shirley Pettet
                        Schneider Shaver Drake

Comment

The team looks to lack Passion/Desire/Grit just flat! It was Burrmidji's Stanley Cup, but I don't think the Badgers could have played worse. Would like to see a good hard check or a little attitude from the girls! Clark & Pankowski certainly haven't had the impact you (Timothy A) thought they would. Maybe its too late at this point, but I still would like to see them split these two up. They don't need each other to create chances & I think Clark could create chances for others... Horns down this weekend!
                          I would agree they looked flat. I also have never understood Clark and Pankowski pairing. The produce because the are both very good but I have never felt they feed off each other or work well together. Annie is a offensive zone player that creates shots on her own not by puck moment. Clark is a machine that plays all 200 feet.

Comment

The team looks to lack Passion/Desire/Grit just flat!
                            MJ said in the presser that he re-watched the game Friday Firday night and that they didn't play as bad as he first thought, though yet they made changes to the lines and PP. He did mention that Saturday they played with more grit.

I'm so stoked to be doing the double Saturday and getting to watch his jersey retirement, and the honoring of the great Grant Standbrook.

Comment

Interesting tidbits by a little autobiographical article MJ wrote....when Granato was hired as Colorado's head coach, he offered MJ a job as an assistant. He was also offered the head coaching job @ Miami of OH back in the 1990's.

Comment

And in helping the XM radio cause here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aClGLnfCTis

I wonder if we get a glimpse of Timothy A when the camera goes from the stage to the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X