Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
    Swap Shaver with Clark & get Pankowski to move the puck a little more....BOOM!
    Yeah, moving the puck more makes sense. I do agree that Clark and Pankowski do tend to hold the puck too long at times. What makes the Roque Shirley Curl line so good is how they, especially Roque, move the puck. It especially sinks in after watching the Caps Sharks highlights from yesterday, there is some fantastic puck movement there.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Cece played very well, went 3-1 and I think all were on the road.
      I had forgotten that.

Cece started five games in 2016-2017, four wins, one loss (the first of those starts, at Duluth), 1.60 GAA, .907 save percent. Two of those were at LaBahn, against Cornell. (She was also the starter and winner in the 'Carbon Monoxide' game At Lindenwood.)

If North Dakota had not folded, Cece would have been the starter in 2017-2018.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        I had forgotten that.

Cece started five games in 2016-2017, four wins, one loss (the first of those starts, at Duluth), 1.60 GAA, .907 save percent. Two of those were at LaBahn, against Cornell. (She was also the starter and winner in the 'Carbon Monoxide' game At Lindenwood.)

I certainly thought Cece was the heiress to the net as well, thought the fact that Blesi is now #2 makes a guy wonder if she would have supplanted Cece for the top spot, though Blesi flipped from OSU pretty late. I kinda feel bad for Cece, going from thinking you are it to where she is now, but that is how life is lots of the time. I think Kronsish is redshirting, thought she's listed as a Fr and I think next year Blesi or Cece should as well to spread out the talent a bit.

Comment

I had forgotten that.

They went out & got Blesi that summer for a reason. She would be the starter today if not for Soupy's arrival.

Comment

Yep, like Robert said, MJ just plays one and that it.
            Lately, yes, but it wasn't always that way. He rotated three when Vetter was a frosh and rotated her and Dufour the next year.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Lately, yes, but it wasn't always that way. He rotated three when Vetter was a frosh and rotated her and Dufour the next year.
              Correct, I was referring to "recent" history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                They went out & got Blesi that summer for a reason. She would be the starter today if not for Soupy's arrival.
                She should get a chance to play to see how she does. If I was a goalie, UW would not be on my list of top schools to consider for a few reasons; shot count is too low and I may never play a game. Not really attractive unless I was a ringer and MJ guaranteed me every game. Guaranteed great statistics.

Comment

from the MN thread:
                  IIRC, the pass was made by Mikaela Gardner; she was also the one caught 'spectating' and so turned a fairly normal breakout into the two-on-one that was the Gophers' goal. Uncharacteristically, Gardner had a bad night.
                  I didn't realize it at the time, but that is the first goal scored against her (even strength). Is she normally paired with Rolfes, and which line typically does she appear on the ice with?
                  kinda amazing to go this long into the season

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    from the MN thread:

I didn't realize it at the time, but that is the first goal scored against her (even strength). Is she normally paired with Rolfes, and which line typically does she appear on the ice with?
                    kinda amazing to go this long into the season
                    Yes, her partner is Rolfes.

"Which line"? You mean forward line? To the best of my knowledge (and that ain't sayin' much) UW doesn't really pair up forward lines and defensive pairs (because the 4th forward line gets as much playing time as they do?). Any front line with any D pair, as far as I know.

Comment

A great day for Hockey! We will miss tonight's game, it's parents' night for my daughter's bb team she helps manage, so she and I are committed to that.

Hopefully it's slump breaker weekend. UW is 2-2 in their last 4, that's almost a BC'esque record.

Comment

Eight weeks since the last home series! It'll be good to be back at LaBahn!

Comment

Both Sam Cogan and Brett Pettet missing from the lineup tonight. Don't know why.

Mauermann moved up to first line, and had the first goal of the night. Caitlin Schneider took Mauermann's place on line with Norby and Shaver, and had a number of good chances. And the fourth line was Drake, Rowe and Maddie Posick, and Posick had a couple good chances at the goal.

Polusny was really, really good (outside of a two goals in ten seconds blink of an eye to start the third period).

Comment

Both Sam Cogan and Brett Pettet missing from the lineup tonight. Don't know why.
                            Of course MJ won't tell us if they are hurt or he was just trying to shake up the lineup.

I'd call that a solid win tonight. We missed out on free Culvers, though the one out at Easttowne closes earlier now so it's hard to get there before they close on a 7pm game.

Comment

Of course MJ won't tell us if they are hurt or he was just trying to shake up the lineup.

I'd call that a solid win tonight. We missed out on free Culvers, though the one out at Easttowne closes earlier now so it's hard to get there before they close on a 7pm game.
                              Cogen was dressed tonight, and played on the line with Shaver and Norby; that is, where Schneider played last night. Only a half-dozen times, it was Schneider there instead of Cogen. So maybe Cogen is getting over a cold or the flu, etc?

No Pettet again tonight.

They essentially played with no 4th line: Drake played a couple shifts of PK; Schneider subbed in for Cogan, as I said; Rowe took the occasional shift at D; and if Maddie Poseck got on the ice at all, I didn't notice (but she was certainly there and dressed).

Most importantly for Tim, the band was there both nights! :-)

Their passing was a bit more off-target, costing the possession time and making them look less sharp than last night. Up only 2-1 halfway through the 3rd period had me fairly nervous....

Comment

Cogen was dressed tonight, and played on the line with Shaver and Norby; that is, where Schneider played last night. Only a half-dozen times, it was Schneider there instead of Cogen. So maybe Cogen is getting over a cold or the flu, etc?

No Pettet again tonight.

They essentially played with no 4th line: Drake played a couple shifts of PK; Schneider subbed in for Cogan, as I said; Rowe took the occasional shift at D; and if Maddie Poseck got on the ice at all, I didn't notice (but she was certainly there and dressed).

Most importantly for Tim, the band was there both nights! :-)

Their passing was a bit more off-target, costing the possession time and making them look less sharp than last night. Up only 2-1 halfway through the 3rd period had me fairly nervous....
                                We were there so yes we enjoyed the band too! Very astute observations on who played under what circumstances, my brain can't process those observations very quickly. The goal they gave up was horrific D zone coverage, the worst I have seen in years in person. Soup made a big initial save, then the shooter poked the small rebound in and no one cared to be any where near her. The first part of the 2nd period they were very unsharp, and even on the pp's weren't connecting the dots very well.

Why was that goal waved off? The ref was all over it and called it a goal right away, I didn't notice the timing of the whistle to the puck going in.

Comment

Working...
                                X