Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    Per this article Grace Shirley will be a Badger next year.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...hips-1.4976651
    YES!

I am SO stoked, this is fantastic news! She is every bit as good as her big sis, some say she's even better! I was so worried she'd end up at some other school other than UW since she'e way past the typical commitment age for a player as good as her. WHEW and hallelujah! On Wisconsin!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    YES!

I am SO stoked, this is fantastic news! She is every bit as good as her big sis, some say she's even better! I was so worried she'd end up at some other school other than UW since she'e way past the typical commitment age for a player as good as her. WHEW and hallelujah! On Wisconsin!
    Shirley you can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
    Per this article Grace Shirley will be a Badger next year.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...hips-1.4976651
    she isn't going to spend a year in the CWHL first?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    Shirley you can't be serious.
    Shirley if the Shirley's played out east they'd make more Watts than Wattsx2.

Shirley if the Shirley's played out east they'd make more Watts than Wattsx2.
    https://youtu.be/ixljWVyPby0

Shirley, you can't be serious...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I guess she's not used to being able to trust the 3rd line and maybe the 4th from her coaching experience.
    Disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drhockey View Post
    Disagree

The coach did not overplay the top 2 lines. She overplayed 4 forwards. Murphy and Webster never touched the ice on the PK. As a result, she kept possibly the best 2 players in the tournament on the bench for 16 mins of penalties. Worse yet, the other 4 forwards on the top 2 times played PK. Consequently, Murphy and Webster sat a full rotation of the lines every PK. She did this every game and this is the reason that Canada won gold.

Let's go RED!

The coach did not overplay the top 2 lines. She overplayed 4 forwards. Murphy and Webster never touched the ice on the PK. As a result, she kept possibly the best 2 players in the tournament on the bench for 16 mins of penalties. Worse yet, the other 4 forwards on the top 2 times played PK. Consequently, Murphy and Webster sat a full rotation of the lines every PK. She did this every game and this is the reason that Canada won gold.

Very interesting insight.

Very interesting insight.
    You can form your own opinion from the stream if you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9F6xoQeIFw
    I could give up pizza but I don't want to be considered a quitter.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    You can form your own opinion from the stream if you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9F6xoQeIFw
    That is awfully nice of you to post this link. I may have time next week to watch it. Thanks.

Let's go RED!

Well, it is rodent skull cracking season, let's get on with it. They shook the cobwebs out last Friday and were back to their normal selves Saturday. I sure hope Clark wakes up a bit, this is the kind of series where you want the big guns to hit the target. On Wisconsin and LET'S GO RED!

no posts after the weekend? fans must still be thawing out

Given the weekend ended in a split, the only thing left to argue about is which guitar player did the best job of the national anthem, the guy Saturday who I thought was better in creativity and use of distortion, or the guy a couple years ago in Madison who probably did a better job overall. Anybody got a link to a video of either? Surely with all the cell phones these days someone has video.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    no posts after the weekend? fans must still be thawing out

Given the weekend ended in a split, the only thing left to argue about is which guitar player did the best job of the national anthem, the guy Saturday who I thought was better in creativity and use of distortion, or the guy a couple years ago in Madison who probably did a better job overall. Anybody got a link to a video of either? Surely with all the cell phones these days someone has video.
    I did not see any games, I can't really comment too much other than I willed Clark to score, that was pretty cool. A split in the road against #2 isn't anything to be too disappointed in. Home ice for the ncaa's is still highly likely, so I am happy with that, and they are still in the running for the wwhca title. OSU pooping their pants sure did help UM and UW in the race for #1.

I did not see any games, I can't really comment too much other than I willed Clark to score, that was pretty cool. A split in the road against #2 isn't anything to be too disappointed in. Home ice for the ncaa's is still highly likely, so I am happy with that, and they are still in the running for the wwhca title. OSU pooping their pants sure did help UM and UW in the race for #1.
    UW was the better team Friday, but not by all that much. Saturday, the first two Minn goals were pretty flukey/unlucky for UW. The first was a shot (or maybe even a pass) that deflected off a UW skater, redirected past Campbell; she had no chance. The second was a good shot that hit Campbell in the mask, went straight up into the air, came down, bounce off her back and went into the goal. So it 'beat her' but it took an unlucky bounce to find its way into the net.

I'll say this though: once UW got behind, they looked a little panicy trying to even things up. (Or maybe I was panicky, and I'm projecting!)

They got a split; a sweep would have been great, but the split was what they needed to do for WCHA standings, etc. Wisconsin is #1, and Minnesota is #1A. Likely destined to meet at least one more time, maybe two more.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    UW was the better team Friday, but not by all that much. Saturday, the first two Minn goals were pretty flukey/unlucky for UW. The first was a shot (or maybe even a pass) that deflected off a UW skater, redirected past Campbell; she had no chance. The second was a good shot that hit Campbell in the mask, went straight up into the air, came down, bounce off her back and went into the goal. So it 'beat her' but it took an unlucky bounce to find its way into the net.

I'll say this though: once UW got behind, they looked a little panicy trying to even things up. (Or maybe I was panicky, and I'm projecting!)

They got a split; a sweep would have been great, but the split was what they needed to do for WCHA standings, etc. Wisconsin is #1, and Minnesota is #1A. Likely destined to meet at least one more time, maybe two more.
    Thanks Robert for the insight. Good to read Soup wasn't as sievy has the numbers show. I do agree that when they get behind in the big games they don't trust the system and they go off script and play too individually. I guess the pressure gets to them a bit, and that's understandable to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post

I would disagree with your take on Friday...I thought it was controlled by Wisconsin for all but about 10 minutes in the 2nd period. The Back/Fore Check was very impressive by the Badgers! Saturday the Badgers came out a little flat & never played at the pace of Friday Night. The Badgers had the Gophers on the ropes late in second on Saturday when I felt they were tired...then 4 minutes of penalties by the Badgers negated that.

Good split by the Badgers but they will need to find a way to score more goals! Scobee played good but when you hit her in the belly 70% of the time its an easy game....I guess they need more goals of the mask & legs of the opposition.

Thanks Robert for the insight. Good to read Soup wasn't as sievy has the numbers show. I do agree that when they get behind in the big games they don't trust the system and they go off script and play too individually. I guess the pressure gets to them a bit, and that's understandable to a certain extent.
    Friday & Saturday games were somewhat mirror images of each other, both teams know that scoring a goal isn't going to be easy, and if you fall behind there is a certain amount of panic that will set in as the clock ticks that makes them deviate from their game plan.

Saturday the Gophers should have known after scoring the second goal that the Badgers would come back hard, it was pretty much do or die at that point. I felt there was a little bit of a letdown after the 2nd goal combined with Wi amping it up, no surprise they quickly scored but MN quickly regrouped and shut the door.

OSU pooping their pants sure did help UM and UW in the race for #1.
    As far as the WCHA & NCAA tournament goes, being #1 probably isn't important.
    For the former it will likely require beating OSU or UMD, then #1 & #2 tangling.
    Assuming they stay #1 & #2 that sets them up in opposite brackets of the NCAA.
    It's probably not a difference between playing #3 or #4 in either case.
    So the importance of finishing #1 WCHA is you get the title of champ, beyond that, not much.

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    As far as the WCHA & NCAA tournament goes, being #1 probably isn't important.
    For the former it will likely require beating OSU or UMD, then #1 & #2 tangling.
    Assuming they stay #1 & #2 that sets them up in opposite brackets of the NCAA.
    It's probably not a difference between playing #3 or #4 in either case.
    So the importance of finishing #1 WCHA is you get the title of champ, beyond that, not much.
    First in the Pairwise gets you a much easier first round NCAA game (this year, at least).

Thread Information