Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
    Per this article Grace Shirley will be a Badger next year.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...hips-1.4976651
    YES!

I am SO stoked, this is fantastic news! She is every bit as good as her big sis, some say she's even better! I was so worried she'd end up at some other school other than UW since she'e way past the typical commitment age for a player as good as her. WHEW and hallelujah! On Wisconsin!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      YES!

I am SO stoked, this is fantastic news! She is every bit as good as her big sis, some say she's even better! I was so worried she'd end up at some other school other than UW since she'e way past the typical commitment age for a player as good as her. WHEW and hallelujah! On Wisconsin!
      Shirley you can't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
        Per this article Grace Shirley will be a Badger next year.
        https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...hips-1.4976651
        she isn't going to spend a year in the CWHL first?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
          Shirley you can't be serious.
          Shirley if the Shirley's played out east they'd make more Watts than Wattsx2.

Comment

Shirley if the Shirley's played out east they'd make more Watts than Wattsx2.
            https://youtu.be/ixljWVyPby0

Shirley, you can't be serious...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess she's not used to being able to trust the 3rd line and maybe the 4th from her coaching experience.
              Disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drhockey View Post
                Disagree

Comment

The coach did not overplay the top 2 lines. She overplayed 4 forwards. Murphy and Webster never touched the ice on the PK. As a result, she kept possibly the best 2 players in the tournament on the bench for 16 mins of penalties. Worse yet, the other 4 forwards on the top 2 times played PK. Consequently, Murphy and Webster sat a full rotation of the lines every PK. She did this every game and this is the reason that Canada won gold.

Comment

The coach did not overplay the top 2 lines. She overplayed 4 forwards. Murphy and Webster never touched the ice on the PK. As a result, she kept possibly the best 2 players in the tournament on the bench for 16 mins of penalties. Worse yet, the other 4 forwards on the top 2 times played PK. Consequently, Murphy and Webster sat a full rotation of the lines every PK. She did this every game and this is the reason that Canada won gold.

Very interesting insight.

Comment

Very interesting insight.
                      You can form your own opinion from the stream if you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9F6xoQeIFw
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        You can form your own opinion from the stream if you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9F6xoQeIFw
                        That is awfully nice of you to post this link. I may have time next week to watch it. Thanks.

Comment

Well, it is rodent skull cracking season, let's get on with it. They shook the cobwebs out last Friday and were back to their normal selves Saturday. I sure hope Clark wakes up a bit, this is the kind of series where you want the big guns to hit the target. On Wisconsin and LET'S GO RED!

Comment

no posts after the weekend? fans must still be thawing out

Given the weekend ended in a split, the only thing left to argue about is which guitar player did the best job of the national anthem, the guy Saturday who I thought was better in creativity and use of distortion, or the guy a couple years ago in Madison who probably did a better job overall. Anybody got a link to a video of either? Surely with all the cell phones these days someone has video.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              no posts after the weekend? fans must still be thawing out

Given the weekend ended in a split, the only thing left to argue about is which guitar player did the best job of the national anthem, the guy Saturday who I thought was better in creativity and use of distortion, or the guy a couple years ago in Madison who probably did a better job overall. Anybody got a link to a video of either? Surely with all the cell phones these days someone has video.
                              I did not see any games, I can't really comment too much other than I willed Clark to score, that was pretty cool. A split in the road against #2 isn't anything to be too disappointed in. Home ice for the ncaa's is still highly likely, so I am happy with that, and they are still in the running for the wwhca title. OSU pooping their pants sure did help UM and UW in the race for #1.

Comment

I did not see any games, I can't really comment too much other than I willed Clark to score, that was pretty cool. A split in the road against #2 isn't anything to be too disappointed in. Home ice for the ncaa's is still highly likely, so I am happy with that, and they are still in the running for the wwhca title. OSU pooping their pants sure did help UM and UW in the race for #1.
                                UW was the better team Friday, but not by all that much. Saturday, the first two Minn goals were pretty flukey/unlucky for UW. The first was a shot (or maybe even a pass) that deflected off a UW skater, redirected past Campbell; she had no chance. The second was a good shot that hit Campbell in the mask, went straight up into the air, came down, bounce off her back and went into the goal. So it 'beat her' but it took an unlucky bounce to find its way into the net.

I'll say this though: once UW got behind, they looked a little panicy trying to even things up. (Or maybe I was panicky, and I'm projecting!)

They got a split; a sweep would have been great, but the split was what they needed to do for WCHA standings, etc. Wisconsin is #1, and Minnesota is #1A. Likely destined to meet at least one more time, maybe two more.

Comment

Working...
                                X