Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    2012 "Fill The Bowl", against Bemidji. A scoreless game, Madison Packer deked Zuzana Tomcikova on a breakaway so bad that Z's flailing away caused her own mask to come off. Packer put the puck in the net, but the goal was wiped away. Later, Knight scored and the Badgers won 1-0. I was watching at a sort-of family reunion thing (the game was on Fox WI, I think) with a roomful of people, and I had to try to explain the call and the wiped away goal.
    Thanks for the vivid memory.

We've got a "taking are of business" weekend coming up. They need to not be too overconfident after juicing the oranges last weekend. Coming down off a sugar high can be downer.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

St. Cloud did take UM to OT on home ice a few weeks ago. Shots were 47-18 UM. UW needs to play solid D with no odd player rushes allowed on the big ice.

I'm not sure UW's statistically #1 PP is really as good as the stat says.

Looks like Ms Shirley is solidly competing for the WCHA ROTY, though the coaches all voted for someone else but 1 I do believe. I think Levy is the leader at this point.

Comment

Well, the PP had 2 tic tac toe goals, they did look like a PP juggernaut.

Great balanced scoring again. Too bad that there is 8000 days between today and the next game, what a dumb momentum killing schedule.

I'd love to see closeup slow-mo's of the 2 goals allowed. Both were quirky situations, the hope was those were out of the system, and they were for a long time, oh well, learning situations for Soup.

Interesting thing from the broadcast.....they considered red shirting Curl this year. She is having a great year, but getting put on Roque's line was the difference maker. It makes me wonder if Kronish and DeVito are officially redshirting, one would assume so.

Comment

Dumb***** play-by-play guy yesterday mispronouncing Pankowski! I wonder if he's still going to identify #19 during today's game as "Pankowicks"
          WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
            Dumb***** play-by-play guy yesterday mispronouncing Pankowski! I wonder if he's still going to identify #19 during today's game as "Pankowicks"
            I also noted him calling Shaver "Shaeffer", "Preston Norby", and "Sophia Shirley". Now, that last one is understandable; we do have a Sophie and a Sophia. But still....

(He also apparently got at least one St Cloud player wrong, but corrected himself shortly after. I forget which, and would not have noticed, but for his correcting himself. On the other hand, I thought Julie Friend was pretty good, other than the dozen uses of the phrase "tic-tac-toe goal".)

Comment

On the other hand, I thought Julie Friend was pretty good, other than the dozen uses of the phrase "tic-tac-toe goal".
              That's Wisconsin's fault; if the Badgers didn't score so much, I'm sure she wouldn't have overused the phrase.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Less than five minutes in, and "Pankowitz" gotten a shift out on the ice.

Comment

Less than five minutes in, and "Pankowitz" gotten a shift out on the ice.
                  And both "Schaeffer" and "Sophia Shirley" appear near the end of the first period.

Comment

I watched the 2nd & 3rd periods and all I heard was this crew (the female is boring and monotone) giving SCS all the props in the world for keeping up with the Badgers. Haha! All I saw was hot goalie who kept them in the game.

Shots on goal; 49 - 13. That's hardly keeping up.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

That sure was as escape with your life win yesterday. St. Cloud played a great D zone game. I don't understand UW's forecheck against that kind of D, there was never anyone in front of the net for the 2 players under the end line to get the puck to unless a D slide down, which can only be done if the 3rd F covers. Why not go with 3 cyclers, they typical NHL/Men's style? That would generate more chances coming off the boards and they can leak the D down on the backside when the D collapses to deal with that.

The icing calls against UW Saturday were SO homerish is was pathetic. They were trying to keep the home team in the game.

The play by play guy needs to be fired for gross dereliction of duty, Pankowitz and Shaeffer? All game all weekend? What are the producers doing in his ear? Oh I know, ignoring him and getting the wrong graphic ready for when UW scores a goal. Nice to see Lauren Williams get the first goal while wearing Curl's jersey. I have no clue who the player was who the graphic said scored the second goal. At least I got to watch the games...…

Anyway, glad to not get BC'ed yesterday, I was feeling like T3 in the 3rd period.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        That sure was as escape with your life win yesterday. St. Cloud played a great D zone game. I don't understand UW's forecheck against that kind of D, there was never anyone in front of the net for the 2 players under the end line to get the puck to unless a D slide down, which can only be done if the 3rd F covers. Why not go with 3 cyclers, they typical NHL/Men's style? That would generate more chances coming off the boards and they can leak the D down on the backside when the D collapses to deal with that.

The icing calls against UW Saturday were SO homerish is was pathetic. They were trying to keep the home team in the game.

The play by play guy needs to be fired for gross dereliction of duty, Pankowitz and Shaeffer? All game all weekend? What are the producers doing in his ear? Oh I know, ignoring him and getting the wrong graphic ready for when UW scores a goal. Nice to see Lauren Williams get the first goal while wearing Curl's jersey. I have no clue who the player was who the graphic said scored the second goal. At least I got to watch the games...…

Anyway, glad to not get BC'ed yesterday, I was feeling like T3 in the 3rd period.
                        They blocked off the seats behind the PA guy in Bemidji because we would loudly correct his constant mispronunciation of players names!
                        But St. Cloud can do to teams what they did yesterday, they did it on the second game against MN. If you think it is frustrating for your team imagine how hard it is on those kids. They work just as hard but have to settle for just close. Moral victories give no standing points. It seems it would be easy to just quit but they never do

Comment

The icing calls against UW Saturday were SO homerish is was pathetic. They were trying to keep the home team in the game. At least I got to watch the games...…
                          I was home in time from the Gopher game to watch the 3rd period. Granted I have gold rather than rose-colored glasses, but I thought the roughing call on Laura Kluge a minute into St Cloud's pp was pretty weak. Not that they were going to score anyway to tie it up but, (just sayin').

100 shots total for BC and the UW yesterday and 2 non empty net goals. I hate those kind of games.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 12-09-2018, 10:18 PM. Reason: I was hoping for overtime!
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            Yeah, they must have other 21-22's set up for committing soon as well.
                            Speaking of which, Chayla Edward’s little (taller) sister is in the chart a year too early .. Laila Edwards is committed for 2022-23 season .

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                              I was home in time from the Gopher game to watch the 3rd period. Granted I have gold rather than rose-colored glasses, but I thought the roughing call on Laura Kluge a minute into St Cloud's pp was pretty weak. Not that they were going to score anyway to tie it up but, (just sayin').
                              wWCHA are the worst. I was glad to see that penalty; obviously any team that has a 6 on 4 advantage is scary and the way that game was going I had a bad feeling UW was heading down the BC path.

Comment

wWCHA are the worst.
                                Having seen several games officiated by Eastern stripes I have to strongly disagree with your assessment.
                                It was so bad that I ran into Greg Sheppard the other day & apologized to him

Comment

Working...
                                X