Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    And in helping the XM radio cause here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aClGLnfCTis

I wonder if we get a glimpse of Timothy A when the camera goes from the stage to the crowd.
    LOL. I've never been to New Glarus, but nice little tune there. I wish I had a pair of lederhosen.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      LOL. I've never been to New Glarus, but nice little tune there. I wish I had a pair of lederhosen.
      New Glarus isn't that far from Madison...Is it one of those things where it is more of a tourist type destination so you stay away?

The wife and I have been there and enjoyed it (not the polka though...).
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        New Glarus isn't that far from Madison...Is it one of those things where it is more of a tourist type destination so you stay away?

The wife and I have been there and enjoyed it (not the polka though...).
        It's not that I stay away, I've just never had a reason to go there. I live NE of Madison and NW of Milwaukee, so I tend to have plenty to do in that triangle.

Comment

I wanted to mention that Baylee Wellhausen is doing color commentary for the Milwaukee Admirals. Pretty cool to see her break down a gender barrier like that.

Comment

Comments from the glass....

Saturday....the crowd was electric, the band was big, loud and sharp, the players came out totally focused the they played with awesome pace right from the get go. There was no MJ distraction at all. Really can't sat too much about putting up 7 when Kato started the back-up to rest Levy for the playoffs (LOL). What I can say is Shirley turned the jets on a partial breakaway goal, splitting 3 cows and getting slashed multiple times as she moved in to shoot and score. Soup got beat twice on clean breakaways. The first one the shooter missed the net, all she had to do was lift it over the pad. The second one she got beat clean on a wrister. Very unusual to see UW give up breakaways like that. On the second one I think Shaver got too cute by the blueline,the D got caught flatfooted and the Kato player got the clean break, it was so clean she could have brewed a cup of coffee before a backchecker was going to get there. Second goal she got a piece of on the PK, but it got through.

Sunday....the crowd was flat, the band only had 10 people there, what a pathetic disservice to the team, the fans and MJ as he was also honored today at that game. The music dept. is pathetic. The team was mega sharp the whole game again. They never let off the gas with the pace of the game. It was very impressive. Interestingly MJ said they wanted to try and get more rebounds and the team responded with many more low shots and less sniper shots. You heard a lot more booming pad saves than normal. The result was 2 crash the net/scrum goals (Shirley/Mauermann) and a clean rebound goal by Curl. Also pleasing was a back door shoot off the pass goal by Shirley on a great feed from Cogan. I have been lamenting not enough shots off the pass, I'm glad they listened. . The goal allowed was a leaker. It has to be hard seeing only 1 or 2 shots a period as a goalie to keep your head in the game.

I really like the grey added to Kato's uni's, they were sharp.

I have to give credit to the refs on the first UW goal today. It was a players crashing players into the net play. They did not signal goal before the whistle, but they reviewed it and called it a goal. I don't think I've seen a non called goal called a goal after review. Other than that they sucked, Kato got away with a bunch of obvious non-calls early in the game, I don't think UW got away with much. Kato also enjoys a good slash, lots of wood chopping going on as well by them.

Comment

I watched parts of both games and I have to say the Badgers were impressive. From the opening puckdrop the talent gap between the two teams was obvious. You knew right away that a Minnesota State win would take a minor miracle.

Individually I thought Sophie Shirley was really good, and will be very difficult for any opponent to contain in the playoffs.

One other thing that stood out was the tremendous beating that Presley Norby took and withstood, from bodies, sticks, the ice and the boards. But she always managed to get up and jump back into the play, and I don't recall her missing a shift. As each game wore on the Mavs seemed to get more physical - and yes, cheap on occasion - and it was Miss Norby who seemed to take the brunt of their frustration.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                One other thing that stood out was the tremendous beating that Presley Norby took and withstood, from bodies, sticks, the ice and the boards. But she always managed to get up and jump back into the play, and I don't recall her missing a shift. As each game wore on the Mavs seemed to get more physical - and yes, cheap on occasion - and it was Miss Norby who seemed to take the brunt of their frustration.
                If I had to pick a favorite player on the team right now, Norby would probably be it. She is at all times effort and energy. It doesn't always show up in the box score, but this weekend - for example - she induced at least three penalties, including the five minute major on Saturday.
                Last edited by robertearle; 02-10-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  If I had to pick a favorite player on the team right now, Norby would probably be it. She is at all times effort and energy. It doesn't always show up in the box score, but this weekend - for example - she induced at least three penalties, including the five minute major on Saturday.
                  Norby was locked in this weekend. It almost seems like she had the puck on her stick the most out of any F on the team. Her line didn't score on Saturday, but they created tons of chaos. Sunday they did score and again created a lot of chaos. Come tourney time that line's ability to be impactful will be critical. Not many teams have a 3rd line that can be trusted like them. The 4th line also impressed, but I can't get too jacked up due to the opponent.

How do they get Clark going?

Comment

Sunday....the crowd was flat, the band only had 10 people there, what a pathetic disservice to the team, the fans and MJ as he was also honored today at that game. The music dept. is pathetic. The team was mega sharp the whole game again. They never let off the gas with the pace of the game. It was very impressive. Interestingly MJ said they wanted to try and get more rebounds and the team responded with many more low shots and less sniper shots. You heard a lot more booming pad saves than normal. The result was 2 crash the net/scrum goals (Shirley/Mauermann) and a clean rebound goal by Curl. Also pleasing was a back door shoot off the pass goal by Shirley on a great feed from Cogan. I have been lamenting not enough shots off the pass, I'm glad they listened. . The goal allowed was a leaker. It has to be hard seeing only 1 or 2 shots a period as a goalie to keep your head in the game.
                    As a School of Music alum, I feel compelled to defend the "Music Department" as it has very little to do with Pep/Marching Band, although I certainly understand the sentiment. I think we should blame Leckrone that the band didn't even have the key parts covered. Maybe he is lax in his last season.

I thought the Phat Phunktion national anthem was great. I'd love to hear that again.

Comment

Great to see Kaitlyn Kotlowski make the top 5 finalists for Ms. Hockey in that state to the west. There will be big shoes to fill in the D corps next year. They also have Grant and Edwards coming in, and if they play Rowe @ D again they will have 7.

Comment

The UW web site says both games this weekend are being shown of the "Decades Channel"; over-the-air channel 27-3, Charter Cable 189.

No idea what that might mean for other WI TV markets (though there are, I think, stations in Wausau and La Crosse that are owned by the same people who own channel 27 in Madison).

Comment

The UW web site says both games this weekend are being shown of the "Decades Channel"; over-the-air channel 27-3, Charter Cable 189.

No idea what that might mean for other WI TV markets (though there are, I think, stations in Wausau and La Crosse that are owned by the same people who own channel 27 in Madison).
                          Awesome! I just texted my wife to set up the DVR. Thanks a ton!

Gotta sweep this weekend to stay ahead to the rodents! Let's go RED!

Comment

Awesome! I just texted my wife to set up the DVR. Thanks a ton!

Gotta sweep this weekend to stay ahead to the rodents! Let's go RED!
                            BUMMER channel 189 in my area did not have the game on. At least with iHeart Radio it's easy to get a clear broadcast.

AWESOME sweep this wast weekend. Clarky got going, great to see. It was basically a top 2 line show on scoring, but Norby did get one so her next gear play lately was rewarded.

Looking at motivation....OSU is 4 pts up on BSU. BSU plays UM. OSU is a lock for 3rd place in the league but they are desperately battling to make the ncaa's. UW is in a major battle for first in the league and fighting it out for the #1 seed in the ncaa and the coveted chance to destroy the CHA champ, provided the ncaa goes that route. For UM and UW, "eastern" teams are going to travel west no matter what, so it OSU squeaks in, I have to think they will get sent to the lower seed of UM or UW and the CHA winner to the higher seed. A little far ahead thinking, but fun to ponder.

Comment

BUMMER channel 189 in my area did not have the game on. At least with iHeart Radio it's easy to get a clear broadcast.
                              Yeah, no idea what happened. I even went back to the UW web site to see if I had mis-read something. The announcers on the stream on FloHockey went 'out to commercial' by saying the games were on "My Nine" TV (or some such) in Duluth, so there was a TV broadcast to be had. We just didn't get it.

Clark's first goal Friday was classic Clark; from the face-off circle, she looked around for someone to pass to, didn't see anything, and figuratively if not literally shrugged her shoulders and fired the puck into the net. Reminded me of a goal two years ago from the first round of the WCHA tourney: she took the puck into the offensive zone, looked around and saw everyone else peel off for a change, so she turned and fired the puck in, scoring on a "one-on-four rush". All the more impressive was that Friday's was beating Rooney clean.

Comment

Yeah, no idea what happened. I even went back to the UW web site to see if I had mis-read something. The announcers on the stream on FloHockey went 'out to commercial' by saying the games were on "My Nine" TV (or some such) in Duluth, so there was a TV broadcast to be had. We just didn't get it.

Clark's first goal Friday was classic Clark; from the face-off circle, she looked around for someone to pass to, didn't see anything, and figuratively if not literally shrugged her shoulders and fired the puck into the net. Reminded me of a goal two years ago from the first round of the WCHA tourney: she took the puck into the offensive zone, looked around and saw everyone else peel off for a change, so she turned and fired the puck in, scoring on a "one-on-four rush". All the more impressive was that Friday's was beating Rooney clean.
                                I can't believe that they pulled Rooney for the 3rd period on Friday. Only one soft goal through the 5 hole that I think she wanted back ...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X