Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Tomorrow's gonna be AWESOME! Musky fish Monona til 12:30, have son #2 drop me off close by, meet up with son #1 and daughter and watch UW throttle the rodents, go home, eat supper, watch the lads throttle the huskies.
    Sounds like a great day. Have fun!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

The planned Tailgate in Lot 91 on Saturday is cancelled! Pregame will be at the Nitty...as always!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Tomorrow's gonna be AWESOME! Musky fish Monona til 12:30, have son #2 drop me off close by, meet up with son #1 and daughter and watch UW throttle the rodents, go home, eat supper, watch the lads throttle the huskies.
        Tim, I truly hope you have a great day of fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          You lead a charmed life...
          I've always been very thankful to live where I live, to be close to great fishing and a great town like Madison, albeit an hour away, but that's nothing in this day and age. I am indeed blessed.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Cant even wake up the band for the Gopher series?

Comment

When was the last time Wisconsin lost a game at Labahn. Seems like it's been awhile.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                When was the last time Wisconsin lost a game at Labahn. Seems like it's been awhile.
                I think it's over 30 games...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Gophers won 2-0 on 12/3/16. Wisconsin had not lost a game at home since then until today although UMD tied them on 2/11/17.

North Dakota sandwiched wins to end a much longer Gopher streak a few years ago. The fans at Ridder gave the Gopher players one of the loudest cheers ever at the end of that game though. Did the Wisconsin fans do the same today?
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 10-27-2018, 10:44 PM. Reason: You can't win them all.
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I hope you caught a 52" musky to make up for the throttling that occured

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      North Dakota sandwiched wins to end a much longer Gopher streak a few years ago. The fans at Ridder gave the Gopher players one of the loudest cheers ever at the end of that game though. Did the Wisconsin fans do the same today?
                      The Badgers unbeaten streak at LaBahn was at 35 before today's loss. There was no special recognition by the fans, other than the usual cheers around the stick salute, but I don't know how many people even knew it had been 35 straight without a loss at home. (I'm not even sure if that would be a team record?)

I believe the streak you are talking about that was ended by North Dakota was the Gopher's consecutive game winning streak - both home and away - that included the perfect season, right? That's kind of apples and oranges to a home winning streak where there have been several road/playoff losses in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        The Huskies were throttled, 6-2 by those nasty Badgers. It's more likely he caught a 52" catfish than musky in Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                          The Badgers unbeaten streak at LaBahn was at 35 before today's loss. There was no special recognition by the fans, other than the usual cheers around the stick salute, but I don't know how many people even knew it had been 35 straight without a loss at home. (I'm not even sure if that would be a team record?)

I believe the streak you are talking about that was ended by North Dakota was the Gopher's consecutive game winning streak - both home and away - that included the perfect season, right? That's kind of apples and oranges to a home winning streak where there have been several road/playoff losses in the middle.
                          Yes, but even so 35 games without a loss at home is a very impressive accomplishment and I'm surprised if most of the Badger fans did not know about it. And indeed the 62 game winning streak received a lot of attention not only in Minnesota but nationally as well and it was just nice to see the Gopher fans show their appreciation to the players when the streak finally ended. It's too bad if as you say that vocal appreciation did not happen at LaBahn today.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 10-28-2018, 01:04 AM. Reason: One more Gopher win in 2014 would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            Thanks, that would have been a personal best (we have caught a 47 & 48 on the Madison Chain the last 3 years for record @ bluffrinkrat). I did manage a nice 33" pike, which was a lot of fun. The weather was just perfect too, what a great day outside.

We all know a throttling wasn't going to occur, the rodents are a lot better personal-wise than they were last year, sometimes I just can't help myself. I'd say UM had the better of the play overall as I stated in your thread, but there wasn't that big of a difference between the 2. UM played better transition D. I was surprised MJ rolled the 4th line out as much as he did at first, but their play warranted the playing time, they did not look out of place at all. I was a little worried about Soup, I think her play hasn't been as consistent as it was last year, but she played awesome. That game was intense, the time just flew right by. Refereeing was terrible, they let way too much go. Why would a UM/UW game be played under different rules?
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                              Yes, but even so 35 games without a loss at home is a very impressive accomplishment and I'm surprised if most of the Badger fans did not know about it. And indeed the 62 game winning streak received a lot of attention not only in Minnesota but nationally as well and it was just nice to see the Gopher fans show their appreciation to the players when the streak finally ended. It's too bad if as you say that vocal appreciation did not happen at LaBahn today.
                              Certainly most people knew the Badgers were on a long winning streak at home, but knowing it was exactly 35 games and/or a team record is another thing. It's a fun team record, but again, it's not like it's nearly the historic event that winning 62 consecutive home and away is - especially when the overall winning streak had only been at 8 games.
                              Perhaps the more impressive thing is that the 35 game home winning streak only beat the old record by 4 games - the previous record of 31 straight at home was broken with the same game that started the current streak, the loss to the Gophers in December 16. That means the Badgers haven't lost to a team other than the Gophers at home since they fell to St. Cloud in February 2015!

Comment

Refereeing was terrible, they let way too much go.
                                ... right up until they didn't. The call against Pankowski in the third period that led to the game winner. was a not-so-instant replay of Pankowski getting pulled down at pretty much exactly the same spot behind the net during the second period. (Not to mention Steffen being pulled down in the high crease while splitting two defenders with the puck at the beginning of a third period power play, which didn't get called because 5-on-3 was never gonna happen. And on, and on...)

I'm sure Gopher fans have a half-dozen instances in mind from yesterday. But if that's the way you're gonna ref a game, then just go to a "black and white marbles in the pocket at random intervals" system.

I understand that striking the right balance between "too much" and "not enough" is especially tough in a game like Gophers-vs-Badgers, but yesterday was NOT a satisfactory answer.
                                Last edited by robertearle; 10-28-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X