Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Enlarged liver man probably hasn't seen this news yet...

I can't even imagine how much thinner he is going to consume when he sees this.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Enlarged liver man probably hasn't seen this news yet...

I can't even imagine how much thinner he is going to consume when he sees this.
      Hello. My name is Jill. I am enlarged liver man's wife. He read the news and he tipped over the chair he was sitting in and hit is head on the floor. He's out cold. He was very happy as he tipped, like beat the rodents for the natty happy. I'm sure he'll be back on here with the rest of you freaks soon. Good night.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

As if the Nov 30th game wasn't already interesting enough...

(Not sure how I feel about this. Not because of playing time - in team sports, there's always somebody coming to take your 'job' - but as I've implied before, I'm not crazy about the idea that this could be costing somebody their scholarship.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          As if the Nov 30th game wasn't already interesting enough...

(Not sure how I feel about this. Not because of playing time - in team sports, there's always somebody coming to take your 'job' - but as I've implied before, I'm not crazy about the idea that this could be costing somebody their scholarship.)
          And you better be worried that the curse of the Bambino that was transferred from the Red Sox to BC Womens Hockey does not travel with transfer players. I know I am.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
            And you better be worried that the curse of the Bambino that was transferred from the Red Sox to BC Womens Hockey does not travel with transfer players. I know I am.
            Ok so I am not the only one that thinks BC is cursed. Wonder if the price of losing Lonergan and Watts will be enough to break it.

Comment

Has anyone heard any updates on Grace Shirley? She was quoted in an article earlier this year that she would be a Badger but I haven't seen anything to confirm that lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                Has anyone heard any updates on Grace Shirley? She was quoted in an article earlier this year that she would be a Badger but I haven't seen anything to confirm that lately.
                I think the article is enough as it was her own words, so I feel confident she's coming. We won't know for certain until they get together in Madison this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  I totally agree.

Comment

Wwwhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      Wwwhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
                      Christmas in June!

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        MJ broke the curse last year. The floodgates of titles will now flow as before.

Comment

I am betting that she heard I was moving back to Wisconsin and that put the whole thing to rest.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

So, Watts and the mention of Grace Shirley got me thinking about line combinations. And while it is overall a pleasant set of thoughts, it does lead to one thing for me to be worried about.

After Roque, the other people centering the top three lines and/or taking significant numbers of faceoffs are gone - Clark, Shaver, and to a lesser extent Cogan and Pankowski. Drake and Pettet took some faceoffs with the 4th line, but both were below .500.

So, is it big deal to move from left/right into the center and do a good job at faceoffs? Am I just borrowing trouble?

Comment

The key will be to get 2 lines that can score and a 3rd line that can hold up against anyone in transition and in the D zone and score a bit. I hate to break up Shirley Roque Curl, but I think it's imperative to have Watts ignite right from the start, so pairing her with Roque and SS (Sophie Shirley) will do that. Schneider showed a lot last year playing for Cogan and Pettet has looked good when spotted up the lineup to fill for injuries her first 2 years. Grace Shirley is supposed to be better than Sophie, I could even see her with Watts and Roque and keep Sophie with Curl to retain some chemistry.

Watts Roque SS
                              Curl Schneider GS
                              Norby Pettet Mauermann
                              Greig Drake Hanzlick/Posick/DeVito

UW was actually good at faceoffs last year, which is usually not the case. I think with some experience they can develop those skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Same for 11/15, boys play UND Friday, so that pushes MSU Sat/Sun. ... Of course MBB is hanging out there to screw up the Women's hockey schedule.
                                Marquette at Wisconsin, men's BB, Sunday Nov 17th. May be a Friday afternoon women hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X