Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Very happy to see UW control the games after OSU getting swept by BSU.

Awesome to see Clark is back, only had 1A on a Pankowski goal Saturday on the weekend, but she probably has to get her sea legs back and she was playing with a new wing in Cogan. Nice to see Shaver and Norby scoring, maybe adding Mauermann to that line helped.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Very happy to see UW control the games after OSU getting swept by BSU.

Awesome to see Clark is back, only had 1A on a Pankowski goal Saturday on the weekend, but she probably has to get her sea legs back and she was playing with a new wing in Cogan. Nice to see Shaver and Norby scoring, maybe adding Mauermann to that line helped.
      Clark had a breakaway on Saturday, intercepted a pass at the UW blue line and then skated down the ice ahead of the chasing BSU skaters. The goalie beat her on the shot, but she looked just fine racing them down the ice.

(the guy doing UW women's volleyball on the radio this weekend was a fill-in for the regular play-by-play guy; he kept calling UW VB libero Tiffany Clark 'Emily Clark', to the point where he said to his woman analyst partner 'punch me on the arm when I do it again'.)
      Last edited by robertearle; 11-19-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know what Roque said to the ref that got her the misconduct?

Comment

Originally posted by TinyViking View Post
          I think we'd all like to know, but of course we never will.

I have to say I am very happy/shocked UW is now allowing/promoting signs to be made by fans and used during the games. Simply shocking. I'm think about this one for this weekend "should have kept Pankowski".

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            It amazes me that coaches can tell who’s going to be good by 8th grade. Seems like a risk on both sides, but obviously it works out. Are there many kids that don’t verbally commit until 11th grade anymore?
            Seems to me MJ's current So class may not be as strong scoring-wise as he projected, at least at this point in their careers. Still, solid players with bright futures.

Comment

I am shocked UW has no SHG this year so far. Shocking I say, SHOCKING!

Comment

• Originally posted by TinyViking View Post
                Perhaps she politely and respectfully shared her opinion about the current political climate in our country and the ref simply didn't agree?!

Comment

Eeked out o win against an overmatched Hawvawd team who does have a great goalie and some snipers. UW controlled the play through the game, had some hold the zone line changes in the 1st and 3rd, love to see that. Interestingly the 2nd period seemed to be the weakest territorially, usually with the line change in their O zone they control the play more. I don't think the 4th line saw much action at all. Cogan had a really strong game, I saw some speed that I hadn't see before. SCARY moment after Clark drew that penalty she skated gingerly back to the bench and went right into the locker room. She did play in the 3rd. Whew. Awesome to see Pankowski dagger Stone, that was great. Doesn't at all make up for the snub on the Olympic team, but getting UW a W against her was great.

Crowd was flat, no jump at all. I'm glad UW responded better to the tying goal than the crowd did, there was no push back by the crowd after that goal, very disappointing. I didn't hear the usual voices your hear in the crowd, it was strange.

Yes I will take credit for the SH goal. I knew they'd get one this weekend since I pointed out they hadn't had one all year yet.

Ozman I had not seen yet, she can go back to reffing 101 class and take Hanrahann with her, inconsistently randomly awful as usual. I thought Roque might get a 10 for chirping after the call on her. They have no clue what interference is. At least in the men's games it looks like that is getting called more.

Comment

Crowd was flat, no jump at all. I'm glad UW responded better to the tying goal than the crowd did, there was no push back by the crowd after that goal, very disappointing. I didn't hear the usual voices your hear in the crowd, it was strange.

Where were you sitting? I was in section 17 and the crowd was pretty dynamic. All the energy I expected and then some.

Comment

May not be pigskin fans here but that has to be super embarrassing to lose to the rodents of all things...The thinner will flow.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        May not be pigskin fans here but that has to be super embarrassing to lose to the rodents of all things...The thinner will flow.
                        This means that UM gets the highly prestigious "Larry's Keys Made While You Wait" Bowl on December 13 at 11:15 EST and UW will have to settle for something less.

Comment

Annie the DAGGER Pankowski! Good Night!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            I wouldn't have been surprised by a close loss - by a field goal, etc. I am utterly shocked that UW just didn't show up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              I wouldn't have been surprised by a close loss - by a field goal, etc. I am utterly shocked that UW just didn't show up at all.
                              I knew preseason #4 was too high considering all they lost to graduation. That being said, the O line was a pile sheet all year, they never played up to the hype and the D line was ravaged by injuries. When you can't control the line of scrimmage on both O and D, you lose. The O line was a colossal disappointment.

Hey VB won at PSU! Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Hey VB won at PSU! Sweet!
                                I was listening on the radio while at hockey. VB started an hour earlier, and didn't finish until just as the OT was starting. The good news is UW will certainly be hosting the first two rounds of NCAA tournament next weekend. The bad news (for me) is those games will almost certainly be head-up against hockey vs Syracuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X