Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Great to see Rigsby get the W and the gold metal yesterday. Also awesome to see Pankowski stay red hot. I love seeing a Badger score on Ratty, she had caused much gnashing of Badger teeth over the years. She's #1 on my UM most disliked board.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Great to see Rigsby get the W and the gold metal yesterday. Also awesome to see Pankowski stay red hot. I love seeing a Badger score on Ratty, she had caused much gnashing of Badger teeth over the years. She's #1 on my UM most disliked board.
      Wait, you whined a lot more about Kessel...How is she not number 1?
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        I'm sure both Amanda and Phil were #1 on the Badger dislike lists of men and women Gopher hockey players, but then I'm also sure Badger fans would try to rewrite history when it fits current events.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          I'm sure both Amanda and Phil were #1 on the Badger dislike lists of men and women Gopher hockey players...
          Phil tops that list, for sure!
          https://youtu.be/MBFk3Ygg0fc
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The goalie has more of an impact on the game than an F does. Watching the Finland game made me come to recall how much pain she has inflicted on me over the years, I kind of had blocker her out of my memory. It isn't like Ms Kessel was having multiple goal games against UW every single time out. My beef was, as you know, being retired, then coming back and being the wild card that put UM over the top that year. Mr. Kessel is and will always be the most disliked UM male player, but over all Brett Hull and Tony Hrkac are above him and it's not even close. I still have nightmares about Hull. He only played 2 years, as did Hrkac, but it seemed like he scored every time he was on the ice. The old Hrkac Cirkus thing was rough to live through as well.

Comment

Casey O'Brien, a Jr, is the US player of the year according to the well informed USA today. She was 48g/39a in 43 games. Her linemate, Makenna Webster, also a Jr was also 1st team, she was 20g 42a in 40 games. Webster has been more highly thought of than O'Brien historically, but it's like splitting hairs, they have been playing together @ SSM and Team USA for years. Last year Webster was a 1st team and O'Brien was 3rd team. For the record Curl was also 1st team last year.

Hopefully UW can tread water this next season until those 2 get here the following season. :O I have never been so excited to see a player put on the motion W than Webster.

Not to overlook incoming Grace Shirley, who has outscored her big Sis Sophie playing for the Saskatoon Stars and Dara Greig is only averaging 2.48 pts per game playing for the Pursuit Of Excellence. Yeah, they will muddle through next year.

Comment

I have never been so excited to see a player put on the motion W than Webster.
                Careful...you don't want to start sounding like the bc shlubs.

Comment

Careful...you don't want to start sounding like the bc shlubs.
                  Thanks, I do feel like that post in general was channeling my inner T3, but it is ok to be excited, that's what puts a smile on one's face. I won't say that Webster could win the PK in her Fr year because that would....be......must......stop......typ i n g.

Comment

Thanks, I do feel like that post in general was channeling my inner T3, but it is ok to be excited, that's what puts a smile on one's face. I won't say that Webster could win the PK in her Fr year because that would....be......must......stop......typ i n g.
                    I do understand the excited part as Webster, O'Brien and Wheeler are three terrific recruits for 2020.

Comment

I do understand the excited part as Webster, O'Brien and Wheeler are three terrific recruits for 2020.
                      And add to this the fact that Pankowski should still be around, as she has been a Badger for as far back as I can recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                        And add to this the fact that Pankowski should still be around, as she has been a Badger for as far back as I can recall.
                        She's like the Mayan warrior in Supernatural season 8, episode 3 (Heartache).

Comment

that's the irony of Timothy's angst about Kessell and Clarkson signing free agents
                          in addition to having a sixth year senior last year, Clark was a five year, Rolfes got a red shirt, they've had a few transfers AND a couple of their players had some seasoning in a pro league or other leagues before joining the team

but that's OK, the drought was so long I was beginning to feel sorry for them

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                            in addition to having a sixth year senior last year,
                            Pankowski didn't enroll at UW until the fall of 2014. Her 2013-2014 year spent with the National team and "pre-Olympics" came between high school and college, so her "five year clock" didn't start until the 2014-2015 season. Think of 2013-2014 as a "gap year". She finished 2018-2019 as a regular 5th-year senior.

(EDIT: And even that "regular 5th year senior" is maybe not quite correct, because she never did "red shirt" a year. If I understand things correctly, her 2017-2018 year away does not count as a red-shirt, so one could argue she's not even a 5th year senior, but is a 4th year senior.)
                            Last edited by robertearle; 04-22-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Pankowski didn't enroll at UW until the fall of 2014. Her 2013-2014 year spent with the National team and "pre-Olympics" came between high school and college, so her "five year clock" didn't start until the 2014-2015 season. Think of 2013-2014 as a "gap year". She finished 2018-2019 as a regular 5th-year senior.

(EDIT: And even that "regular 5th year senior" is maybe not quite correct, because she never did "red shirt" a year. If I understand things correctly, her 2017-2018 year away does not count as a red-shirt, so one could argue she's not even a 5th year senior, but is a 4th year senior.)
                              Yeah, I actually knew all of this; I was just tweaking our young friend Tim.

Comment

She is going to Vet school @ UW, so she will still be around. If there is a freshman on the team who looks like just her it's strictly a coincidence. A lot of weird stuff goes on in WI you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X