Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
    And each upperclassman on that team will be so inspired by the rookies that they will raise their own play to unprecedented levels.
    Unprecedented levels of futility against the fighting nurses or other EZAC opponents like the toothpaste squad?
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Unprecedented levels of futility against the fighting nurses or other EZAC opponents like the toothpaste squad?
      The precedented level of futility was that ugly losing streak to the rodents years ago. The fighting nurses and toothpaste deal will never get to that level. No futility streak will lever get to that level. EVER.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        The precedented level of futility was that ugly losing streak to the rodents years ago. The fighting nurses and toothpaste deal will never get to that level. No futility streak will lever get to that level. EVER.
        Good point, that's why you could never hate the fighting nurses or the toothpaste squad as much as the rodents. It also explains why you got to the point where you were addicted to the thinner.

Comment

Maddi Wheeler got invited to the Canadian national camp, the youngest player invited. She is in the same recruiting class as Makenna Webster, another young phenom. Those 2 in the same class with Casey O'Brien may be the best recruiting class ever, so who knows, but as constructed now that is a vaunting trio. All 3 are Olympic caliber.
          The scouting website Neutral Zone (www.neutralzone.net) rates the trio you mention very highly. Webster is their #2 ranked player, O'Brien #4 and Wheeler #5. Overall, the number 2 ranked class at this early date.

Comment

I would guess that if UW got to the Frozen Four every year for the next 12 years, and lost each year to either Clarkson or Colgate, that would be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              BTW:
              somewhere along the way, they 'decided' the dates for all but one of the home series (before this, they had all three days - Fri, Sat, Sun - listed on the schedule).

Personally, both ends of the Princeton series - Fri night, Sunday afternoon - are likely to be head up against volleyball, and the first Duluth game - Saturday - might be, too. And the second Gopher game - Sunday - might be up against a Packer game.
              I'd still like to get a copy of your spreadsheet somehow That possible ? This forum doesn't seem to support private messages, but I could give you my email address somehow. I've done similar spreadsheets in the past but haven't yet for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                I would guess that if UW got to the Frozen Four every year for the next 12 years, and lost each year to either Clarkson or Colgate, that would be worse.
                There would not be enough paint thinner on earth to help me deal with that.

Comment

Good point, that's why you could never hate the fighting nurses or the toothpaste squad as much as the rodents. It also explains why you got to the point where you were addicted to the thinner.
                  I have to say the nurses are nearing the rodents on the hate meter. As I have stated before, in a rodent/nurses match-up I'm rodents all the way.

Comment

The scouting website Neutral Zone (www.neutralzone.net) rates the trio you mention very highly. Webster is their #2 ranked player, O'Brien #4 and Wheeler #5. Overall, the number 2 ranked class at this early date.
                    The Neutral Zone is a pay to read site, correct? If you would be so kind and drop the top 10 on us that would be very nice of you.

Comment

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...nal-title.aspx LGT
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Some planet-friendly alternatives to paint thinner, just in case.

https://itchyfish.com/guide-to-paint...-alternatives/

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I have to say the nurses are nearing the rodents on the hate meter. As I have stated before, in a rodent/nurses match-up I'm rodents all the way.
                          In 2014 and 2017 you rooted for the rodents?

At least the nurses know how to say knighty knight to the rodents in the FF.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Neutral Zone is a pay to read site, correct? If you would be so kind and drop the top 10 on us that would be very nice of you.
                            I have a list of Gopher and BADger recruits from before when there was still some information you could get for free...Not so anymore so this is what I have at this point.

1. Abbey Murphy - GOPHER recruit
                            2. Makenna Webster - BADger recruit
                            3. Maggie Nicholson - GOPHER recruit
                            4. Casey O'Brien - BADger recruit
                            5. Maddie Wheeler - BADger recruit
                            6. ? ( I think this may be where they have Olivia Mobley - Bobcats recruit listed)
                            7. Addie Burton - GOPHER recruit
                            8. ? (I think Lily Delianedis is either here or 9th Cornell recruit)
                            9. ?
                            10 ?
                            11. Anne Cherkowski - GOPHER recruit

These do change periodically so there may be some changes to the top ten as time goes along.
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-07-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Do you know who or what the Neutral Zone is? I ask because those rankings seem rather biased toward the Midwest, although I guess it wouldn't be the first time in women's hockey that that's been the case.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Do you know who or what the Neutral Zone is? I ask because those rankings seem rather biased toward the Midwest, although I guess it wouldn't be the first time in women's hockey that that's been the case.
                                Some of them may not originally be from the Midwest but they will go there if they want to be their best! Wonder if the Trump tariffs will hurt the Midwest #1 Import/ Export? Hockey players.

Comment

Working...
                                X