Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    May not be pigskin fans here but that has to be super embarrassing to lose to the rodents of all things...The thinner will flow.
    It was bound to happen at some point. The volleyball result alone made up for it (LONG streak of road losses to PSU), and the hockey teams came out of Saturday pretty well.

I'll leave the fretting to the football-only people.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      I was listening on the radio while at hockey. VB started an hour earlier, and didn't finish until just as the OT was starting. The good news is UW will certainly be hosting the first two rounds of NCAA tournament next weekend. The bad news (for me) is those games will almost certainly be head-up against hockey vs Syracuse.
      Thankfully we lucked out: Volleyball is Thursday and Friday night, WHockey Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Four sports days in a row!
      "You can call me Pete, hockey isn't part of my given name."

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyPete View Post
        Thankfully we lucked out: Volleyball is Thursday and Friday night, WHockey Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Four sports days in a row!
        Indeed!

I actually ended up with two seats to volleyball, not together. So if anyone is looking for a single seat, both days, to volleyball this weekend, let me know.

Comment

It was so great to have the fans cheering "Annie-Annie" after Pankowski's back-to-back game winning goal in OT after last Saturday's game.
          That gave everyone chills.
          Hukalo did that for the BADGER men's team in 2000 vs. UND.
          He was the hero then but never got his name chanted by the crowd.
          WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
            It was so great to have the fans cheering "Annie-Annie" after Pankowski's back-to-back game winning goal in OT after last Saturday's game.
            That gave everyone chills.
            I'm so glad you mentioned this, it had escaped my mind. That was AWESOME, totally AWESOME. So was the back-up Phil, I'm glad the camera got on him when he started the chant.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UW vs Cuse

O UW 3.44 Cuse 2.27
              D UW 1.22 Cuse 2.27 (wow they match!)
              PP UW 22% Cuse 17%
              PK UW 88% Cuse 88%
              PM UW 6.25 Cuse 11.93

Common Opponents
              Cuse swept Lindenwood, got swept by Mercyhurst, tied and lost to Princeton. Interestingly, they handily outshot Princeton both games, and I had thought highly of Princeton who were able to skate with UW, especially game 2. It makes me think these games will be tighter than initially thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by TinyViking View Post
                Does anyone know what Roque said to the ref that got her the misconduct?
                Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Hmm, that just doesn't seem worthy of a misconduct. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Apparently the ref replied, "Now go away before I taunt you a second time."

Comment

Today the Women’s Winter Training Camp roster was announced with 5 current Badgers invited. However Mikaela Gardner is not on the list of 44 players. That seems odd since she represented the US in the recent 4 Nations Cup. Did she play that badly that she went from being one of the top 23 US players in early November to not being one of the top 44 only 3 weeks later? Or is there more to her not being included?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                        Today the Women’s Winter Training Camp roster was announced with 5 current Badgers invited. However Mikaela Gardner is not on the list of 44 players. That seems odd since she represented the US in the recent 4 Nations Cup. Did she play that badly that she went from being one of the top 23 US players in early November to not being one of the top 44 only 3 weeks later? Or is there more to her not being included?
                        I wouldn't read too much into it, these things seem to happen every time. It has been discussed here almost every time & nobody can make any sense out of it. Both USAH & TC bring in & exclude people for a camp or event and then do the opposite next time. It is just weird

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          This means that UM gets the highly prestigious "Larry's Keys Made While You Wait" Bowl on December 13 at 11:15 EST and UW will have to settle for something less.
                          My guess is Wisconsin will get the "Quicklime Bowl" aka "CaO Bowl" in Detroit on December 26.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 11-29-2018, 11:24 AM. Reason: Or maybe, "The Toilet Bowl?"
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                            I too was shocked not to see her on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I too was shocked not to see her on the list.
                              Nice to see Maddie Rolfes, Savannah Harmon, and Jincy Dunne invited to the camp.

Now. if we could get USA hockey to be less enamored with diminutive bc defensemen...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Now. if we could get USA hockey to be less enamored with diminutive bc defensemen...
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X